Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Racing your Monte (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/)
-   -   03 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/03-vw-jetta-wolfsburg-edition-18532/)

red04montels 02-05-2010 03:55 PM

03 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition

So one my way home from school today, my buddy tried bein bad. He drives a 03 VW Jetta, the Wolfsburg Edition. To get right to the point, we started racing down the highway and at first he pulled away, being manual he had a little bit better start, but soon enough i caught up, we raced down and i got up to about 102, and we were both still side by side no one pulling away or falling back, he gave me the thumbs up and we stopped because i knew his turn was coming up.

it was pretty fun and harmless, just him and me and the wide open road.

shingding88 02-05-2010 05:06 PM

i got a buddy who has one of the vw's too. with the right bolt ons that lil car will scare you....but then again i prefer my car :)

Cowboy6622 02-05-2010 09:07 PM

I rode in a turbo Jetta once... it wasn't too bad, but it takes a bit of technique on the behalf of the driver to keep the pressure on the turbo. Sounds like a good match!

red04montels 02-05-2010 09:53 PM

yeah, he had no mods that im aware of, all i have is cold air intake

Wilco 02-05-2010 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622 (Post 198227)
I rode in a turbo Jetta once... it wasn't too bad, but it takes a bit of technique on the behalf of the driver to keep the pressure on the turbo. Sounds like a good match!

You're right, it takes a bit of effort! But once the turbo get's it going they are gone. I've seen one racing an audi a6 on my way to Killeen, and they were both hauling it. The Audi was much faster from take off but the VW kept pulling up, and keeping up. Needless to say, I didn't even try to join in. They most have been doing over 110 easy!

red04montels 02-06-2010 03:29 PM

i woulda gone up past 110, but i was running out of road and governor woulda shut it down lol, not in a few months tho ha

vita 02-06-2010 10:58 PM

nice to hear your running it how you should. :)

careful on main roads... cops dont like seeing 2 cars at those speeds, especially in wisconsin (born and raised there). You rolling an SS?

red04montels 02-06-2010 11:05 PM

definately drivin her how she should be drivin haha, i figured i got a 50/50 chance of being pulled over, lol we slowed down before we had a blind spot where we wouldnt be able to see what was coming up, im in an ls, but she likes to go fast ha

Space 02-07-2010 06:10 AM

:rolleyes:...Hi `Mitch,
Thanks 4 sharing your road rac'in experience 4-Sure.....
It's always a gamble to hit high speeds, but glad 2 read that your experience ended with fun & no accidents or ticket's...4-Sure....

There's many turbo 4banger's out there that can kick butt...Glad 2 read that U were able to run a close race....& prove a heavier Monte Carlo can run with them : )

BeSmart/Safe & Buckle `up :eek: Whose next ? :confused::D

vita 02-07-2010 07:48 PM

I loved my LS when I had it. glad to see theres still a few around :) too many SS's taking all the monte credit. haha