Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE Wanted Classifieds (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/private-wanted-classifieds-19/)
-   -   Wanted: 3100 V6 for my 96 LS (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/private-wanted-classifieds-19/3100-v6-my-96-ls-39861/)

trvsglr 11-08-2012 01:17 AM

3100 V6 for my 96 LS

I do not want to get rid of my 96 LS so i am looking to replace the motor. Anyone here have a good running 3100 (or something else that will fit) they'd like to sell me? I live in Milton PA, i have to borrow a truck from a friend to pick it up so I'm hopping to find something close. Thanks!

Leprechaun93 11-08-2012 10:29 AM

IMO i really dont think its worth the effort to revive an old 5th gen. Unless its in mint condition or has some other value to you. The amount of time/money you'll spend on an engine swap, you might as well take the money and put it towards a newer car.

trvsglr 11-08-2012 11:17 AM

I'm not asking for opinions or smart ass responses here. Don't bother posting if you don't have what I'm looking for.

ChibiBlackSheep 11-08-2012 11:18 AM

Milton... that's near Selinsgrove right?

There are a good amount of junkyards in the area, should be able to easily find a donor

Anger is a quick way to not get a response btw ;)

trvsglr 11-08-2012 11:24 AM

Yea I need to do some major looking, my uncle has a shop he runs on the side. This swap will not cost me anything. I'm not being angry, I'm just tired of people being smart about stuff. This is a serious matter for me. I have 3 kids and my girlfriend and I both work full time and this is the cheapest way for us right now. Yes the car is mint, my father was the only owner and its been garage kept all its life. A flood a while back is the problem. All I wanna do is fix my car.

MnteCrloSS47 11-08-2012 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by trvsglr (Post 507203)
Yea I need to do some major looking, my uncle has a shop he runs on the side. This swap will not cost me anything. I'm not being angry, I'm just tired of people being smart about stuff. This is a serious matter for me. I have 3 kids and my girlfriend and I both work full time and this is the cheapest way for us right now. Yes the car is mint, my father was the only owner and its been garage kept all its life. A flood a while back is the problem. All I wanna do is fix my car.

He wasn't being smart he was just trying to help with a suggestion. If you didn't like it just say so. No need for that kind of response we are a friendly bunch on here.
Welcome to the forum i hope you find what youre looking for.

ChibiBlackSheep 11-08-2012 12:16 PM

So many cars come with the 3100 and 3400, grabbing any of those should be a piece of cake

red04montels 11-08-2012 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by trvsglr (Post 507201)
I'm not asking for opinions or smart ass responses here. Don't bother posting if you don't have what I'm looking for.

craigslist and ebay.. you seem to have everything under control.

The_Maniac 11-08-2012 04:48 PM

Since you have to swap the motor, with little effort you could do almost a direct swap for a 3400 (which would be a simple performance upgrade from the original 3100).

Regardless, 3100 or 3400, they should be easy to source from any junk yard. Very common engines.

nitehawkjcb 11-08-2012 05:32 PM

These guys covered it pretty well, you could find a good 3100/3400 anywhere - they came in Grand Ams, Grand Prixs, even some GM minivans. Or you may want to call Morad Parts Company, they may have what you need, and are in Cleveland, OH.

Morad Parts Company - 3800 Motors, Transaxles, & Stock Parts