PRIVATE For Sale/Trade Classifieds This is for active members of the forum. Spammers will be deleted and banned! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Service Offered: PCM Service ('98-'05 3800/3400/3100)

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 09:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default PCM Service ('98-'05 3800/3400/3100)

Send me a PM or email the.maniac404@gmail.com.
All prices that include shipping are based on shipping within the continental U.S. (shipping anywhere else will require adjustments

I am offering a small PCM service for members here using the 3800/3100/3400 drivetrains.

For my services, I am charging $50 (this includes insured return shipping to you). Prior to doing any PCM transaction, I will require the VIN, year and make of your car as well as the Service Number of your current PCM (you can find the PCM in the box with the air cleaner).
I am working with a DHP PowrTuner, which is limited to certain cars it supports, with the info I am requesting, I can tell you if I should be able to make your adjustments or not ahead of time. I am able to make these adjustments without requiring the car, only the PCM.

As of right now, here's what I can offer:
- Remove the speed limiter (not to be confused with the rev limiter)
- For those who had to swap a cat with a non-OEM cat and are getting hit with the P0420 code, I am offering to delete this code.
- Minor adjustment to the "Acceleration Enrichment" (additional percentage of fuel given based on percentage of throttle being applied, increase performance).
- Change fan settings turn on temps to temps you specify (to accommodate lower temp thermostats).
- Load new MAF tables (I currently have the LS6-LQ4 MAF table, something beyond that, you may need to provide the table).
- For EGR delete mods, removal of codes P0401, P0403, P0404, P0405, P1404
- Delete other codes you specify related to your mods. Please note, I reserve the right to decline a code delete request if I am uncomfortable with the reason why (at which point I will refer you to one of multiple vendors that address PCM mail order programming).
- Flash custom BINs you created (you assume all liability for the modifications to the BIN file)

- Adjust the key off/fan on settings (depending on engine temp, the fans will continue to run when the car is off for a specified time) --- This does not work on W-Bodies (like the Monte) -- Does work on the N-Body Grand Am.

Important Note: I'm not doing full PCM tunes (I am not changing Air-to-Fuel ratios, timing, fueling or other advanced features). What I do is not comparable to a tune from places like ZZP, Intense, OverKill, PCMforLess or many others. I am offering simple and safe adjustments, that I am running on all three GM v6 cars in my driveway. If you need a full tune, I refer to the many other companies that offer that service. I am also not deleting codes to work around improper maintenance. This service is focused primarily around the P0420 issue while offering a few other perks to get the most value for a cheap price.

I understand many of us, the car we want to tune is our daily driver and we cannot be with out it. For those who are in that situation, once I tell you if I can adjust your PCM or not, if you are interested in sourcing an extra PCM for me to modify, eBay is a great source. I see many compatible PCMs on eBay for $20-$30 shipped (Service Numbers between the PCMs MUST match). If I agreed to assist, you can purchase the donor PCM and have the eBay seller ship it directly to me (saving you from having to wait to receive it only to pay to ship it again). Once I complete the adjustments, I will ship the PCM back and include instructions on how to perform a PCM relearn.
By going this route, you have a modded PCM and if you want, your factory original (or you can turn around and resell you original once the modded one is in and working).

If you have questions about what I am offering, please feel free to PM me. Thanks!!

These are the most common cars supported (there are additional models not listed). Feel free to PM me if you have questions.
'99-'04 Alero (3400 LA1)
'00-'04 Bonneville (3800 L36/L67)
'98-'01 Camaro (3800 L36)
'99-'05 Grand Am (3400 LA1)
'98-'03 Grand Prix (3800 L36/L67, 3100 LG8)
'00-'05 Impala (3800 L36/L67, 3400 LA1)
'98-'04 Monte Carlo (3400 LA1, 3800 L36/L67)
'98-'04 Regal (3800 L36/L67)

Last edited by The_Maniac; 03-26-2020 at 07:11 AM.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:55 AM

10 Year Member

*** NEW SERVICES FOR 3400 OWNERS ***
Both new services are included for the same flat rate cost of $50 shipped!

First:
Owners of 3400 powered '99+ Grand Ams, tired of lag for the car to build up line pressure between shifts at WOT? Look no further. Increasing the line pressure settings will eliminate that. Tested with my own '02 Grand Am GT, I have settings that will improve your shifts and end that lag!

Last edited by The_Maniac; 09-13-2015 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:04 PM

Phenomenal guy. Has been working with me on a PCM service for months. Very knowledgeable and answers questions quickly. Extremely reasonable cost of service and extremely quick return shipping on PCM. He will be by first contact for anyone else who needs PCM help or advice. Thanks again.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:36 PM

Just may have this done...hmmmmm...

Old 07-07-2013, 09:45 PM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by MJClemm
Just may have this done...hmmmmm...
When you are ready, shoot me a PM with your VIN number and I can check a couple of things out.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
When you are ready, shoot me a PM with your VIN number and I can check a couple of things out.
Thanks a ton, ill get back to you ASAP.. Thanks..mjclemmer...

Old 09-02-2013, 10:52 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Jason (Maniac)

What a phenomenal job you have done with the work you did on my PCM last Saturday at the Mentor on the lake show! For obvious reasons, My fuel mileage has greatly improved! along with the much needed power increase!
I now can do over 105 mph !!! As a matter of fact...Yesterday I did a little Speed test (Shhh don't tell anyone) I easily hit 110 and it was still pulling hard in D(3rd).. Not OD! Until I hit traffic and had to backout of it..

I would highly Recommend Letting Jason re set that PCM!!!!
Thanks Again Jason!
You Da Man!!!!

Old 09-02-2013, 05:25 PM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
What a phenomenal job you have done with the work you did on my PCM last Saturday at the Mentor on the lake show! For obvious reasons, My fuel mileage has greatly improved! along with the much needed power increase!
Thanks David! Glad you are pleased with the changes.

Funniest part of all, I just deleted the speed limiter and a minor, MINOR tweak to the acceleration enrichment table!! Glad to hear with what little I adjusted you are noticing an improvement in performance.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks David! Glad you are pleased with the changes.

Funniest part of all, I just deleted the speed limiter and a minor, MINOR tweak to the acceleration enrichment table!! Glad to hear with what little I adjusted you are noticing an improvement in performance.
Update:

Jason after you adjusted the fans/temp etc.... Its now working flawlessly!

Pls lemme know when you figure out the best way to set the transmission shift points! I will be first in line!
Thanks Jason!

Old 11-23-2013, 09:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Bump!
Jason I will be hiting you up for this probably jan-feb time frame. Just a heads up.

Quick Reply: Service Offered: PCM Service ('98-'05 3800/3400/3100)