PRIVATE For Sale/Trade Classifieds This is for active members of the forum. Spammers will be deleted and banned! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

For Sale: 2002 Monte SS. - $4200

Old 05-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Default 2002 Monte SS. - $4200

So I think it's time i want to get out of my Monte Carlo. I've had her for about 7 years, and there's so many cars out there i want to drive, i feel as though i should at least get a different one soon. Plus, i have had two kids since buying this car. It's been a good car to me and still is something i'd trust to go across country.

Upgrades: Borla Stainless cat-back exhaust, a ZZPerformance ECU and Amsoil Cold-air intake. Full Tuneup in Feb of '12 and all new brakes and rotors in December. Black with tan leather interior, 146K miles and aftermarket remote start.

Needs a couple of small things like a new trunk light and to have the windshield wiper motor bracket fixed because the wipers don't park flat down (it's just a tab that needs to be bent back in place.. takes about 45 minutes to do.) Also the interior lights mysteriously don't work when the doors open or the headlight switch is used, but the map lights still work. And with the ZZP ECU, it seems that it triggers the ABS sensor to turn the traction control off at random. When that happens, i just drive it to where i'm going, and then when i restart it, it's fine. this actually only happens once every couple of weeks.

I was rear-ended at about 5mph at a stop light a long time ago. the light was red on my lane, and the lane next to us went green. The Pickup truck behind me began to roll, thinking it was our green light. Minor impact, had to replace the trunklid, bumper cover and tail-lights, that's all. everything back to normal. Way better than if he'd been probably trying to stop. only had about 10-15ft tops to accelerate.. it has the surfboard trunk lip on the back, but i'm also including the nascar style lip that came with the new trunk lid.

ANYWAYS.. just some minor scuffs and scratches to be dealt with.

It's just a good solid car that still runs very strong and i use it to go back and forth to work. about 25 miles each way. I put roughly 250-300 miles on it a week and tank up pretty much every Thursday. I run it on AMSOIL full synthetic and just changed the oil in it about 4,000 miles ago.

The only issue I've ever really had in this car was when the wires frayed to the ECU after having rubbed up against the old K&N air filter's metal cage. That caused the car to randomly buck and stall, Look at my profile and my past threads and you can see where i had this issue. This has since been resolved and there hasn't been a blip of an issue since. Hell, it's even driven up Mt Washington without so much as a burp!

I'd like to see someone from the Monte Carlo Forums take it because you guys will take care of her better than some random kid off of Craigslist. I would keep her forever, but like i said, other cars await, and because i have a family, that other car is a Volvo V70R.

$4200
Norwich, CT.

I'm at work right now, so pics will have to wait.