Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale/Trade Classifieds (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-18/)
-   -   For Sale: 2006 Monte Carlo LT (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-18/2006-monte-carlo-lt-58293/)

SkippyThorson 05-08-2017 10:55 AM

2006 Monte Carlo LT

2 Attachment(s)
Hello all, although my time here has been short, it has been VERY fun - alas, with a little one and another on the way, I'm moving to a 4-door-something.

Thusly, up for sale is my treasured Monte Carlo. Well on its way to becoming my vision, I've added some tasteful (Chevy-stock or otherwise un-do-able) mods to turn it in to my idea of what an "Intimidator" package could have been if available on the last body style.

I'm asking $6,500

Attachment 19483

Attachment 19484

Normal Monte stuff / wear and tear items:
  • Black
  • LT (Vin check revealed it's an LT, not LS, badge pending install)
  • 96,000 miles
  • original 3.5 V6
  • original 4-speed auto
  • dark grey fabric interior
  • dual-climate control
  • leather steering wheel with stereo controls and cruise control
  • 3k interval oil changes in the time myself, the prior owner and the prior owner's father all had it (they run a classic car shop together)
  • Brand new Napa rotors and Napa ceramic pads all around last Summer. Stops great, and cuts down on break dust.
  • Brand new emergency brake cable and hardware front to back, because I didn't feel the original one gripped enough

Extras and add-ons:
  • Had the car repainted last year to remove all standard Monte rust. Both rear quarters all the way to the A-pillar, trunk lid (more below) and the right-front fender (left front is fine). I have photos of the process and will leave the card for the shop that did the work. I take all my cars there for detailing, love them.
  • Replaced the surf-board-spoiler with the upright SS/Nascar-spoiler; had this and the trunk lid painted at the time of restoration (see above) because it wasn't perfect, and this spoiler doesn't go as far forward on the trunk lid to hide the scuffing from the flat spoiler. (The original spoiler will go with it, too)
  • Light-grey carpet floor mats to accent the silver dash. The original floor mats are in the trunk; perfect shape
  • Added a Monte leather trunk handle, because it drove me nuts there was nowhere to grab and I wasn't touching the paint anymore.
  • Added leather shift handle to match steering wheel, much nicer.
  • Brand new air intake filter and cabin air filter last summer. Sweet, fresh air
  • Black Depo headlights, stock bulbs. Loved the black look on the front of this car. Too Impala-ish otherwise. These have the amber reflector like normal, too
  • Quiet-flow SS single exhaust to replace the stock one, done by the previous owner. Just a hint of rumble, but not loud. Hate loud.
  • Finished off the exhaust last year with a chrome Gibson down-tip. That little detail at the end for a hint of flash; accents the wheels, next up...
  • My favorite - 17" chrome wheels off an earlier Supercharged SS. Not the Dale Jr wheels, but plasti-dipped to look just like it with matte black accents. Goodyear Eagle rubber, because well, it's a Monte. These show their age, hints of corrosion on some edges, but look excellent
  • I have black SS side-skirts, but these were rougher than I thought, and I don't know if I want to do it. They'll also go with the car.

You can also have a set (FREE) of factory 16" wheels with tires (but both sets of tires need replacing). I'm nuts, and all of our cars (5) have summer / winter wheels. Choose the factory alloys that came with the car (currently on my Impala) or the Impalas's factory steelies with wheel covers (acorn lugnuts to match).

The only negatives are normal scuffing and wear for a 10 year old car, a mark on the driver seat, and someone caught my rear bumper above the exhaust leaving a nasty contact-line. (Girrr)

At the risk of rambling further, I'll entertain any questions, and offer my cell via PM. I'm located in Utica NY, and that's just between Albany and Syracuse for reference.

SkippyThorson 06-26-2017 02:03 PM

I have updated this to reflect the car is an LT, not an LS. Someone rebadged the trunk and did it incorrectly. I have an LT badge ready when it's nicer out.

Price drop to $6,000