Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale/Trade Classifieds (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-18/)
-   -   2004 Monte Carlo SS "turbo monte" (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-18/2004-monte-carlo-ss-turbo-monte-58978/)

turbo monte 10-10-2017 07:53 PM

2004 Monte Carlo SS "turbo monte"

**ATTENTION**

Negative comments not needed, don't like it simply move on, we are all adults here.

2004 Monte Carlo SS
665whp 584wtq at 27psi on a dynojet tuned by Kevin margitta at Cartuning performance.
Car has around 86,000 miles on the body.
I have owned this car since June 2007.
Seen 4 winters and since then been garage kept and only seen rain for Michigan meets. Very very little rust on car. (some rust on rad support etc)
Mod list:
-Block bored out .020
-Arp fasteners with clevite bearings
-8.5:1 compression with hypertunetic pistons
-L67 crank and rods
-L36 heads ported with oversized Manley valves and 150# springs
-Yella Terra 1.6 roller rockers
-st5 turbo cam
-roll master double roller with chamfer cut
-balance shaft delete with oil passage drilled and tapped
-mls head gaskets
-arp head studs
-holden intake manifold
-LS3 TB
-LS9 maf
-borg Warner s369sxe twin scroll 1.14ar divided
-2 precision 46mm wastegates
-3.5" downpipe with cutout
-3" charge pipes flared to 4" for maf
-water meth spraying 2 nozzles
-treadstone tr1245 a2a intercooler
-aem failsafe wideband
-aem boost/vac
-aem fuel pressure
-dual aeroforce scan gauges in blue
-walbro 485 pump
-80lb injectors
-air ride suspension
-bmr front and back stb
-bmr lateral arms
-bmr trailing arms
-gmpp front and rear sway bars
-gmr input shaft
-gmr output shaft
-gmr 1" 3.11 chain and gears
-gmr torsen diff
-gmr axle flanges (new not installed)
-precision billet converter
-tep valve body/channel plate
-tep clutches (12 pack upgrade for 3rd)
-17" American racing wheels nitto 555 on back mickey Thompson ET street on front
-custom cowl hood
-custon fiberglass trunk for 2 12" subs
-netami seats with 5 point harnesses
-super cooler trans cooler
-mezeire ewp
-mezeire flex plate
-black housing head lights
-self tinted tail lights
-6an fuel and return lines
-cartuning turbo headers with v band to custom crossover
-cartuning bov
-manual boost controller
-complete rewire, fuse box under dash, battery behind seats, pcm behind seats
-catch can
-body kit
-20% front 5% back tint
-roof rails
-ac delete
-heat delete
-air bag delete
-cruise delete
-abs delete
-trac control delete
-egr delete
-evap delete
-many many stock trans parts, engine parts, wiring, hood, and the list goes on. All extras go with car.
-im sure im forgetting stuff also.

The bad:
Blew the top intake hat off and broke it. I have sources to get a replacement from Australia so it's no big deal there. I have had enough with the issues on this car and tired of fixing it. It's time someone else has fun with it and makes a nasty track car with it. There is tons of potential here but sadly it can't happen under my expense any longer. This car has created many great memories and many accomplishments but I want to get into a more suited platform that can easily make 700whp rwd with potential for 1000+whp and this car is not gonna do it for me. I have unfortunately out grown the car for the dreams I have. Lots and lots of time, sweat, tears, and money went into this car, someone will be getting a great deal compared to what i spent but my loss is another lucky person's dream!

Car will be sold "as is" for $18,000 reasonable offers are welcome. If the car does not sell I will part out but I also in no hurry so a partout may not happen for a while. Buyer will have to sign a paper admitting he knows about the safety features on this vehicle being removed etc so I am not liable. I will not ship the car. Title in hand.

JuniorCar 10-10-2017 09:29 PM

I never thought you'd do it John. You're going to have a hard time finding another owner with as much passion for the car as you. GLWS

The_Maniac 10-10-2017 09:43 PM

Sorry to hear that your relationship with your Monte has come to this. Remember the good and never look back.
GLWS!

bumpin96monte 10-10-2017 10:40 PM

I'll be honest, I'm not surprised. Seems like most everyone gets burned out on this platform in short order at that power level. I can't even count how many monster GP guys demodded, sold, and never looked back. Sad to hear regardless, and hopefully you hang around to continue to share your knowledge of the platform.

Curious though, why not either fix the intake or replace it with a regular L26 or something so the car is drivable? Just a suggestion, but it seems like it would be easier to sell as a whole if it ran and drove.

Regardless, good luck with the sale!

turbo monte 10-10-2017 11:16 PM

Don't have the patience to even wanna try fixing it. I know if I fix it I won't sell. Best to call quits now. Sell as is and if it don't sell then partout

ZIPPY02 10-11-2017 07:32 AM

Well isn't this the way of things on our builds. Money money money. I fear I'm not far behind you should my next major failure happen anytime soon after I get my car back from the shop. Putting almost 20K into it now and to have something major happen after that would be awful.

So sorry for this to happen to you John, you have went to extraordinary lengths building your one off Mont Carlo SS to have this happen is a heartbreaker, one of many we go through.

It is said nothing is forever, it would be nice to have someone buy your Monte and keep it whole, parting it out would be weird, to see your build come apart piece by piece. I think if I was doing this I would want to take a sledge hammer to mine and beat the living daylights out of it and be yelling at it the whole time... "you Bi*@h after all I have done for you and this is how you want to play, well okay, wham wham wham, LOL"

Should you actually end up parting it out I want to have 1st dibs on your GMR Torsen diff and other GMR tranny parts and the engine chain.

God bless and I will have a drink for the Turbo Monte tonight, she is the most wicked bad ass 6th gen alive, well bruised, but she can live again...

wht02monte 10-11-2017 07:58 AM

Wow.. I dont know what to say other than sorry sht went down like that for ya..

turbo monte 10-11-2017 05:35 PM

Appreciate the kind words. Zippy, if I part out I will reach out to you about the trans. Just so you know the trans will be sold complete though with the gmr parts installed. I will not be taking the trans apart.

turbo monte 11-20-2017 06:55 AM

Bump, $15,000 come get her!

Mac7504 11-20-2017 02:35 PM

Damn... I hope you still stop by and check on us from time-to-time after all this is said and done.

Makes me want to re-think the turbo thing and just go with a standard top swap or SS kit.
I'm just about to update my thread with my Wilwood brake project (I completely redid everything). Could have gotten a nice trans or turbo kit for what I dopped but the brake system really needed an overhaul.

Sad to see this car go, I really hope it goes to the right person.