Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint/Body Work/Exterior (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/paint-body-work-exterior-32/)
-   -   Want to "touch up" wheels. Where do I get a paint pen, or paint for them? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/paint-body-work-exterior-32/want-touch-up-wheels-where-do-i-get-paint-pen-paint-them-54431/)

Mcvfd12 09-23-2015 05:32 PM

Want to "touch up" wheels. Where do I get a paint pen, or paint for them?

Bought a 2001 torch red monte carlo ss. The paint is in decent shape after I ran some megs 201 and 101 over it and waxed it. I bought the car for a work car, but i'm anal about my vehicles. The wheels are the typical stock ss wheels in silver. They're pitted and nasty from wheel weights over the years and just general lack of maintenance. I'm looking for some kind of touch up paint for it (preferably off amazon) but i'm not sure where to start at. I don't think there's a color on my rpo tag or anywhere for wheel color? Can someone help point me in the right direction?

drivernumber3 09-23-2015 09:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Mcvfd12 (Post 673107)
Bought a 2001 torch red monte carlo ss. The paint is in decent shape after I ran some megs 201 and 101 over it and waxed it. I bought the car for a work car, but i'm anal about my vehicles. The wheels are the typical stock ss wheels in silver. They're pitted and nasty from wheel weights over the years and just general lack of maintenance. I'm looking for some kind of touch up paint for it (preferably off amazon) but i'm not sure where to start at. I don't think there's a color on my rpo tag or anywhere for wheel color? Can someone help point me in the right direction?

You might have this style of wheel, if so and you want to retain the same look, you may not want to put paint on it. The wheel has a coat of clear on it and you can remove that with Acetone or finger nail polish remover. once you do that. you can polish up the wheel to its natural look. you can use a buffer to clean it up polish out the area that had the wheel weights. Once done you can re-clear the wheel and it should be good to go for awhile. Takes a little work but the results are great.

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/at...-dscf7204a.jpg

Mcvfd12 09-24-2015 05:38 AM

That wheel looks very good. I'm afraid mine are in pretty bad shape though, there is no buffing them out at this point. I'll try and get pictures tonight. Can anyone recommend a paint for these?

rexdews 09-28-2015 10:20 PM

Posting some pics will definitely allow others to provide better recommendations. Anyways, try to look at silver/argent paint. That can be the closest tone to your rims.

Mcvfd12 09-29-2015 08:43 PM

Can't figure out how to attach a picture unless it's on a new thread...

P343 09-29-2015 09:00 PM

You click below "Go advanced"
Scroll down to "Manage attachments"
Select a file to upload by using browse
Upload the pic by clicking "Upload" then close thatlittle window
Now just above "manage attachments" you will see a linkwith the name of your uploaded pic
right click on that link and choose "Copy shortcut"
in the tool bar above you will see this button

click this button
right click in that space and select"paste" then hit OK
That will put your little attachment into your post as a largerpicture.
Hope this helps

Mcvfd12 09-30-2015 06:54 AM

Scroll down to "Manage attachments"
I don't have that option here apparently. I have additional options and that's it. Nowhere to upload a picture or any attachment, is that something to do with me only having a few posts or something?

P343 09-30-2015 07:26 AM

oops forgot to look at your post count.
That manage attachments will show up when you have 10 or more posts. It is one of the limitations of being a new member.
Sorry about that. Once you reach that milestone, it should automatically show up.

Mcvfd12 09-30-2015 07:28 AM

Alright. So it's the same wheel as in the picture, just oxidized and chipped and beat up. Just want to cover some of the dark areas with some kind of touch up paint or something... Any advice where to go for that?

Mcvfd12 10-14-2015 08:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go.... any help?