Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint/Body Work/Exterior (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/paint-body-work-exterior-32/)
-   -   Suggestions Please (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/paint-body-work-exterior-32/suggestions-please-29214/)

Mike 00LS 06-27-2011 05:33 PM

Suggestions Please

2 Attachment(s)
So - flashing back to older Monte's (I'm thinking of a '79 my uncle has) and it has the script "Monte Carlo" as well as the night shield clipped on the hood and there's one on the trunk. My trunk is de-badged but I want to re-add the script to the back and then a knight badge instead of a Chevy logo.

Where I'd like some suggestions is I'm thinking about putting 2 Monte script emblems on the sides (but not the large ones and not behind the door like factory).

I'm thinking of putting them on the front quarter. What do you think?
Attachment 6386Attachment 6385

BigPana 06-27-2011 05:40 PM

I feel the knight would be sharp on the rear ! I would pass on the script on the front quaters.

Tadcaster 06-27-2011 05:41 PM

I pesonally would vote no on the script ..But you are the one driving it and a car has to be personalized to the driver's taste.

Leave the Chevy logo and add the Knight shield in the lower right corner of the trunk

zjerry 06-27-2011 05:52 PM

No script "Monte Carlo" on front fenders.,Just add the Knight shield in the lower right corner of the trunk ..

lougreen03 06-27-2011 06:41 PM

There off just keep em off.

werewolf-odst 06-27-2011 06:47 PM

i would also pass on the script, if it was my car, but it is your car. but i will do the knight emblem on the trunk, but on mine, i am going with the knight where the chevy emblem is to be, and the intimidator decal under it along the bottom!!

Tadcaster 06-27-2011 07:12 PM

Thniking of removing my GM squares on fron lower fender and adding the Knight shield instead...Some one else mentioned his in another thread I thought it was a good idea.

Franks 03SS 06-27-2011 07:26 PM

stay de-badged :cool:

Space 06-28-2011 07:30 AM

Hi `Mike,
I like the debadged look, but it's your Monte Carlo & the one that see's it the most...It's great to find out what other's think, but you are the one in control :D

Let us know what you decide....It is a Chevrolet Monte Carlo or was one.....It's now your ride & you can do anything you want to `do 2 it ~> Make it `Yours :congrats:

:cool: Hey, what type of car is that ?
:D. It's my Car
It was made by Chevrolet & they called it a Monte Carlo, but now it's all mine : ) & I'll call it what I want 2 :eek::D 4-Sure :)

The_Maniac 06-28-2011 07:43 AM

I personally like the script where GM used it on the lower part of the rear quarters (but in '04 they left the script off on mine). Just my taste.

I like the knights crest and find it interesting how some of the older Montes had the crest all over the car and now, next to no where or NOT at all. Hence part of the reason I am leaving my crest on the front nose. Since I don't think you have an SS model, the crest might look sharp next to the Monte Carlo script, again, I'm thinking lower rear quarters.

Not a fan of it on the fenders...