Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint/Body Work/Exterior (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/paint-body-work-exterior-32/)
-   -   ss wannabe (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/paint-body-work-exterior-32/ss-wannabe-16785/)

02silverbullet 10-26-2009 07:10 PM

ss wannabe

I have an 02 mc ls and I want to get the ss body kit (side skirts and underside of front and rear bumper). I have looked quite a bit. any suggestions for a relatively inexpensive make over for my monte?

Frosty LS1 10-26-2009 09:03 PM

www.gmperformanceparts.com

www.pfyc.com

They don't come cheap.

SpinEm_90 10-26-2009 09:06 PM

yeah no body kit is inexpensive bcuz i looked for a new cheap one a while ago and i couldnt find any really good looking ones for less then $700. i would just keep your eye on ebay if you wanna find a good deal ya know.

oh and btw you posted this in the wrong section lol but its all good =D

Frosty LS1 10-26-2009 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90 (Post 172579)
oh and btw you posted this in the wrong section lol but its all good =D

Maybe I'm missing something, but this is the "Paint,Body work & Exterior" section, the ground effects kit is "Exterior" work I thought, where else would he post it?

monte carlo 3831 10-26-2009 09:18 PM

i just read that and thought the exact same thing???

RocknSS04 10-26-2009 09:32 PM

There are several, and several dealers. Razzi is one of the most popular ones. Here's one:

http://www.bodykits.com/Chevy/Monte-...ons/Body-Kits/

1FastMonteCarloLT 10-26-2009 09:48 PM

I was looking into Razzi myself. They have great looking body kits so that's who I'm probably going to go with in Feb.

(Btw - Where else would he post? lol)

Frosty LS1 10-26-2009 09:50 PM

The Razzi Kit would make me terrified of speed bumps.

monte carlo 3831 10-26-2009 09:54 PM

has anyone checked this place out?? i was looking for a CAI for my car and someone suggested this place? might help?

http://www.mpd-inc.net/

SpinEm_90 10-26-2009 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Quatermain N/A SS (Post 172587)
Maybe I'm missing something, but this is the "Paint,Body work & Exterior" section, the ground effects kit is "Exterior" work I thought, where else would he post it?

um bcuz when i first saw the thread it was in the "forum suggestion" section thank you very much. geez i'm not that dumb.

jarheadbobandmax 10-27-2009 12:03 AM

Keep your eyes wide open the last two weeks in December thru January......very slow season for the aftermarket and the dealers are scrambling to unload old and overstock so as not to carry the inventory into the new year when new product is hitting the market. you will see these kits being dumped on ebay at half price and don't linger if the listing states a qyt of three with 20 day period, they will dump the add when those three are gone even if its day one. My Full F1 kit sold for $735 and I grabbed it for $325 shipped... body kit primer,paint,clear all under a grand......

MAMONTE 10-27-2009 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831 (Post 172598)
has anyone checked this place out?? i was looking for a CAI for my car and someone suggested this place? might help?

http://www.mpd-inc.net/

IMO the customer service from MPD, Inc. sucks. Plus he charges more for the intake then Cold Air Inductions does.

I would buy it directly from www.coldairinductions.com and eliminate the middle man, and save yourself a few bucks.

BTW, it is a great intake, I am very happy with it. The customer support at Cold Air Inductions is awesome too.

ChibiBlackSheep 10-27-2009 08:32 AM

I think he meant to use that site for other items, not just the CAI since they always sell other pieces for cars ;)

IMO any body kit is going to be expensive, and not ALL SS's had that body kit (ahem my car) so really all you need is the 3.8 to be an SS wannabe ;)

What's a body kit anyway, besides some extra material making your car heavier? Not great for the racing haha (I kid I kid, it's just my jealousy that it wasn't available from the factory in '00)

Frosty LS1 10-27-2009 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90 (Post 172612)
um bcuz when i first saw the thread it was in the "forum suggestion" section thank you very much. geez i'm not that dumb.

Wasn't trying to be rude, I just saw that it's currently inside the "Paint, Bodwy Work & Exterior" section, so your post seemed out of place.

SpinEm_90 10-27-2009 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Quatermain N/A SS (Post 172772)
Wasn't trying to be rude, I just saw that it's currently inside the "Paint, Bodwy Work & Exterior" section, so your post seemed out of place.

nahh i'm sorry. i shouldn't have snapped like that. i was just having a hell of a night (refer to the vent/rant thread) so yeah i apologize for getting snippy at you, i was totally in the wrong there. but yeah apparently someone moved the thread bcuz i could have swore when i first saw the thread that it was in the forum section but its whatever now.

ChibiBlackSheep 10-27-2009 02:15 PM

Those mods and their ability to move things so sneakily...

SpinEm_90 10-27-2009 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep (Post 172780)
Those mods and their ability to move things so sneakily...

ha i know right. y'all are getting me all sorts of confused! lol

werewolf-odst 10-28-2009 06:20 PM

try Andysautosport.com they got body kits that are marked down like crazy.

i am going with extream demensions. on their site they are giving away free body kits for monte carlos. but you have to let them use your car for a month or so they can test it out. i woulsd not recommend that.

[ oh and the forum thing.....lmao, funnie.....somebody was going to get hurt. lol =]]

2003supersport 10-29-2009 01:12 AM

if your just lookin for stock SS body kit you can get it at gmpartsdirect.com painted or primered.

nemesis 10-30-2009 09:23 PM

imo and 90% of members here would recommend oem ss high sport ground effect. they look better than any after market b-kits. i did had razzi kit i just didn't like how the side rocker pieces look..kinda ricey to me. just keep looking on craigslist or junk yard i'm sure eventually you get lucky and will find a set.

jarheadbobandmax 10-31-2009 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by silverbullitt (Post 173631)
imo and 90% of members here would recommend oem ss high sport ground effect. they look better than any after market b-kits. i did had razzi kit i just didn't like how the side rocker pieces look..kinda ricey to me. just keep looking on craigslist or junk yard i'm sure eventually you get lucky and will find a set.

IMO 90% may be a little high there silver.... don't you have a high sport kit for sale? Now if you are looking to build a clone the original factory equip is really the only way to go. either way with or with-out a body kit or ground effects the Monte still looks sweet. Take a look at many of the rides from silvers to mr.burns and awsomes ss and there are others with after market kits from razzi's/ F1 and more before you settle... the body kits can be laborsome to fit and require prime/fill and a bit of sanding before final prime and paint, clear. where adding the oem high sport kit is a bolt on. whatever you decide we will all be around to give advise and opinions.....Jarhead :D

nemesis 10-31-2009 08:25 PM

ok my bad 69% lol

omegaj9 02-09-2010 10:59 AM

www.gmpartsdepartment.com
I want to do the same thing with my 07 LT. I want the oem style SS kit so I gotta buy it piece by piece from GM. Like everyone else is saying those suckers don't come cheap