Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint/Body Work/Exterior (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/paint-body-work-exterior-32/)
-   -   6th Gen ('00-'05): SLP Grille (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/paint-body-work-exterior-32/slp-grille-58427/)

Josh01LS 06-04-2017 01:23 PM

SLP Grille

Hi Everyone, this is my first post on the forums. Im having a very difficult time finding an SLP grille for my monte. It's like they never existed :rotfl: I've checked everywhere I can think of but nothing is turning up. If anyone can help me locate one that would be awesome or if anyone here is selling one let me know!

drivernumber3 06-04-2017 04:01 PM

about a month ago I saw some one had one on Facebook on a Monte Carlo site. I am sure it is gone by now but it might be something to check on.
The are rare now when they were fairly common they were reasonable also. Good luck.

Josh01LS 06-04-2017 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by drivernumber3 (Post 703700)
about a month ago I saw some one had one on Facebook on a Monte Carlo site. I am sure it is gone by now but it might be something to check on.
The are rare now when they were fairly common they were reasonable also. Good luck.

Thanks man, yeah it seems like even in 2012/13 they were pretty easy to find, now they're nowhere haha. Good idea about the Facebook group, I'll look into that.

ZIPPY02 06-04-2017 06:18 PM

You need to be vigilant, they rarely show up for sale. The grille has been brought up a few times in the last couple of months and it is always the same, none to be had. Looked into having some 3D printed and the cost per item was seemingly astronomical. $20,000 for a mold.:eek:

Josh01LS 06-04-2017 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02 (Post 703705)
You need to be vigilant, they rarely show up for sale. The grille has been brought up a few times in the last couple of months and it is always the same, none to be had. Looked into having some 3D printed and the cost per item was seemingly astronomical. $20,000 for a mold.:eek:

yeah I've seen some of the other posts, including yours. Btw I love your car man! Watched all your YouTube videos about it and showed other people too. Your car mods look wise are about exactly what i want my car to look like. Do you mind telling me about the sparco seats and your custom louvers? Like how you got them to fit and how you got the louvers made?

ChibiBlackSheep 06-05-2017 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Josh01LS (Post 703703)
Thanks man, yeah it seems like even in 2012/13 they were pretty easy to find, now they're nowhere haha

That's because they've been discontinued, so the only thing you can buy is leftover stock or someone selling used.

DAVESS2002 10-13-2017 11:28 AM

I have a new unused SLP grille I bought a few years back for my 2003 but never installed it. It has the LSX badge and a red SS badge I bought separately. Not sure if I want to use it on my Dale Jr. as that would take away from the collectibility I think. What are they going for now? I might list it on eBay.
Dave

wht02monte 10-13-2017 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by DAVESS2002 (Post 706902)
I have a new unused SLP grille I bought a few years back for my 2003 but never installed it. It has the LSX badge and a red SS badge I bought separately. Not sure if I want to use it on my Dale Jr. as that would take away from the collectibility I think. What are they going for now? I might list it on eBay.
Dave

It would be bought up here in a heartbeat man... Let me know if you decide to sell it please!!

DAVESS2002 10-13-2017 02:42 PM

Will do. Would rather sell it to someone on here but don't want to give it away either, just looking to get a fair market value price.

ZIPPY02 10-14-2017 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by DAVESS2002 (Post 706908)
Will do. Would rather sell it to someone on here but don't want to give it away either, just looking to get a fair market value price.

Fair market price, what ever happened to the Monte Carlo forum buddy deals.

I think a fair price is in the $100 range...:cool: