Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint/Body Work/Exterior (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/paint-body-work-exterior-32/)
-   -   6th Gen ('00-'05): Quad-Beam Retrofit (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/paint-body-work-exterior-32/quad-beam-retrofit-57162/)

darkmage1991 10-01-2016 10:17 PM

Quad-Beam Retrofit

6 Attachment(s)
i completed my quad beam retrofit a few weeks ago along with rewiring my headlights and adding a new headlight switch that controls lows and highs instead of using the prone to failure maltifunction switch, the auto-headlights still function normally too :)

only pictures i have right now are night shots, tomorrow i will take some day shots and maybe a vid showing the auto-headlights working and the headlight switch.

ok first. heres some output shots, sorry no before pics.
here is low beam"
Attachment 19813
high beam:
Attachment 19814

heres some pics of the front low beams on, exposure has been turned down to try capture more.

Attachment 19815
Attachment 19816
Attachment 19817

this one has the exposure a little higher.
Attachment 19818
again ill post more tomorrow of day shots.

darkmage1991 10-01-2016 10:40 PM

7 Attachment(s)
heres some pics of the build process.

first thing you must do is take apart the headlight lenses using the oven or heat gun, instructions for this are all over the internet so i wont go into detail.

now after they are open you must do some modifications on the reflector before you can mount the projector in the housing.
So take a phillips screw driver and remove the metal headlight mounting thing on the back of the reflector pictured:
Attachment 19806

now with that off take a dremel and remove all the little tabs on the housing like in these-
BEFORE
Attachment 19807
AFTER
Attachment 19808

now your done with the back of the reflector, now you must remove the front tabs on the bowl of the reflector, again some before and after shots.

BEFORE
Attachment 19809
AFTER
Attachment 19810

Attachment 19811

Attachment 19812

now after those tabs are removed you need to clean them up real good. i just took mine to the sink and scrubbed them down.

the next part is optional but i then painted my reflectors and shrouds black using high heat gloss paint. after that put the projectors throw the hole like you would normally on a retrofit and tighten the nut finger tight.
Now with the lights mount them back onto the car then you need either a garage or wait until nighttime and park infront of a wall, now you rotate and aim the projectors to get the cutoff as close to perfect as possible tightening the nuts on the back of the projectors as you get them aimed.
after i had mine to where i thought they were the best i could get them and the nuts tightened down the best i could i used some jb weld on the nuts to prevent them from ever rotating in the housing cause you dont want that too happen.

after thats done you can now put your headlights back together(again i wont go into detail on this, this info is all over the net) and mount them on the car permanently and enjoy your new improved headlights :)

NOTE: THIS REQUIRES THAT YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE DRIVING LIGHTS AS YOU CANT USE HIDS WITH DRL ACTIVE AS THAT WILL BURN OUT THE BALLASTS RUNNING THEM AT REDUCED VOLTAGE!

turbo monte 10-05-2016 01:13 AM

Wanna do a set for me :)

I also want blue demon eyes ;)

Erik Johnson 10-05-2016 12:06 PM

Turbo sheesh man, always getting those upgrades? xD more upgrades = the better monte I would like to know how much you are willing to sell a set for me as well?

nitehawkjcb 10-05-2016 10:39 PM

Wow those are some nice lights

The_Maniac 10-07-2016 09:31 AM

Very nice and VERY custom! What do they look like during the day with the headlights off?

darkmage1991 10-08-2016 04:11 PM

sorry forgot to post the pics of day shots. im gonna upload them now along with a short vid showing the autolights working.

darkmage1991 10-08-2016 04:26 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Attachment 19782

Attachment 19783

Attachment 19784

Attachment 19785

sorry its hard to get good shots... the camera seems to pick up the reflections really bad makes it hard to actually see the lights. i might try taking them again towards dawn where the lighting isnt so harsh but its still visible.

and heres a short vid of how the lights function and auto lights.

sorry not much of a video, i might remake that one at night so you can actually see the lights turning off and on.

darkmage1991 10-08-2016 04:30 PM

oh man.... after posting them i noticed the pictures really show how nasty the car is. sorry about that i drive 60 miles everyday for work so the car is pretty nasty.

darkmage1991 10-08-2016 10:14 PM

ok i redid the video with me explaining some stuff i did and showing the lights working.

oh and

Originally Posted by The_Maniac (Post 696110)
Very nice and VERY custom! What do they look like during the day with the headlights off?

Did it, they the best i could do for now.

Originally Posted by turbo monte (Post 696033)
Wanna do a set for me :)

I also want blue demon eyes ;)

sorry i cant make them for anyone else. not that i cant just wont, there is alot of work put into them and even mine are not perfect i wouldnt be able to get them perfect to feel good about selling them.

Originally Posted by Erik Johnson (Post 696045)
Turbo sheesh man, always getting those upgrades? xD more upgrades = the better monte I would like to know how much you are willing to sell a set for me as well?

same as above i cant sell any, just wouldnt feel good about it.