Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Playing w/ headlights, more exterior, & interior ... photos

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 06:36 PM

I just ordered my LED Reverse bulbs.. Looks nice bro..

Old 12-15-2011, 08:46 AM

love the inside LED'S i wanna do that to mine, where did you get the led's from??

Old 12-16-2011, 06:50 AM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

@t.s.b.: Thank you very much, Sir ... or Ma'am.

I had originally tried just getting by with some "cheaper" stuff at Autozone, & even on eBay, but that is exactly what I got .... cheap stuff --- where the fixture(s) end(s) would either break from being sooo damn brittle (cheap plastic), or the wire contacts were so thin & off-kilter that they, too, would break off, or would get all twisted & pull out if they were not seated correctly the first time, & had to be pulled back out & re-seated.

So I started reading reviews & joined a car audio & modding forum, etc., & found LED Lights, Bulbs & Accessories - SUPER BRIGHT LEDS.

They have BOTH inexpensive LEDs, & high-end stuff, & I have used some of them all for all sorts of applications, but I stand firm in saying that each one stands tall next to the other in terms of their workmanship. Any & all LEDs you see on/in the car are from SuperBright.

There are a few threads that I have created here with my lights, etc., ... Peep them out, & if you have anymore questions, please ask. If there is a particular LED you want to know that I used, ask, I will send the exact link ...

Old 12-16-2011, 07:54 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Lookin' good, Zeke!

Old 12-16-2011, 08:17 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Lights look great - love the turn signal/parking lights!

Old 12-16-2011, 11:18 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Zeke
Any ones in particular, Tadd?
All of em!

Old 12-16-2011, 12:34 PM

I had originally tried just getting by with some "cheaper" stuff at Autozone, & even on eBay, but that is exactly what I got .... cheap stuff --- where the fixture(s) end(s) would either break from being sooo damn brittle (cheap plastic), or the wire contacts were so thin & off-kilter that they, too, would break off, or would get all twisted & pull out if they were not seated correctly the first time, & had to be pulled back out & re-seated.

So I started reading reviews & joined a car audio & modding forum, etc., & found LED Lights, Bulbs & Accessories - SUPER BRIGHT LEDS.

They have BOTH inexpensive LEDs, & high-end stuff, & I have used some of them all for all sorts of applications, but I stand firm in saying that each one stands tall next to the other in terms of their workmanship. Any & all LEDs you see on/in the car are from SuperBright.

There are a few threads that I have created here with my lights, etc., ... Peep them out, & if you have anymore questions, please ask. If there is a particular LED you want to know that I used, ask, I will send the exact link ...

the ones you have on yours will be great, is their any like replacement bulbs that are LED'S like the stock ones that come on, or just like the ones you have.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:35 PM

thanks the link is perfect!!!

Old 12-17-2011, 10:14 AM

For the time being, I simply slotted LEDs into the STOCK #194 locations. I use ONE, 12-LED *blue* fixture per side. They make single, 4-, 6-, 9-, & 12-LED fixturess ... that ALL have the same end - 100% capable of sliding perfectly into a #194 socket, even though they are categorized as being #921s - ZERO modifications necessary whatsoever ----> (T13 & 921 Wedge Base bulbs Specifications).

Same deal with the rearview mirror map lights ... only those I am using ONE, 5-LED *cool white* fixture per side, right in the stock location ----> (High Power SMD WLED-xHP5 (194 type) 360 degree Wedge Base bulbs Specifications).

In reference to the dome light, those are referred to as "festoon" bulbs/lights. I use ONE, 30-degree *blue* festoon LED ... from the same line of LEDs that are mounted above the floorboards, ... so the *blue* interior LEDs are a spot-on match, along with the exterior rear reverse warning lights ... those are, as well, 12-LED *blue* #921s ----> (4410-x9 Festoon Bulb Specifications).

Over the winter here, I am going to be doing some other changes so I can have BOTH sensible *cool white* LEDs down in the foot wells, & the *blue* LEDs, too. Probably just get the same #194 sockets out of the junk yard, & wire them up on a switch, ... Then when I open the door, I will have the customary white/clear *cool white* 12-LED courtesy lights in the normal locations, then once inside, out of sight, I can flick the tiniest of rocker switches, & turn on the blue LEDs, mounted right next to them, anytime I want.

Last edited by Zeke; 12-17-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:20 AM

The following pictures are the front LEDs I run for marker/parking/turn signal(s). Obviously *amber*, & they have 45 SMD LEDs in each fixture, 9 front-facing, & 36 side-facing --- hexagonal shaped w/ 6 LEDs on each "side" ----> (45-LED Tower Type 3157 Bulb Specifications).

I also run these same LEDs out back for marker/parking/brake/turn signal(s), only the *red* versions of them, & they are extermely bright!

Therefore, for my vehicle, & stock its lenses, I have TWO *ambers* up front, & FOUR *reds* out back ...

I have yet to take any pictures of the back ones because it is hard to do with the lens being the same color as the LEDs, but I have some ideas ... Therefore, pictures of the taillights in this thread, or other threads I have posted so far are NOT with the new 45-LED units, they are with some older 13-LED bulbs I have had for years - just as an FYI.

Both taken at night, on with flash, one without ...

Last edited by Zeke; 12-17-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Playing w/ headlights, more exterior, & interior ... photos