Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Plate Filler and Show and Go

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 03:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Nice! I like the SS on the front

Old 08-11-2012, 12:50 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[QUOTE=MeanShwaMonte;477512]Hey guys so my plate filler showed up the other day big thanks to gotit4cheap plate filler came in great condition preped it and painted it colour matched lotss of clear coat to get it as glossy and installed my show and go license plate frame, will update in a couple days I have a black SS logo being made up that I'm going to put on the plate filler can't wait to see the final results ,
Also guys opinion on if you think I should get the tony stewrt upper grille? Think it would fit my car? I would plan on putting a red ss emblem on it I have extras, thanks guys jeff QUOTE]

The Upper grill I think is a MUST HAVE ! Car doesn't look complete without it.. Do it , mine are done.. Love the way you painted the lower black, will do that on my Red one as well.. Good lookin car.. Mjclemm

Old 08-14-2012, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by MeanShwaMonte
Hey guys so my plate filler showed up the other day big thanks to gotit4cheap plate filler came in great condition preped it and painted it colour matched lotss of clear coat to get it as glossy and installed my show and go license plate frame, will update in a couple days I have a black SS logo being made up that I'm going to put on the plate filler can't wait to see the final results ,
Also guys opinion on if you think I should get the tony stewrt upper grille? Think it would fit my car? I would plan on putting a red ss emblem on it I have extras, thanks guys jeff
As per the show and go license plate holder, did you have problems mounting it with the high sport lip? seems as if the lip would make it harder to install. Im planning on doing the same thing to my monte so any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!

Old 08-14-2012, 04:46 AM

Thanks a lot guys glad you like it and yea witht he angle of our lip kits its makes it a little harder to mount just have to keep test fitting to make it come out enough at a 90 degree angle then once it tucks under it still will have little bit of the corner underneath vuisible due to the angle I could take some pics of the underside its still easy to mount tho and I made a little steel clip to hold it tight against the front bumper while driving no rattle

Old 08-14-2012, 07:03 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Can you take a pic of the steel clip you made? I'm having a problem with the plate not staying upright when I'm driving- I guess it's due to the force. I need to find a fix for it.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:46 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I didn't have a problem mounting it to my 05 Monte's front lip but I had a heck of a time mounting it on my Stang.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Looks great man !!

Old 08-18-2012, 09:11 PM

Hey guys so finally got it all done got my grille in the mail mounted it on let me know what you guys think I'm always one for bein original give some opinions I remounted the knightcrest back over the grille I personally love it couldn't lose it off the front.

And as for the show and go plate clip as you can see I also have a metal plate frame so I drilled a hole through my frame, plate, and the show and go mount a Inch long screw with a wingnut and to make the clip I used triple strength glavanized steel ribbon it may look thin but this stuff is strong and its perfect angle I don't scratch my paint at all and it holds it very tight against the car no movement at all thanks guys!

Old 08-19-2012, 03:26 AM

I love the look of the upper and lower grill.. The licence plate I'm not to fond of. I don't run one (I live in Wisconsin and should run one, my time is ticking of coarse). But would look a ton better with a "Stow a way" plate holder. It comes in either Remote Control or manual. The remote one on eBay goes from $90-$110, the manual one is much cheaper.. Nice thing is it stows away when you are parked, and comes out when you are driving so you don't get a ticket. I am getting one for the front as well as the rear.. I'll post pics as soon as I get them from the bay.. All n all.. Love the look.. (except plate as explained). Mjclemm...

Old 08-19-2012, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by MJClemm
I love the look of the upper and lower grill.. The licence plate I'm not to fond of. I don't run one (I live in Wisconsin and should run one, my time is ticking of coarse). But would look a ton better with a "Stow a way" plate holder. It comes in either Remote Control or manual. The remote one on eBay goes from $90-$110, the manual one is much cheaper.. Nice thing is it stows away when you are parked, and comes out when you are driving so you don't get a ticket. I am getting one for the front as well as the rear.. I'll post pics as soon as I get them from the bay.. All n all.. Love the look.. (except plate as explained). Mjclemm...

what stow away plate holder are you talking about? it seems pretty cool

Quick Reply: Plate Filler and Show and Go