Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint/Body Work/Exterior (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/paint-body-work-exterior-32/)
-   -   Pic's: Now have "Custom" 6th Gen. headlights (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/paint-body-work-exterior-32/pics-now-have-custom-6th-gen-headlights-59506/)

ZIPPY02 03-21-2018 07:19 PM

Pic's: Now have "Custom" 6th Gen. headlights

6 Attachment(s)
I felt the Montes front end needed freshened up and I thought well the headlights could be the ticket.

eBay once again has the blacked out 6th Gen lights with the clear corners. So if you have been wanting a set you should move on them as the DOT may once again render them illegal without the amber corner lense.

Anyway I purchased a new set of these lights and used them as the base platform to build from. Had a local car guru build these for me.

The normal bake them at 225 degrees etc. to open them will NOT work with these. They have some type of epoxy sealant attaching the lense to the body, and we ended up cutting them open from the rear with a Dremel to be able to access the insides for modifying.

So we did the "Demon Eyes", Amber "Halo Ring" for a turn signal like the Porsche. Did the "Turbine" projector (kind of looks like a turbo turbine), Had the lense etched with a "Tribal" image, (look at pic. 5 up close, on the light bulbs glass face is the tribal etching). And then finally I had the idea that I loved the newer Mustangs vertical LED strips, so I wanted that copied too. They are the favorite part of the new assembly to me, look sick!. And of course the whole assembly is "Blue Tooth" connected and have an app that lets me choose over 8000 color combinations. Just got the car back this morning from the installer, still learning how to control the colors etc. Over 24 different connections had to be made and soldered into place. Each vertical LED has it's own driver, the Demon Eyes, own drivers, BT controller etc. etc. etc.

I added a photo of the actual Mustang headlight style I wanted to mimic.

I think this was a needed modification to jump up the game a few notches. Autorama compelled me to do this, just wanted some over the top headlight mod. What do you all think, love em, hate em... :eek::cool::nono::wtf:

Jeffs02rwdSS 03-21-2018 07:48 PM

Looks good buddy, not that 560 hp doesn't make a statement. How much time do you have in making them ?

ZIPPY02 03-21-2018 09:18 PM

Thanks friend, they seem pretty trick. I can make the LED's Red and Blue strobe and chase down the bad guys, Mad Max style... :drivin:

There are 14 man hours into them and a few $ of parts... :eek:

drivernumber3 03-22-2018 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02 (Post 710130)
I felt the Montes front end needed freshened up and I thought well the headlights could be the ticket.

eBay once again has the blacked out 6th Gen lights with the clear corners. So if you have been wanting a set you should move on them as the DOT may once again render them illegal without the amber corner lense.

Anyway I purchased a new set of these lights and used them as the base platform to build from. Had a local car guru build these for me.

The normal bake them at 225 degrees etc. to open them will NOT work with these. They have some type of epoxy sealant attaching the lense to the body, and we ended up cutting them open from the rear with a Dremel to be able to access the insides for modifying.

So we did the "Demon Eyes", Amber "Halo Ring" for a turn signal like the Porsche. Did the "Turbine" projector (kind of looks like a turbo turbine), Had the lense etched with a "Tribal" image, (look at pic. 5 up close, on the light bulbs glass face is the tribal etching). And then finally I had the idea that I loved the newer Mustangs vertical LED strips, so I wanted that copied too. They are the favorite part of the new assembly to me, look sick!. And of course the whole assembly is "Blue Tooth" connected and have an app that lets me choose over 8000 color combinations. Just got the car back this morning from the installer, still learning how to control the colors etc. Over 24 different connections had to be made and soldered into place. Each vertical LED has it's own driver, the Demon Eyes, own drivers, BT controller etc. etc. etc.

I think this was a needed modification to jump up the game a few notches. Autorama compelled me to do this, just wanted some over the top headlight mod. What do you all think, love em, hate em... :eek::cool::nono::wtf:

8000 Color combinations :wtf: Wow, lets do # 6791 just for Sh*ts and giggles........:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: They are real BA :congrats:now did you do the tail lights too?
I think they may not want these out on the road because of the folks trying to be fake Cops and stopping people on the roads. Just guessing :wtf:

Herman Munster 03-23-2018 08:25 AM

Ya their trick , nice looking even LOL . Herman

Leprechaun93 03-23-2018 07:40 PM

That's awesome, i wish there was more options for the 6th gen as far as headlights.

phuntley 03-24-2018 07:12 PM

Love em...great work!

JuniorCar 03-25-2018 03:38 PM

The thing I really like is that someone is out there still innovating new things for these cars! That what I like the most. I think I like the lights. If I'm being completely honest, I don't think the linearity of the led design used suits the Monte headlight shape as well as the Mustangs. But I love the originality and I'm sure the functionality and the vividness of the lights would blow my mind in person .

This was an awesome project and thanks for sharing!

turbo monte 03-26-2018 06:42 AM

They look awesome! Great job Greg!

04l67 07-31-2018 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02 (Post 710130)

For sale?