Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint/Body Work/Exterior (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/paint-body-work-exterior-32/)
-   -   Need some opinions for painted engine cover (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/paint-body-work-exterior-32/need-some-opinions-painted-engine-cover-42614/)

iMuf 04-19-2013 04:38 PM

Need some opinions for painted engine cover

1 Attachment(s)
So I have been filler priming my engine cover now for about 3 days and I am sanding it down right now. Tomorrow I plan on doing some painting if it's nice out. But I need some ideas and opinions. I have the 2006 monte SSAttachment 32897

I was planning on doing something similar to this, except where it is black, I was going to do white and under where it says DOD where the raised lines are I was also going to do white. And then where the black is in the upper leftish where those 2 lines are, I was going to have those be red. and the only other thing I thought of was was on the upper portion on the left and right, you may be able to see those 8 slants on either on either side, I thought about doing those in white as well to make them pop a little more. Anyway, that was my idea. But I'm up for any opinions, if you guys think something else would look good. My car is victory red and I plan on painting my ground effects in white, which is why I went with this color scheme. But like I said, I'm up for any of you're opinions and ideas, Thanks guys.

Tadcaster 04-19-2013 05:06 PM

I really like it like the photo you posted. Wont white be hard to keep looking good?

I am assuming your car is victory red?

iMuf 04-19-2013 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tadcaster (Post 543993)
I really like it like the photo you posted. Wont white be hard to keep looking good?

I am assuming your car is victory red?

Yea it is victory red, and I was going to go with white since I plan on eventually having my ground effects painted white, thought it might look good if it matched. And I didn't even think about it not staying clean. That's a good point.

03JGMonte 04-19-2013 05:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's one I painted for a member on here, might give u a few ideas

Attachment 32896

iMuf 04-19-2013 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte (Post 544001)
Here's one I painted for a member on here, might give u a few ideas

Question for you, how did you go about sanding in between all of the letters and what not? Everything else is pretty easy to get but the letters look impossible haha

03JGMonte 04-19-2013 05:33 PM

I just folded sand paper and got inbetween em the best I could lol

iMuf 04-19-2013 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte (Post 544004)
I just folded sand paper and got inbetween em the best I could lol

It looks like it's going to be a pain haha

03JGMonte 04-19-2013 06:31 PM

Lol it will be

iMuf 04-19-2013 09:43 PM

Took a while. But I think I got it pretty well sanded down and ready to go. Can't wait to get some paint on it tomorrow.

iMuf 04-20-2013 07:04 PM

I have a question for you 03JGMonte, on the numbers and letters, did you just tape off around them really good and spray them, or did you use a brush?