Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Maaco???

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Default Maaco???

So I am thinking about getting a whole new coat of paint on my 96 monte, same color black, and my dad told me about how Maaco has a deal to paint a car for like $250.00, I wanted to know if anyone has any experience's with Maaco and if they are good or not? Thanks.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:32 PM

...U get what you pay for, but I've seen a few cars painted by Maaco @ their Cocoa, Florida Shop & they did a awesome job for the $. Below are a few reviews from your area. Also check back to see what our Paint Expert Member's Post.
Maaco Collision Repair & Auto Painting Auto Repair Shop Review ...

Research Auto Repair Shop Review for Maaco Collision Repair & Auto Painting of Papillion, Nebraska 68046 at Edmunds.com.
https://www.edmunds.com/.../Nebraska/.../MaacoCollisionRepairAutoPainting.../service.1.newOld.html - Cached - Similar
Maaco Auto Paint & Bodyworks Auto Repair Shop Review - Edmunds.com

Research Auto Repair Shop Review for Maaco Auto Paint & Bodyworks of Council Bluffs, Iowa 51501 at Edmunds.com.
https://www.edmunds.com/.../Nebraska/.../MAACOCollisionRepairAutoPainting.../service.1.newOld.ht... - Cached - Similar
Maaco - Omaha - Omaha, Nebraska, (402) 331-5350 | Browse, Rate ...

4505 South 84th Street , Omaha, Nebraska. (402) 331-5350. ... Reviews for Maaco - Omaha. Let others know what you think of Maaco - Omaha. Caps Lock is on. ...
www.localbodyshop.net/Nebraska/Maaco---Omaha-9874.html - Cached - Similar

Old 07-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I haven't ever heard of anything good by them. Usually it costs $250+ just to paint a quarter panel at most shops.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:44 PM

Yeah I read some review's I will never take my car to maaco if what i've read is true, I care for my car too much.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

$250 for a paint job is waaaaaaaayyyyy to cheap...you totally get what you pay for. They probably use a cheap one stage paint (meaning the clear coat is part of the paint) and do a quick wet sand just to rough up the old paint (therfore not removing the old paint completly, and getting ride of the old stuff...which means if your old stuff is peeling, the new stuff will start peeling again, or oxidation will work its way out again.) Plus I doubt they remove moldings, they probably just mask them, and spray...I bet it would look great when you pick up the car, but give it a few months, and you would be looking at a crappy paint job again...if you really want your car repainted, you will need some money to get it done right. It cost me about $400 bucks to have my spoiler and trunk lid painted...it was like $175 for the spoiler and $250 for the trunk lid, and that was the best price I could find around here....

Old 07-09-2009, 04:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

I do not recommed getting your car painted at Maaco. All they do is they mask off everything on the car that doest get painted, they dont take anything off. They give the car a quick scuff, clean it and spray it. Im sure that you can get either a single stage job or a basecoat/clearcoat job depending on what you pay. The job wont last but a few months if you drive it daily before it starts to fade/chip/peel.

Old 07-09-2009, 04:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Your better off getting a brush and using Rustoleum.

Old 07-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

don't go to maaco! my friend steph went there (despite my begging her not to) for one of those same specials. her car was white. now, it's seriously like off white and it's chipping really really badly. i wish i had a picture. it only took 3 months (or less?) to start peeling.

Old 07-09-2009, 04:59 PM

Yeah I decided that I'm just going to save up and get a real paint job from the shop that fix my rear quarter panel, because they did a great job and offer life time warranty's on all of their work for free.

Old 07-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Does Maaco offer any kind of warranty on their work?

Steph should storm in there and go crazy.

Quick Reply: Maaco???