Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint/Body Work/Exterior (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/paint-body-work-exterior-32/)
-   -   HID Headlights (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/paint-body-work-exterior-32/hid-headlights-27917/)

jstan12 05-03-2011 02:46 PM

HID Headlights

I'm looking for a HID conversion kit for my 2006 LTZ and I'm not sure what brand/model to get. I'm looking at the kits here. I don't really know a whole lot about HID kits so any input would be awesome.

red04montels 05-03-2011 03:29 PM

Are you looking to get just the bulbs or the whole headlight also? Without the projector housing you will have some glare that the other drivers will see. On the other hand, i haven't heard much good about the projectors for the 7th gen.

If you're looking for just the bulb i would look at ddmtuning.com they have a great price and warranty.

Low beam headlamp
H11

High beam headlamp
H9

Fog/Driving light
H11

There's what bulbs you will need depending on the bulbs you're getting. Most people recommend that you don't get the high beams because when you switch to the high beams you will go blind for a few seconds when they heat up, also with just the low beams you will have plenty of light output.

Hope this helps.

jstan12 05-03-2011 03:40 PM

Well, I would need the whole headlight (I think?) because everything about my headlights right now are stock.

I've been researching brighter bulbs like the Sylvania Starlight Ultra... Some people say they absolutely suck and they're so expensive you might as well get an HID kit, others say they love them. I'm not really sure if I'm better off investing the extra money in HID or just buying some brighter halogen bulbs. I'm really just looking for brighter/blueish light.

jstan12 05-03-2011 03:42 PM

Thanks for the link btw, those are a lot better prices than what I've been seeing.

SickParadox 05-03-2011 03:57 PM

I purchased high and lows from ddmtuning.com also for my 06 Monte SS. They were really easy to install and worked really well plus their prices are decent. If you want I can post pics of what I did to install them and what they look like.

jstan12 05-03-2011 04:00 PM

Yeah! That would be awesome. Along with those pics could you post the kit(s) that you bought? Also did you switch out the fog lights also? Thanks!

SickParadox 05-03-2011 04:05 PM

I didn't do my fog lights. I might do them later, I haven't decided. I will take some pics tonight after work and get them up for you.

red04montels 05-03-2011 06:31 PM

you wont need to replace your whole headlight for HIDs. Here's mine, crappy pictures from my phone but here's some videos too, the 2nd video doesn't do the brightness justice at all but you get the picture.

10000k Low Beams
8000k Fog Lights

Both DDM Tuning Kits

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...0_859745_n.jpg

My Videos.

Unboxing:

YouTube - DDM Tuning HID Kit Unboxing-red04montels-HD

Driving:

YouTube - Night Driving-red04montels-HD

Lights outside at night:

YouTube - All New Lights At Night-red04montels-HD

hope this helps.

jstan12 05-03-2011 06:48 PM

That looks pretty awesome. I can't wait to get some of these installed in my ride!

xxtheshockerxx 05-03-2011 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15 (Post 321597)
you wont need to replace your whole headlight for HIDs. Here's mine, crappy pictures from my phone but here's some videos too, the 2nd video doesn't do the brightness justice at all but you get the picture.

10000k Low Beams
8000k Fog Lights

Both DDM Tuning Kits

My Videos.

Unboxing:

YouTube - DDM Tuning HID Kit Unboxing-red04montels-HD

Driving:

YouTube - Night Driving-red04montels-HD

Lights outside at night:

YouTube - All New Lights At Night-red04montels-HD

hope this helps.

looks good...i want to get HIDs in my 2007. watched your video made me realize i miss the roar of my old 03 monte :(