Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Filler Plate Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 08:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm glad Michigan don't have this stupid law. If I were you I would see what the law says exactly. Maybe even talk to an attorney and get some advice of course the easy thing to do is pay the ticket and put the plate on the front. Then you can sell your plate filler to cover the ticket cost.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
I can maybe see it being OK if they've given you a warning in the past but f that man....Next up get the stow and go plate and leave it not displayed and when you have to go in for the hearing take a before and after pic and show the judge/magistrate the actual dated pics and let them know you had it all the time.......
I like the way you think... Not sure it would work, but I would def give it a try...

Old 06-27-2012, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
I've been busted in Ohio for no front plate on the Camaro, $80 fine!!
Wish me luck - Monday my car goes to the body shop to have my front fender fixed and my passenger door resprayed and he's going to spray my filler piece so I can get it on. Hopefully they don't bother me - but I have a feeling the troopers or the sheriffs will probably nab me for it.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:26 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

With the police anymore it is all about revenue, not public safety but law enforcement...money money money. Lucky here in Utah they never enforce the front plate thing. Have not had one on my Monte in 10 years and never a hassle from the popo....Knock on wood...

Old 07-09-2012, 06:31 PM

I run my "Bad Bowtie" front plate here in NY, & will not change, ... got a ticket while parked on a street in the City of Syracuse a few weeks ago while I was inside a jewelry store with my best friend spending $2,000+ on an engagement ring for his now fiance, & I spent $200 on something for my lady friend.

$35.00 fine, including surcharge, which is nothing more than a TAX.

Showed the proprietors of the business - they were friggin' livid because they have an understanding with the PD that folks parked where I was are patrons of there business, & it is appreciated if they are essentially "left alone".

Went downtown a few days later, paid in three quarter rolls, & five singles. Lady gave me a dirty look, I responded with, "It all spends the same.". Also got the name/address for the commissioner of the parking/ticket dept., & sent him a nice letter & copies of the receipts of the business we conducted in the city, & how many OTHER places there were to shop, but we came to downtown - to support it, cause no one hardly does anymore, & that I would not be back.

That is me, this is my arrogance to bear.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:07 PM

Wow! I never knew this was such an issue... I don't think we have that law here in Ga and I just picked up my filler plate from a junkyard today. Can't wait to prep it paint it and get it on!!!

Old 07-11-2012, 03:32 AM

The law(s) speak so far as to how many plates a given state supplies with each registered vehicle. If two are supplied, both must be affixed & visable to law enforcement, DOT, etc.

To Hell with 'em.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:54 AM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year

Here is an excerpt of Ohio Revised Code:
4503.21 Display of license plates and validation stickers or temporary license placard or windshield sticker.

(A) No person who is the owner or operator of a motor vehicle shall fail to display in plain view on the front and rear of the motor vehicle the distinctive number and registration mark, including any county identification sticker and any validation sticker issued under sections 4503.19 and 4503.191 of the Revised Code, furnished by the director of public safety, except that a manufacturer of motor vehicles or dealer therein, the holder of an in transit permit, and the owner or operator of a motorcycle, motorized bicycle, manufactured home, mobile home, trailer, or semitrailer shall display on the rear only. A motor vehicle that is issued two license plates shall display the validation sticker only on the rear license plate, except that a commercial tractor that does not receive an apportioned license plate under the international registration plan shall display the validation sticker on the front of the commercial tractor. An apportioned vehicle receiving an apportioned license plate under the international registration plan shall display the license plate only on the front of a commercial tractor and on the rear of all other vehicles. All license plates shall be securely fastened so as not to swing, and shall not be covered by any material that obstructs their visibility.
No person to whom a temporary license placard or windshield sticker has been issued for the use of a motor vehicle under section 4503.182 of the Revised Code, and no operator of that motor vehicle, shall fail to display the temporary license placard in plain view from the rear of the vehicle either in the rear window or on an external rear surface of the motor vehicle, or fail to display the windshield sticker in plain view on the rear window of the motor vehicle. No temporary license placard or windshield sticker shall be covered by any material that obstructs its visibility.
(B) Whoever violates this section is guilty of a minor misdemeanor.
Effective Date: 01-01-2004

There are very specific criteria...