Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

What is one car you miss and would like back?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I miss my 67 fastback 383 plymouth barracuda, pic below is not mine but that is what I planned on it looking like, until I got into a little trouble while being stupid, not with the cuda but another car!! and I sold it cause I needed the cash for um lets just say to payoff some legal bills...

Old 03-14-2010, 04:39 PM

Lets see....

My '89 Beretta. 2.8 5 speed. paid $600 for it. For me it was perfect size. Comfortable. Got rid of it cause the syncro's were gone and I could not find a used trans anywhere.

My '80 Jeep CJ7 that I did a complete rebuild on, but needed money and had to sell. I still keep in contact with the new owner.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:47 AM

I dont have pictures of mine because i was in high school and i had bought a 68 camaro rally sport for 800 dollars. I rebuilt the engine and exhaust and transmission. The body and interior were next but i needed the money. I did the engine in a low level high performance nature, and even had modded the california exhaust with the jc witney cut out valves.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

miss my 1993 pontiac bonneville.. there was something about it (besides being my first). It was a handmedown from my mother, who got it from her ex at the time. For a 3800 with 165,000 miles at the time it ran like a champ! The exterior was almost flawless except for the hood that had a minor peel in the front. First car I learned how to change oil...change brakes...changed the oil pan gasket & valve cover gaskets. Inside the engine was beautiful & suprisingly clean! Unfortunatly when it reached 190k the oil leak from the pan blew out(on the day i was going to change it), started to **** oil everywere. Weeks later the engine started to knock & the oil pressure was not holding after you drive it over 30 minutes... 4 months later the engine seized ):
Here is the video the day before I purpously blew the rod in my driveway :P

Awesome bumper sticker....can't find it anymore T__T

Old 09-14-2012, 09:01 PM

57 beetle

horizon blue, last year for oval rear window, ragtop, 40hp from a 65. it was rusty and ugly but after a basic tuneup it ran like stank. it had a lotta "character" and was a fun learning experience. nothing like working/driving such an archaic vehicle that actually had a lot of ingenuity for then and now. those silly germans. sold it last year but always on the look-out for another (up to a '67).

Old 09-15-2012, 09:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Black Bowtie
Only get to pick 1?

Been lucky to have our hands on quite a few of the old muscle cars. If we'd only known what we had......but the 65 GTO is missed the most.
Loved, loved, loved that car. Mad at hubby for a long time after he sold it all those years ago. And the people he sold it to trashed it. I heard they wrapped it around a tree about 6 months after they bought it. Ugh! Poor baby!
Im with ya on this ride forsure!!!!

I also had a Mint 1965 GTO...
It was factory Gold Metal Flake...with 2 hand painted black pin stripes painted along the top body lines!!!
Black leather interior...with Factory 8 track! Thats right I said it: a friggn 8 track player!
It came factory stock with:
389 CI,engine, Tri-power, (Triple deuces)carbs. 4 speed rock crusher trans..pushn around 425hp (stock) and it turned 10.5's In the quarter mile!!!!

If I only knew then...What I know now!!!

That was way back in the early 70's...and it also only had 12,000 original miles on it when I bought it!!! That was the meanest badest car I ever owned...That was street legal!....

Old 09-15-2012, 11:25 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I still have a soft spot in my heart for the 05 Supercharged Monte SS - I wouldn't mind owning another one - almost as exciting to drive as my new Mustang!

Old 09-16-2012, 11:02 AM

I miss my '96 Monte LS. First car I owned. Bought it in the summer of 09. It had a huge rust spot on the rear fender that I busted my *** to cut out and repair three times in the year I owned it. It was always spotless. Ran like a champ until I had to sell at 170xxx mi in order to pay for my 05 Monte. I never wanted to sell though. Last I heard the new owner has it all beat up now and the rust has come back. Pains me to think about it.

Old 09-16-2012, 11:12 AM

Well it is a no contest with my I'd have to say my 86 Iroc-Z. It was white which at first bothered me but it grew on me. I loved how even though it wasn't much of a beast it'd throw ya back in ur seat. Everyones heads would turn when I was driving it. One time a guy in a black fourth gen (falling apart really poorly taken care of fourth gen) was jelous so he passed me going like 100 or so and stayed in the other lane longer than needed just to show off. Every time I stopped at a gas station I got a damn nice car or even a few stories from guys about them owning one back in the day. Then the exhaust developed cracks (probably form my shotty driveway at the time) after that the paint started peeling in places, the interior plastics were getting very brittle and cracking one by one. Then the engine was the final toast marker Anyway I traded it straight for a 04 Monte Carlo LS with 72,000 on it Prior Salvage title but I had my mechanic look it over up and down. The bumper and hood were the only things that were replaced and the front support had a pin sized indent in it. Anyway I was happy with the Monte since there was so much less wrong with it. One day browsing craigslist there it was my Iroc!! When we'd traded the guy sold me some sop story like his dad use to own one just like it when he was a kid and he wanted it for his dad. Come to find out after typing in his an dhis buddys cell numbers on craigslist and finding out they had many cars for sale at the same time, what was happening was they'd buy or trade cars to get something they liked then they'd keep doing it until they got something really nice and sell it for profit. A group of 2-4 guys doing this without a dealers lisc very shady like operation anyway heres a few pics. Damn I miss her, after this guy sold it on craigslist agian I've never seen it on any car sites or in any towns in Iowa.

Sorry for all the pics I just miss er so bad ahh maybe some day I'll have another.

Old 09-16-2012, 06:55 PM

My 1996 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2.4L DOHC Twin Cam do I miss that car, slow but it was comfy and a very nice car. Unfortunately it was costing too much in repairs so I had to part with her....
Pic before I got rid of her.

Quick Reply: What is one car you miss and would like back?