Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Member's BLOG: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/wednesday-june-19-2013-a-43550/)

MnteCrloSS47 06-18-2013 11:27 PM

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

5 Attachment(s)

Monte Carlo Friends

Member's `Blog

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

What are you doing Today ?

* Members, post what is happening in your life/family, your hobbies, cars, etc. We are here 24/7

Our active member's are the ones that keeps our forum growing.
Make a post & become a active member & part of our
MonteCarloFamily

The MCF is a StressFree-Fun-Automotive Family Zone

Please don't hurt http://yoursmiles.org/msmile/negative/m0918.gif with your words/post!
Help a member 'if you can ? > Thanks

Give Respect to `Member's - Get Respect from `Member's

If you have not read our MCF Rules ?
Please click below link to enjoy your Monte Carlo Forum Experience

June 2013

Monte of the Month Winner
http://antiqueautobattery.com/images/car-trophy.jpg
MCF Member: Leprechaun93-Keane
http://i39.tinypic.com/v5gacn.jpg
2004 Monte Carlo Intimidator SS
:congrats:Congratulations to our MCF Winner Keane :congrats:
Attachment 31850

~ The MCF Winners Galleries ~
Monte of the Month
^ Click ^
Click above link to view all our Super Super MCF Winner's
Created & Re-Created by Administrator `Taz (Lou)<~Thank You!

* Thanks Member's for checking in with your
Monte Carlo Family & keeping our forum active!

* Any MCF Member can start our MCF Blog after midnight Eastern Time

monte carlo 3831 06-18-2013 11:52 PM

Happy Birthday Brock.....(Enzo)............
:birthday:.........:cool:
<table width="100%" align="center" class="tborder" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="6"><tbody id="collapseobj_forumhome_birthdays"><tr><td class="alt2">https://montecarloforum.com/forum/im...c/birthday.gif</td><td width="100%" class="alt1"><!--rlm-->Enzo354

</td></tr></tbody></table>

ChibiBlackSheep 06-19-2013 05:38 AM

Good morning everyone!!

BeachBumMike 06-19-2013 08:09 AM

"Be Happy to 'be" OK

Who broke the MCF ? < :eek: > :rotfl:
Site being repaired ?

Did EnZo 'Brock break it ? or did I ? :nono:
* Happy Birthday 'Brock (Enzo)

:birthday:

Wish everyone a Happy New Day 4-sure!
* Thanks You Devin for starting our day/blog
(hope U R feeling better today)

STUMPMI 06-19-2013 08:15 AM

Thanks Devin starting the blog today...:thumbsup:

Is the site haveing technical difficulties?.... Or is it my internet provider for our site? Im getting a database error....

I have emailed Chibi Mike...

But I havent receive an answer as of yet....
Happy b-day Brock!

have a Great Day EV1!

03SSLE 06-19-2013 08:16 AM

Good mornin' all.

I think IB was doing maintenance because all of their forums (or at least the ones I visit) were down this morning. I don't think they completely solved the problem though because the forum is running very slow and choking on loading pages.

:birthday: Enzo!

Tadcaster 06-19-2013 08:22 AM

Happy Birthday Brock!

Working from home, going to be slow. All plant controllers are in a meeting in Chicago, and all of the suits went to the Tiger's game with lunch

Meanwhile I am here on MCF....

Leprechaun93 06-19-2013 08:25 AM

Morning all, loading has been slow here this morning. Off to work shortly, more freezers to empty later and ice to chip.

06mistreSS 06-19-2013 09:02 AM

Morning all, hope everyone has been doing well. Haven't been as active on here in the last month or so. Just busy and honestly there's not much activity going on here recently.

So a couple new things with the car...

I ordered a front end cover (auto bra) which came yesterday. I'll be using it only for long(er) highway trips, like the 3-hour drive down to Indiana for Monte Nationals coming up next week (cruising down together with Slugger088).

Also, the black headlights came out of the car yesterday morning and I re-installed the stock headlights. Yes, after all that hard work I'm back to the stock pair. Honestly, I just lost interest in the black ones a bit. I already have somebody local (on the Forum) interested in the black pair.

That being said, my stock pair of headlights isn’t horrible but they are showing their age a bit after seven years; some stone chips and some slight hazing/yellowing of the lens. At some point I'll probably fine sand and buff them out again but I stopped by the Chevrolet dealership parts department on the way home from work yesterday to get pricing on a brand new factory OEM pair. I was surprised, they actually have one brand new pair in stock right now; $576 (including tax). I may try to see if they can come down a bit on the price to help me out (I do know the guys pretty well). I can recoup some of that cost by selling the black pair (and the other unfinished black pair I have). I asked if it was okay for them to hold them for a day or two while I think it over, and they said that was okay. So, I may jump on these in the next couple days. It'd be nice to have them for Monte Nationals next weekend. We'll see...

Hope everyone has a good day.

MarkIV396 06-19-2013 09:02 AM

Mornin' everyone! Keeps raining out here is Kansas. Can't seem to keep the Black LS clean!

Ricks 2006 SS 06-19-2013 09:42 AM

Good Morning everyone. Just rolled out of bed. Was a late night yesterday. Got to bed around 3 am. Went to my old job and sat around with my old bosses and talked for a couple of hrs and had lunch with them. By the time I got home I was so tired I didn't think I'd make it up the steps. One thing for sure! I had NO problem falling to sleep :rotfl:

BeachBumMike 06-19-2013 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS (Post 555071)
One thing for sure! I had NO problem falling to sleep :rotfl:

:rolleyes:
http://www.galaxyblend.com/wp-conten...y-sleep-16.jpghttp://thumbs.myopera.com/sz/colx/ht...tor_fun_10.jpg
Hi Mr 'Rick, yes good sleep is very important :eek: It's one of my favorite hobbies > :rotfl:
Wish you & member's a Super-Super Day 4sure :thumbsup:
BeachBum'Mike

steelmalu43 06-19-2013 10:34 AM

Almost lunch here at work,, omg I love the picture with the guy and his bike in bed... tooo funny

MAMONTE 06-19-2013 11:31 AM

Good Morning Everyone!

MnteCrloSS47 06-19-2013 12:18 PM

Afternoon all!

Happy Birthday Brock!

Leprechaun93 06-19-2013 01:16 PM

Afternoon all, police looking for someone behind the store. Cops everywhere even a helicopter

TMoney 06-19-2013 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93 (Post 555097)
Afternoon all, police looking for someone behind the store. Cops everywhere even a helicopter

Wow a helicopter? That's crazy :eek:

BeachBumMike 06-19-2013 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by TMoney (Post 555099)
Wow a helicopter? That's crazy :eek:

:rolleyes: . WoW, that's crazy > did you report your Monte stolen ? :rotfl:

^ Please don't steal this vid (lol) "Give credit, where credit is due" ?
'Keane, I hope it added some excitement to your work day...
I bet a little kid stole a candy bar & the police needed the training :confused::eek::) or are they really look'in 4 U ? :rotfl: or one of our
MCF Member's ?

*Just creating some activity on the MCF :confused:>:)

** Devin, pain report please ?

MnteCrloSS47 06-19-2013 03:33 PM

Hey Bum'Mike, been in some pain all day today. def has been a bed rest day :(
Hope it goes away soon.

Leprechaun93 06-19-2013 07:41 PM

Sorry to hear Devin,

Here is a picture from earlier, as well as once again shopping ccarts of product I emptied again. Also I think I found why im having trouble sleeping. One of my medications brands changed and one of the side effects with this one is trouble sleeping. Not gonna take it tonight, hopefully that's it.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...97454623_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...76086300_n.jpg

KJRich 06-19-2013 08:05 PM

Good evening blog!

monte carlo 3831 06-19-2013 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by KJRich (Post 555160)
Good evening blog!

What the ^%%$, how you doing man.......You going to the GM nats this weekend?

KJRich 06-19-2013 08:40 PM

I'd like to but my daughter plays baseball at 2 on Saturday.

monte carlo 3831 06-19-2013 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by KJRich (Post 555164)
I'd like to but my daughter plays baseball at 2 on Saturday.

I can't either.....:thumbsdown: I have a couple issues with my car at the moment......:o

KJRich 06-19-2013 08:53 PM

Aw, that sucks. Mine's been running pretty well. Just did tranny pan drop and filter change last week.

monte carlo 3831 06-19-2013 08:57 PM

Kerry, how are the girls doing, any plans for the summer for them........You still have the hot rod? (Plymouth)?

KJRich 06-19-2013 09:17 PM

My mom is in from Germany again to visit. She'll be here til mid August. The girls are finishing up their little league baseball seasons. They have swimming lessons Tuesday and Thursday mornings. I'm hoping to do some things with them like the beach, amusement parks, zoos, museums, etc.
The Plymouth is alive and well. I'm still rocking the original 86,000 mile 318, but now she's topped off with an Edelbrock aluminum intake and 600 cfm Edelbrock carb. I've also installed Flowtech full length headers, all stainless steel exhaust out the back with factory tips and Magnaflow mufflers. There's still work to be done of course, I think I need to replace the radiator before it gets very warm out.

monte carlo 3831 06-19-2013 09:26 PM

That sounds great Kerry, nice to hear things are going pretty good for you and the girls......:)

Leprechaun93 06-19-2013 09:35 PM

Evening all, Hey Kerry. Hope all is well with you and your girls.

KJRich 06-19-2013 09:41 PM

We're adjusting. The girls are still doing great in school. Their grades are high and they're active in after school activities. My oldest is still in the gifted program and won a presidential academic fitness award this year. They go to the top 10% gpa in her grade (grades tracked from first through fifth). She starts her first year (6th grade) of middle school this fall. My youngest enters 3rd grade. Meanwhile, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. lol

monte carlo 3831 06-19-2013 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by KJRich (Post 555180)
I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. lol

That's great for your daughters, keep up the good work......:thumbsup:

and I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up also.....:eek:

STUMPMI 06-19-2013 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by KJRich (Post 555173)
My mom is in from Germany again to visit. She'll be here til mid August. The girls are finishing up their little league baseball seasons. They have swimming lessons Tuesday and Thursday mornings. I'm hoping to do some things with them like the beach, amusement parks, zoos, museums, etc.
The Plymouth is alive and well. I'm still rocking the original 86,000 mile 318, but now she's topped off with an Edelbrock aluminum intake and 600 cfm Edelbrock carb. I've also installed Flowtech full length headers, all stainless steel exhaust out the back with factory tips and Magnaflow mufflers. There's still work to be done of course, I think I need to replace the radiator before it gets very warm out.

I think the best bang for your buck on a radiator would be a griffin aluminum 4row!:thumbsup:

Leprechaun93 06-19-2013 09:49 PM

Sounds good Kerry, glad to hear they're doing well.

AwesomeSS 06-19-2013 10:10 PM

Good evening all

KJRich 06-19-2013 10:11 PM

Thanks Keane!
And David, that very well may be what goes in it. I already know the factory radiator isn't in the greatest of shape and there's no shroud or fan clutch. Plus I'm not sure what the impellers on the water pump look like after being on the engine for 44 years. lol

KJRich 06-19-2013 10:12 PM

Good evening, Amy!

AwesomeSS 06-19-2013 10:16 PM

Hey Kerry

MnteCrloSS47 06-19-2013 10:16 PM

hey Kerry good to see you on here and doing well!

Evening everyone

Ricks 2006 SS 06-19-2013 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by KJRich (Post 555200)
Thanks Keane!
And David, that very well may be what goes in it. I already know the factory radiator isn't in the greatest of shape and there's no shroud or fan clutch. Plus I'm not sure what the impellers on the water pump look like after being on the engine for 44 years. lol

HI Kerry: GOOD to hear you & the girls are getting along so well :thumbsup:. Hey a little lesson from an old Hot Rodder. I fan shroud does wonders! I know that for a fact. I had the wrong one on my Chevelle. it wasn't pulling enough air. My car was running Hot for a couple of days in the summer. A friend of mine told me he had another one if I wanted to try it. I did and never looked back. The temps were right around 192 all day long :eek: You don't need a clutch fan. At least I didn't and it ran great!

KJRich 06-20-2013 07:02 AM

Hey Rick, how's it going. Thanks for the advice, I had heard shrouds can work wonders sometimes.