Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Member's BLOG: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/wednesday-april-22-2015-a-52901/)

GTHSS 04-22-2015 11:01 AM

Good morning Everyone! it is a nice sunny day here, and forecast the same for next 2 days! Nice!

GTHSS 04-22-2015 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by KingWord (Post 658431)
Hey quick question, does anybody know what the head bolts on a 2001 mc are tourqued to? I have a 2 ft. ratchet and im putting every bit of my weight into trying to get them to break but they will not budge,ive already broke a small extension on it

Not sure but you might want to post your question on the Monte Carlo Repair Help in Genderal Forums. Good luck though!

ChibiBlackSheep 04-22-2015 11:08 AM

Hey quick question, does anybody know what the head bolts on a 2001 mc are tourqued to? I have a 2 ft. ratchet and im putting every bit of my weight into trying to get them to break but they will not budge,ive already broke a small extension on it

They should only be torqued to 50ft/lb + 120degrees

red04montels 04-22-2015 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 658439)
They should only be torqued to 50ft/lb + 120degrees

This.. found some more information here (see the second post):

3800 Torque specs

P343 04-22-2015 01:22 PM

This link may help
Chevrolet Monte Carlo Torque Specifications - TorkSpec - Knowledge for the Motorhead

KingWord 04-22-2015 02:31 PM

thanks guys,i still haven't gotten them off,i might have to put a breaker bar on them,hope everyone is having a great day I know im enjoying this nice weather

ohara 04-22-2015 09:49 PM

Evening everyone, still loving the new exhaust :)

Took the mother in law to the hospital yesterday so she could get the surgery done on her elbow and get it replaced, all went well but had to kill time all day in city, so checked out a couple challenger's and went to a music store. Found a nice little 1 watt tube amp made by Blackstar and the little thing rocks, almost whipped out the debit card, but then I thought "Ken, could I use this on stage?" and I answered with "Ken, no it's not gonna be anywhere near loud enough, don't be foolish and grab the shiny brass ring" lol, it would be nice for my basement, but I also already own 7 amps so I don't really need it, but it did impress me.

Other than that, been busy catching up at work and did an in service tonight for some of the work crew which went well

I hope everyone enjoyed their day