Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Top 10 Companies Hiring This Week

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 08:02 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up Top 10 Companies Hiring This Week

Top 10 Companies Hiring This Week

Posted to help MCF Member's looking for work

November 20 - November 26

We know that your job search can get quite frustrating these days with more people trying to find a job and fewer employment opportunities available.
To ease the burden, we've tracked down 10 top companies that are hiring this week -- from sales jobs to finance jobs, full-time jobs to part-time jobs. We hope you find a job that's perfect for you.
Good luck job hunting!

1. UPS

Known by its large brown delivery trucks, United Parcel Service delivers over 15 million packages per day. Headquartered in Sandy Springs, Ga., UPS competes with other carriers, such as FedEx and the U.S. Postal Service. The company employs approximately 350,000 in the United States, with another 67,000 around the world.
With the holidays fast approaching, UPS says it plans to hire a staggering 55,000 additional employees to handle the workload. UPS expects deliveries to increase by roughly 6 percent compared to the 2010 holiday season.
Employee Review: "Fair pay, and quality benefits and opportunities for full-time, year-round employees. Fast-paced environment without any chance for boredom."*

Top Job Categories:2. Macy's

Originally founded as Federated Department Stores in 1929, the company was officially renamed Macy's in 2007. With over 800 stores across the nation, Macy's is one of the largest retail companies in the United States. Macy's sales rose throughout 2010 and it already has announced plans to hire 3,500 employees in the next two years.
Macy's is preparing for a busy end to its week, with the 85th anniversary of its signature Thanksgiving Day Parade on Thursday morning. The parade will quickly be followed by Black Friday sales starting at midnight Thursday.
Employee Review: "The management is competent. Employees are given a good discount and still able to use coupons. You can pick up more hours online when they become available."*

Top Job Categories:3. Chipotle

The company was founded by Steve Ells in 1993. After graduating from college, Ells decided to pursue his passion for cooking by enrolling at the Culinary Institute of America. After graduating from the institute, he worked as a chef at Stars restaurant in San Francisco, before borrowing some capital from his parents to open the first Chipotle, just outside the University of Denver.
For his first location, Steve chose a storefront which had been an old Dolly Madison Ice Cream Shop. His low startup budget became the inspiration for the simple decor that adorns Chipotle locations to this day. With over 900 current locations, the company has seen significant growth in the past 16 years.
Chipotle frequently participates in community-focused initiatives. With Thanksgiving around the corner, it recently partnered with a California high school to offer free burritos as part of a food drive. The company also sponsored the Megaramp World Championship, celebrating sustainability.
Employee Review: "The food is honestly good and comes from good sources. The company provides good health, dental and vision insurance. There are also plenty of opportunities for advancing within the company."*

Top Job Categories:4. Chrysler - Mopar

Although the term "Mopar" has come into use for any Chrysler-branded product, it is officially the parts-and-service division for the Chrysler Group, which includes Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram brands in North America. Mopar is based in Center Line, Mich.
Pietro Gorlier, CEO of Mopar and former vice president of Fiat, says that Fiat saw a great deal of untapped potential in the Mopar brand. Fiat took control of the Chrysler Group in 2009, and recently announced a new management structure as part of the merger.
The company recently announced the addition of approximately 1,100 new jobs at its plant in Toledo, Ohio. Chrysler's parent company, Fiat, also revealed the new 500 Abarth, a sportier version of the subcompact 500. Chrysler and Fiat hope the Abarth will help boost sales of the 500, which has not met targets to date.
Employee Review: "The company is extremely adaptable and resilient after its financial distress in recent years, and the company is very hopeful for the future. The need for young and creative people is overwhelming -- those without automotive background may be better positioned than they think!"*

Top Job Categories:5. Morgan Stanley

With more than 60,000 employees and nearly $750 billion in assets under management, Morgan Stanley is a worldwide leader in the financial services industry.
In addition to the investment management services that it provides for both its individual as well as corporate clients, the company is also actively involved in the fields of investment banking, commodities trading and commercial banking.
Employee review: "Your experience very much depends on which team you are in. I loved my team and I would not change my experience there. I worked hard, but the senior management understood when I needed to take vacations and did not break my plans."*

Top Job Categories:6. Bed, Bath & Beyond

Founded in 1971 and headquartered in New Jersey, Bed, Bath & Beyond has achieved success thanks to a unique blend of merchandise, store layout and management techniques.
The company has over 1,000 stores and operates under a few brand names, including Bed, Bath & Beyond, Christmas Tree Shops and Harmon Stores. It purchased Buy Buy Baby, Inc. in 2007, in order to widen its customer base and better appeal to prospective and current parents.
The company has announced plans to expand by another 40 to 45 stores during Fiscal Year 2012. Its long-term plan is to have approximately 1,300 stores operating, versus the current 985.
Employee Review: "I love working for a company that is actually concerned about customer service. We put customer service as our No. 1 priority...."*

Top Job Categories:7. Hewlett-Packard (HP)

Hewlett-Packard, headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif., currently ranks 10th on the Fortune 500. The company ships around 48 million PCs each year, making it the largest supplier of PCs worldwide. Business Week named HP the 11th-most-valuable global brand in 2009. The company's logo has changed little since its creation, which goes a long way in long-term brand recognition.
Although there was concern earlier this year about the Japan earthquake and tsunami's effect on HP's production and sales, its revenue has continued to climb. With revenues of $126 billion in its 2010 fiscal year, the company is also the largest IT company in the world. HP currently operates in 170 countries worldwide and has over 300,000 employees.
Employee Review: "People are very easy to work with and want to do a good job. Never experienced a time in 10 years of working there where I could not find a person willing to explain things if I was stuck on something. There are a lot of brilliant people there who love to think and make things with a lot of different product lines to move around into. Movement within the company is not looked down upon, rather, most managers appreciate people with a lot of different perspectives."*

Top Job Categories:8. Extendicare Health Services

Employing nearly 40,000 people, Extendicare operates 267 long-term senior care facilities throughout North America. It offers a wide variety of services, from nursing and assisted living to specialty care such as rehabilitative therapy.
Many independently-owned nursing homes have hired Extendicare for consulting solutions and suggestions regarding more efficient operation of existing facilities.
Employee Review: "I am so proud to be part of a team that truly puts patient welfare first and provides the care and services that our patients need. The corporate leaders have created an atmosphere of respect and I feel valued as an employee."*

Top Job Categories:9. Panera Bread Company

Established in 1981 and headquartered in St. Louis, Mo., the company operates 1,453 company-owned and franchise locations in 40 states and Ontario, Canada. The Zagat Guide named Panera Bread the most popular restaurant chain (in the chains-with-fewer-than-5,000-locations division).
Panera recently celebrated eight quarters of double-digit sales and profit growth. This news is coupled with consistent expansion and the opening of new stores across the United States.
The company has been quite innovative lately in its social outreach and charitable programs. Taking a page from nonprofit initiatives like Karma Kitchen, the company has opened its third Panera Cares restaurant in Chicago. These locations allow customers to donate an amount of their choosing in exchange for meals.
Employee Review: "The company offered a thorough training program, which was great for those with little experience. An excellent place to start, for diligent and hard-working employees."*

Top Job Categories: 10. Yellowbook

Founded in 1930, Yellowbook shows no signs of slowing down -- even with the decline in print media in recent years. Its claim to fame is being the top independent publisher of directories, both in print and online. It reach consumers both in print circulation and through its online presence.
Companies have had to innovate in this space to stay ahead. Yellowbook no longer publishes residential directory information in print, and has switched from a four-column to a smaller three-column layout. The company has enjoyed recent success in online advertising, with over 47 million unique visitors in June.
Employee Review: "Senior management try hard to improve the products and workplace. Working your own territory is good. Having lots of different products allows you to enter most business to sell something they might need."*

Top Job Categories:*All employee reviews provided courtesy of Glassdoor.com.

Inside Tips For Getting A Job At:
What It's REALLY Like To Work For:

Old 11-20-2011, 08:38 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I applied to UPS once, didnt get hired wish i woulda though, ive been thinking bout becoming a truck driver lol got my Class A CDL with hazmat so why not use it lol

Old 11-21-2011, 11:32 AM

Hi `Mike, I think UPS would be a Super Company to work for. I know that Cowboy Duane's father drives Big Rigs over the road & I think Frank just got a job with UPS...

I think it would be a Great Job...I know the drivers that deliver to our warehouses are making Big $'s...
I don't know if I would want 2 drive a Big Rig on Ice or snow.
Hope this thread helps a member...Thanks for your post(s)

Old 11-21-2011, 12:28 PM

I'm looking for a winter job.too bad I live in the middle of no where and would have to drive aways but oh well lol

Old 11-21-2011, 12:47 PM

i got a job at UPS on thursday. as a driver helper..

Old 11-21-2011, 02:25 PM

Hi `Alex,
Sorry it was not `Frank & it was you that just got a p/t job with UPS..I was in a fog this morning when I make the above post, and now I'm still in a `Fog ...Thanks for your post & reminding me....Yes, I was SpacedOut again...`OK, all the time : ) LOL

`Alex, let us know how you like the job & post a review...& I'm sure that after you work for them for a week they will want you full time Good Luck

Old 11-21-2011, 02:39 PM

I know a lot of guys that went to college in Louisville (their biggest air hub in the country IIRC) and they said they were pretty good to work for. My next job will either be in public safety or computers. Depends on how things shake out after this next deployment.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by KidSpace
Hi `Alex,
Sorry it was not `Frank & it was you that just got a p/t job with UPS..I was in a fog this morning when I make the above post, and now I'm still in a `Fog ...Thanks for your post & reminding me....Yes, I was SpacedOut again...`OK, all the time : ) LOL

`Alex, let us know how you like the job & post a review...& I'm sure that after you work for them for a week they will want you full time Good Luck
no worries space! you were very close on the guess . everyday is foggy for me too. i think staring at the MCF is mesin us up. ill let you all know for sure. i hope it turns into full time cause i have 2 jobs right now. which is a little rough. but im thankful for havin 2 jobs