Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

wanted to say thanks

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 01:51 PM
Monte of the Month -- October 2013
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default wanted to say thanks

for all the help and advice that was given to me as a member of this forum. I purchased a 2013 boss 302 on Saturday with only 4k on her. only got to drive it home then the nasty weather came. ty to all who helped me with my questions. wish ya all nothing but the best!
oh and ps yes I will miss my monte. the prettiest car I ever owned!

Old 11-17-2014, 02:48 PM

Hi `Joey,
We R going 2 miss U...I hope you come back to play & keep us updated on your life & "THE BOSS".

We expect to see some pictures + read all about it.
Sounds like a nice one 4-Sure (low miles)...What Color ?

Wish you safe, happy, fun, fast & trouble`free miles.
EnJoy your Boss & your journey of life...

Wow, Santa came early 4 U > >EnJoy<

Last edited by Space; 11-17-2014 at 03:08 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:12 PM
Monte of the Month -- October 2013

race red. ty space! ya always made me laugh my friend. will post pics. between you and me I was like a 8 year old kid driving that baby home! lol

Old 11-17-2014, 07:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Joey, sorry to see you part ways with your Monte, but hopefully you get plenty of enjoyment with your new Mustang.

You are still welcome on MCF.com any time (you don't need to own a Monte to be an active member here).

Old 11-17-2014, 07:43 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats!!!!!! You have just purchased one awesome ride!!!!!!!! I am so lucky to own my 03 Monte SS and 14 Mustang GT/CS. Race Red is the color to have - but I might be a little biased LOL!

Old 11-18-2014, 12:05 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015

Sorry to hear you got rid of the Monte. Congrats on the new ride.

Old 11-18-2014, 03:59 AM
Thumbs up >>>wow<<<

Originally Posted by joeykl66
race red. ty space! ya always made me laugh my friend. will post pics. between you and me I was like a 8 year old kid driving that baby home! lol

Hi `Joey,
Happy 4 U 4-Sure > EnJoy
I'm Red with Envy
EnJoy
Your new Super Machine
- The BOSS -
Name:  RR-match1_Boss.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  150.6 KB

Old 11-18-2014, 04:16 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats on the Boss 302. Please do check up on us once in a while.

Old 11-18-2014, 04:49 AM

Hi `Joey,
Got you a departure tune 2 listen 2 & Enjoy
Click below & listen (WoW) it's `delicious

(Photo: Ford)

GARDENA, Calif. – Ford gave a noisy, tire-skidding debut Monday to a new performance version of its Mustang, the 2016 Shelby GT350.
The new muscle car, boasting more than 500 horsepower, emerged from behind a curtain at the headquarters of the performance shop headed by late racing legend Carroll Shelby. The car took a couple skids across the concrete floor, and managed to get in a few blasts of its big V-8 engine, before coming to stop before a throng of journalists.
"Here we are in Carroll's house," Ford Executive Vice President Jim Farley said as he emerged from the car.
He said, "our ambition was to attract a new group of customers" to Mustang. The GT350 is a car meant for both the street and the racetrack, true to 1960s original that carried the same designation. The new one "is that same essentional racecar for the street."

The news is under the hood: Ford's first production flat-plane crankshaft 5.2-liter V-8 — an engine usually associated with a European sports cars or race cars.
No turbocharged EcoBoost engine here. Early in development it was decided a high-revving, naturally aspirated V8 engine would be better for the track, hence the development of Ford's most powerful naturally aspirated production engine to date with torque that peaks at 400 pound-feet.
"Make no mistake, this is an American interpretation of a flat-plane crankshaft V8, and the 5.2-liter produces a distinctive, throaty howl from its four exhaust tips," said JamalHameedi, chief engineer of Ford Global Performance Vehicles, in a statement.
Ford has not announced when it will go on sale or pricing.
Mustang aficionados know that the original Shelby GT350 was introduced in 1965, giving the pony car street cred. This street-legal track car continues in the spirit of Carroll Shelby, a man whose name became synonymous with Mustang for his history of transforming an everyday car into a road racer. It helps fill the gap left by the popular Boss 302.
Ford introduces a hot new version of the 2015 Mustang, the Shelby GT350. It has a big V-8 meant for track or street (Photo: Ford)
Fullscreen

Next Slide

Shelby's death in 2012 meant he did not live long enough to see the launch of the sixth-generation 2015 Mustang that finally switches to an independent rear suspension. Or the latest GT350 that Ford's performance team engineered in his name.
The GT350 "takes true advantage of the new chassis dynamics of the Mustang platform," said Jamal Hameedi, chief engineer, Ford Global Performance Vehicles.
The car has a six-speed manual and a choice of five different driving modes.
"When we started working on this car, we wanted to build the best possible Mustang for the places we most love to drive – challenging back roads with a variety of corners and elevation changes – and the track on weekends," said Raj Nair, Ford's head of Global Product Development in a statement.
"Every change we made to this car was driven by the functional requirements of a powerful, responsive powerplant – nimble, precise handling and massive stopping power," said Nair who has a history of racing.
The 2015 Mustang is already 28% stiffer than the previous model and the GT350 is even stiffer and ride height was lowered about two inches.
The GT350 has some advanced materials and technologies including Ford's first use of MagneRide dampers, a system long used by General Motors for continuous adjustment of the suspension for optimal handling.
To harness all its power, the car has Brembo brakes and the car has stiff 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires with customized sidewalls, tread face and compound for maximum grip on the road or at the track.
The car is also more aerodynamic
"Everything we changed on GT350 is purely functional-driven design, with the goal of improving the overall performance of the car," said Chris Svensson, Ford design director, The Americas. "We optimized the aero shape of the car, and then fine-tuned what was left to increase downforce and cooling airflow."
The bodywork from the windshield forward is unique, including a new aluminum hood that was lowered and sloped. The aluminum front fenders accommodate the wider front track and wider wheel arches.
The interior was designed around the driver with specially designed Recaro sport seats, a flat-bottom steering wheel and upgraded gauges to monitor performance. Ford even took out a lot of the chrome trim that might otherwise distract the driver.
"We took the best Ford Mustang yet and massaged every aspect of the car that affects the performance driving experience," said Hameedi. "We tested endlessly on the most challenging roads and tracks in the world, and we believe serious drivers will love the Shelby GT350 Mustang."

Last edited by Space; 11-18-2014 at 07:34 AM.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:39 AM

Quick Reply: wanted to say thanks