Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   wanna show off my new paint (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/wanna-show-off-my-new-paint-13011/)

Space 04-11-2009 04:25 AM

Free 2 `do

Member: 04MonteSS, you sure have made it different 4-Sure.

I've never seen a Black & Pink Monte B-4,:eek: or I don't think any ride with that color combination : )

I'm sure it will get a lot of ATTENTION 4-Sure.
I really liked it all BLACK : ),

It's not my style, but it's not my `ride. That's what I
love about our forum, the diversity of it's member's, there Monte's,
their Life, and the area they reside.

Thanks for posting/sharing and showing another look/version of what can be done by other members.

It may not be for everyone, but it can be for someone.
"Free 2 do, anything U want 2 do "
I luv `freedom : ) 2 `do :)~> 2`be ~>4-Sure :)

montechick 04-11-2009 09:35 AM

i think it looks pretty damn cool, nice work!

rj 04-11-2009 10:30 AM

Nice touch on your (I mean "her") car.

It certainly will stand out from the pack. :)

God_Bot 04-11-2009 06:45 PM

I like it, but I think the calipers need to be pink now too. Maybe something up top too? Pink roof rails anyone?

I want to do something similar to my ground effects, but in black.

RickAKATed10 04-13-2009 10:10 AM

Yikes.

ChibiBlackSheep 04-13-2009 10:44 AM

I actually really like it.

I think the job was done a little on the messy side (especially around the trunk logo) but it's nice to see a car be custom and different with color choices.

wiz kidd 04-13-2009 12:45 PM

very well done :)

rj 04-13-2009 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by God_Bot (Post 121879)
I want to do something similar to my ground effects, but in black.

You do know black on the ground affects = a lower end model?

The LS & 1 + 2LTs in 2006 were given black ground affects to seperate them from the 3LT, LTZ, & SS Montes.

Taz 04-16-2009 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by rj (Post 122138)
You do know black on the ground affects = a lower end model?

Gee thanks RJ. Just because your pace car has the silver ground effects, all of us with black have lesser models? :D (just kidding)

The Pepto Bismol pink isn't my taste, but the black and pink combo do go well together. I give you bonus points for thinking outside the box and making it a truely personalized Monte with a color combo not offered. After all, it's nice to see people making their car truely theirs. Reflecting their taste.

I agree with some of the others about how it was painted. The Chevy bowtie on the trunk, and the SS badges look like they were masked and painted while on the car. A little constructive criticism (and maybe a tip to some): With badges like the bowtie and the SS, you can get better results by removing them from the car. It would be easier too. Remove the badge from the car, peel off/rub off the old tape, then prep and paint the badge with out having to mask anything off. This eliminates any tape lines or overspray on the rest of the car.

The ground effects is a little more difficult decision. Yes you get better results by removing them from the car for painting. But it can be a pain in the rear to remove them and re-attach them.

But that is probably just nit-picking from us car nuts. The so-called "defects" wouldn't be noticeable by 99% of the population. Especially since they'll be so far behind you. :)

00SSsupercharged 04-19-2009 11:57 AM

Speaking of ground effects, I was looking to paint mine silver but I dont have the body for it does anybody know from whre to get one...... But cheap :)