Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Tuesday February 25,2014

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by dbaldwin
So got a quote to repair and re-paint my bumper cover. I know most people haven't seen it but I notice it every day. So $475 means im gonna do it. With this red will be up to where I consider I could proudly put her in a smaller car show. Im pretty excited to finally get this done just gotta work out transportation.
I cringe at the price of "re-painting", I know I really need to do it on my car but every time I see people post how much it's going to cost them I cry a little on the inside.

Why is it so much is it the labour or the paint?

Old 02-25-2014, 06:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jparks

I cringe at the price of "re-painting", I know I really need to do it on my car but every time I see people post how much it's going to cost them I cry a little on the inside.

Why is it so much is it the labour or the paint?
Labor, the bumper cover needs repaired and re-shaped. But 475 is a good deal. The biggest thing is its expensive to maintain a good environment for painting the car.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by dbaldwin
Labor, the bumper cover needs repaired and re-shaped. But 475 is a good deal. The biggest thing is its expensive to maintain a good environment for painting the car.
Okay good to know, I have a gnarly scratch on my front fender that's down to the metal, and a lot of nicks in the hood from when I went to school in Detroit... and some wicked long road trips.

Fully loaded 06 Monte is a gem for road trips <3 Hopefully I can make a few this summer for some Monte meets

Old 02-25-2014, 07:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jparks
Yeah the new iPhone is really nice, I work at a cell phone store. Once it's all set up you never really have to worry about changing anything as Apple is pretty straight forward. If you ever have any questions about it feel free to PM me I'll do my best to help you out.

I'm stuck at work until 8 PM PST, and may have to work a 9 AM shift tomorrow... I despise morning shifts. Even having been in the military and other jobs forcing me to wake up in the wee hours of the morning I never get used to it.

I'm itching for Friday as that's when I get my Line of Credit for my business and I can finally get the ball rolling! Whoohoo!

Link to my business site ----> Click me!
Hey thanks Justinn, appreciate the offer... Good luck with your new business venture...

Old 02-25-2014, 07:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Evening all, ran some errands today, got new wipers for the monte. Found out for class thursday i have to wear interview clothes. Been years since i've dressed up, scrambled around seeing what i have and almost nothing fits right lol.

Old 02-25-2014, 07:17 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Evening everyone!

Old 02-25-2014, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Found out for class thursday i have to wear interview clothes. Been years since i've dressed up, scrambled around seeing what i have and almost nothing fits right lol.

Oh interviews <3

Old 02-25-2014, 07:26 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

What exactly is float therapy?

Old 02-25-2014, 07:40 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good evening all!
My Kansas Jayhawks are Big 12 Conference Champs for the 10th year in a row WOOHOO!
Name:  KU_Jayhawks_zps2c9d1fe2.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  111.2 KB

Old 02-25-2014, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
What exactly is float therapy?

Stressed? kids, work... life?

Floating lowers blood pressure, lowers levels of stress-related biochemicals, and perhaps most important, removes feelings of tension and stress.

Float therapy is clinically proven to provide real and significant relief from chronic pain and neuropathic pain.
Epsom salt (magnesium sulphate) is a natural muscle relaxant.
Ever take a bath with 2 cups of Epsom salt in it? Felt great didn't it? Now imagine what soaking in 800lbs of Epsom salt would feel like! Pretty awesome. The effect on your body is notable.

Meditation + Conscious Expansion

Ever meditated purely in your mind?
The tanks experience can be enlightening for many individuals creating Theta Waves “usually requiring years of meditation/ yoga practice”.

There's a lot of info on Floating as it's been around for more than 60 years!

I have a bunch of info on my site as well.

Putting it simply you pretty much put yourself into a form of Bio-stasis and let your body heal itself.

It's like when people take sugar pills but get better (placebo affect) Your brain actually has the power to heal you, but no one (that I know of) has the ability to tap into the potential in our brain.

--------------->FAQ <------------

Last edited by Jparks; 02-25-2014 at 08:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Tuesday February 25,2014