Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Tuesday, April 16th 2013

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Good morning everyone!

Space, that looks like such a tough destination to go

Good Morning Mod `Mike,
Did you get your oil/filter changed in your 2013 Camaro ? How many miles now ? How do you like the power ? How does it brake/handle ? What's your MPG's ? Are you happy with your purchase ?
===============================================

Yes, I'm looking 4ward to my trip, & it's a beautiful area, but there are major problems there with corruption/organized crime + etc:
State's Luna on Fighting Crime Networks in Caribbean | IIP Digital <click

Link Peace and Security with Sustainable Development Efforts: We must do a better job at articulating the harms, impacts, and costs of crime and violence to communities in the Caribbean. We must dismantle organized criminal networks and gangs, disrupt today’s drug trade routes, and help our Caribbean partners turn their economies into the new markets and investments frontiers of tomorrow, and safeguard their human capital, national assets, and natural resources. We can only do this if we work together to stem the wave of crime, corruption, and violence and invest in economic development and job growth strategies to create economic opportunities for those communities impacted by unemployment, crime, and violence, including at-risk youth programs that offer a viable alternative to crime.

<cite style="color: rgb(0, 153, 51); font-size: 14px !important; font-style: normal;">iipdigital.usembassy.gov/st/english/texttrans/.../20130313144066.htm...</cite>
Mar 13, 2013 – State's Luna on Fighting Crime Networks in Caribbean ... Leveraging Partnerships to Combat Corruption, Money Laundering, and Illicit Networks .... In the Cayman Islands, there have been six money-laundering convictions ...

Last edited by Space; 04-16-2013 at 05:59 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:23 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool

Good Morning EV1.
Thanks Mike for doing the Morning Blog!
Its....RAINING!
Gotta love Michigan.
Still trying to not smoke.
Still have the craveing ... Big Time!
When.... Does it get easier?
I was going to detail the Monte..
Guess it will just have to wait.
Despite its rusty spot..
Its hard to not get excited about it.
So,
When you see it...
Don't look at the rusty spot!
And admire its uniqueness. K?
Have a great day...

Old 04-16-2013, 06:32 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Space! my weekend means i have 2 days off in a row! Tuesday and Wednesday!

Yes David it's raining! Most people east of the Mississippi river will see rain today except for the Far east coast! Even some hefty thunderstorms possible for Kentucky and surrounding states!

Hearing more details about the bombing in Boston, it's just messed up! a shame people have to do this kinda thing to get noticed

Last edited by MnteCrloSS47; 04-16-2013 at 06:43 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:35 AM

Good Morning `David,
I'm sure that you have learned that nothing good in this life is easy...
Don't give `up on your goals...
Below is a reminder....GOOD LUCK 4-Sure \
10 STEPS TO HELP YOU TO QUIT SMOKING
Quit Smoking with Our Highly Recommended
Non-Smoker's Edge Program
See What's New on Our Web Site

<center><table border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0"></table></center>
<center><table border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="4" width="83%" bgColor="#ffffff"><tbody><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="685"><tbody><tr><td width="681">1. MAKE A DATE and stick to it. Draw up a plan of action, considering what methods are available to you.2. KEEP BUSY to help take your mind off cigarettes. Throw away all your ashtrays, lighters and tobacco.
3. DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS - keep a glass of water or juice by you and sip it steadily. Try different flavours.
4. GET MORE ACTIVE - . Exercise helps you relax and can boost your morale.
5. THINK POSITIVE - Withdrawal can be unpleasant, bit it is a sign your body is recovering from the effects of tobacco. Irritability, urges to smoke and poor concentration are common - don't worry, they usually disappear after a few of weeks. (I know `David, it seems like 4ever: )
6. CHANGE YOUR ROUTINE - Try to avoid the shop you usually buy cigarettes. Perhaps you should avoid the pub or the break room at work if there are lots of smokers around you. Try doing something totally different. Surprise yourself!
7. NO EXCUSES `David - Don't use a crisis or even good news to be an excuse for "just one cigarette" there is no such thing - you will soon want the next and the next....
8. TREAT YOURSELF - This is important. If you can, use the money you are saving by not smoking to buy yourself something special - big or small - that you usually would not have.

9. BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU EAT - Try not to snack on fatty foods. If you do need to snack, try fruit, raw vegetables or sugar free gum or sweets.
10. TAKE ONE DAY AT A TIME - each day without a cigarette is good news for your health, your family..and your pocket.
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></center>

Old 04-16-2013, 06:41 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Good Morning `David,
I'm sure that you have learned that nothing good in this life is easy...
Don't give `up on your goals...
Below is a reminder....GOOD LUCK 4-Sure \
Thanks Space for the encouragement...As well as the rules to help me quit!
be safe on your trip also...
Send us pics of you basking in the sun with some beach babes. K?...

Old 04-16-2013, 07:30 AM

Morning MCFers, just sitting outside the parts store this beautiful morning awaiting them to open... I need two wheel spacers and some recessed lugs, mY front wheels still rub a bit... it seems like I need a big brake conversion now... lol

Old 04-16-2013, 07:35 AM

Good Morning `Dustin,
Yes, changes can cost $'s to improve your Monte 4-Sure...I think your new rims are worth the investment...They look super on your 5th Gen Monte...I think a Big Brake conversion is always worth the $'s.

Keep us updated & Good Luck
=====================
`David, U R Welcome 4-Sure..."Don't give `up 4-Sure"

Old 04-16-2013, 07:51 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yep I changed the oil over the weekend. When I hit 1000 miles I'm gonna make a "review" thread of the new car. Don't worry. That will be this week lol

Just got the registration and plate on the car, took it in for inspection this morning.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:55 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good mornin' all.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Yep I changed the oil over the weekend. When I hit 1000 miles I'm gonna make a "review" thread of the new car. Don't worry. That will be this week lol

Just got the registration and plate on the car, took it in for inspection this morning.

Thanks `Mike for your reply We will be look'in 4ward 2 your review(s) + some of your Super pic's We must live vicariously by your posted words & the experiences of owning & driving a new 2013 Camaro LOL
==========================
Good Morning Seattle `Mike, what's happening on the west coast this morning...Is you Monte all ready for Spring & all the Shows this year ? Wish you & Member's a Great New Day p.s. Thanks for all your help & contributions on the MCF

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Tuesday, April 16th 2013