Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Thursday, May 3rd 2012

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 07:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

morning all another sunless day here in Michigan but it's warm out. Keane you just have to get used to sleeping more in the daytime because school and work take up the same amount of time as before. Once you adjust to the schedule you'll be fine. If you have a hard time sleeping because it's light out get thicker ''blackout'' curtains or cover the windows with aluminum foil.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:37 AM

Good Morning All,

Dreary looking day here. Got my old car out of the garage since it will likely rain most of the day.

Keane - Keep your sight on your goals at the end of school. Working and going to school is tough, but you can do it. Like you, I worked a night job for much of my time in school: 10pm to 6am, three nights a week, on the university 'Foot Patrol', walking around campus and ensuring buildings were secure.

Space - Cool pic of the stream at sunrise.

Have a great day everyone.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:40 AM

...Good Morning `Lou & `Dave, I wish you SunShine & Fun...
Just wait it will appear again...Until then,
George Harrison Playing Here Comes The Sun - YouTube

Click above & Sing along EnJoy your New `Day
Here's comes the Sun

Old 05-03-2012, 08:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone

Old 05-03-2012, 08:28 AM

Good morning everyone....Keane, good luck with your new schedule. The best advice I can give you is: SLEEP WHEN YOU CAN. Every new mother learns this lesson quickly - when a baby's sleeping, try to sleep yourself (even if its only for half an hour). It should get easier as each day goes by and you follow the new hours. Keep us posted!

Attached Thumbnails Thursday, May 3rd 2012-bedtime....jpg  
Old 05-03-2012, 08:33 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Morning Everyone, nm goin on here today, prob gonna tear into the GTO more

Old 05-03-2012, 08:50 AM

Good Morning Mod `Mike, Wish you a good day
====================================
Hi `Mike, thanks for starting our day...Wish you good luck & no prob's getting you GTO back on the road...Look'in 4ward to hearing it with your Headers 4-Sure....
============================================
Hi `Angie, good advice to `Keane....Your cartoon was funny..Do your pets sleep with you ? Wish you a Super New Day ~> EnJoy....p.s. Watch `Out 4 Peep'in Aliens ~>

I'm doing everything I can 2 stay awake this morning....
Only have a few hours to go & I'm thankful that I was able to connect 2 the `web 2day 4-Sure...
Peace/Happiness to the reader of my words...`Space

Attached Thumbnails Thursday, May 3rd 2012-angie.jpg  
Old 05-03-2012, 08:52 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Good Morning . Holy Smokes and I don't mean Tony Stewart either! WOW!! Did we get a lighting show this morning around 2:30 am for about 45 mins. DAMN SAM Very little Thunder or rain But the lighting woke us up out of a sound sleep. Like someone turned on all the lights in the house! Then couldn't get back to sleep till around 4:30 am. Just rolled out of bed around 8:15 took the trash out Its garbage day . Angie Nice picture Thats us and Ozzie trying to take over the bed . Ok shower & coffee. Later

Old 05-03-2012, 09:01 AM

Good morning, Space and Rick. The funny thing is that I have a queen-size bed and a 10-pound Yorkie who sleeps with me. Somehow he manages to turn sideways and stretch out in the middle of the mattress so that I find myself scooting closer to the edge during the night, rather than roll over and squash him. When I get close to falling off the edge of the bed, I get up and go around and get in the other side. If I'm really tired, I pull up the comforter and flip him back to his side. I discovered the hard way, Joe doesn't like me picking him up and moving him when he's snoozing. Maybe I'm letting my dog have too much power?????

(Can you post this picture of Joe in a larger size please? My Photobucket account is down right now)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^`Angie's Protector ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Attached Thumbnails Thursday, May 3rd 2012-time2monteup-010.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 05-03-2012 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Make pic large BowWoW LOL
Old 05-03-2012, 09:04 AM

Good Morning `Rick,
I can relate to lightning...Florida is the Capital of Lightning Strikes....To me it's beautiful & free Mother Natures fireworks display ...It can be very dangerous, but Life is dangerous.....4-Sure..EnJoy your New Day & don't 4-get to take your walk

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Thursday, May 3rd 2012