Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   THERE IS SALT ON MY BABY!!! (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/there-salt-my-baby-6818/)

BLACK ATTACK 12-07-2007 04:24 PM

THERE IS SALT ON MY BABY!!!

I am seriously bumming!!! There is road salt on MY BABY!!! and it is stupid to rinse it off with all the salt on the roads and the temps in the 30s, but it is driving me nuts!!!

kweef 12-07-2007 04:26 PM

RE: THERE IS SALT ON MY BABY!!!

ur not the only one...my car is half white and looks like crap

Cowboy6622 12-07-2007 04:37 PM

you need a banger to drive around in the winter :)

kweef 12-07-2007 04:55 PM

maybe i should by a honda or sumtin so my real car doesnt get dirty lol

scc24540 12-07-2007 05:22 PM

oh man i feel ya there, my car is from SC so it had all that extra coatings cos of all the salt content at the beach but shoot that road salt is some lethal crap. i highly reccomend and i cannot overstate this I HIGHLY RECCOMEND getting a 300 piece of crap something to drive in this type of weather. 300 bucks worth of crappy import vs destroying your paint and body is a serious investment

kweef 12-07-2007 05:31 PM

lol i like the words "crappy import"

Cowboy6622 12-07-2007 05:32 PM

plus you don't have to worry about crashing your regular car or anything... i remember when i ahd my old truck it was like if anything happend "o just screw it"

Taz 12-07-2007 05:32 PM

I hear ya Craig. Windsor sits ontop of a salt mine. I think they throw the stuff on the streets as fast as they dig the stuff up.

07MonteSS 12-07-2007 06:21 PM

well...welcome to winter...nothing to be suprised about

BLACK ATTACK 12-07-2007 06:27 PM

The only thing I can hope for is that the last six coats of Eagle One Nano Wax is holding strong...

odessadude 12-07-2007 07:10 PM

er uh could you-all send some snow down to Jawga. We are pretty dry down here and could use the precep![&o]

BLACK ATTACK 12-07-2007 07:36 PM

Me and Taz are sitting on the Great Lakes, we got plenty of water in all forms. I seriously wonder why the Feds have not seeded the clouds to produce more rain, but I now why -- lol.

It is not a pipe dream, the U.S. Gov has the capability to change the weather, the problem with that is, while they can change it, it may not be for the better. In other words, while they can create weather, they cannot fully control it and you may get more rain than the area can handle and floods can be created. Imagine that one... U.S. GOVERNMENT CREATES RAIN THAT KILLS 144, AND CAUSES $500 MILLION IN PROPERTY DAMAGE!
"Did you hear that?"
"Hear What?"
"The Sound of someone's political career just being flushed down the toilet!"
:D:D:D[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=innoc.gif][sm=lildevil.gif]

knightfan26917 12-08-2007 01:19 AM

Heh.

I was THRILLED when I returned the rental earlier this week that I had for my road trip (an '08 Buick LaCrosse), but was so not thrilled when it was snowing when I got the '87 MC LS back out again. Hmph ... failed at something else ... this time, getting a winter beater. Ah, well ... still time, of course.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Believe what you feel inside" ... Ronnie Milsap ... 'In Love'

Roodman03SS 12-08-2007 06:57 AM

Yeah I know what you mean, my car is two-tone at the moment: black on the top and white on the bottom. I was considering getting a winter beater but money constraints and space in the driveway have put a damper on that momentarily.

Oh well, that's the thing about living in the northeast: your cars get eaten alive[sm=sigh.gif]

k_johnston18 12-08-2007 12:51 PM

i hear all you guys im up in woodstock ontario its ****ty out but hey i got my dads truck to drive around luckly because he knows i don't want to drive my car around in the winter so its all good i have drove my MC for about 2 weekss now just drive my dads truck...

Epic 12-08-2007 02:04 PM

I know what you mean:(, damn Canadian winters lol

BillFromTR 12-08-2007 03:05 PM

ORIGINAL: BLACK ATTACK

The only thing I can hope for is that the last six coats of Eagle One Nano Wax is holding strong...
I was checking your pics ans WOW that is so clean. Your hard work really shows!

BLACK ATTACK 12-08-2007 04:23 PM

Why Thank You...

I have wet sanded every flaw out of the car, polished it until is was as smooth as glass, glazed it until it reflected light perfectly, then waxed it, and finallydressed it with the Eagle One Nano spray wax which is like a teflon coating -- because nothing sticks to it.

There is literally,over a 1/32" thickness in wax.

Cowboy6622 12-08-2007 05:59 PM

as crazy as what Craig said sounded earlier, about how weather can be manipulated.... i've actually heard thats true...

theres some top secret military base in Alaska that is supposebly able to change weather.

07MonteSS 12-08-2007 09:14 PM

don't get me wrong...the salt is bad...but what are you gonna do when its the only car you have to drive...don't think it is that big a tragedy

BLACK ATTACK 12-08-2007 09:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

as crazy as what Craig said sounded earlier, about how weather can be manipulated.... i've actually heard thats true...

theres some top secret military base in Alaska that is supposebly able to change weather.
Sure Cowboy... So you think I'm crazy...:D

The U.S. has been playing with weather since the 1950s, and at one point tried to control Hurricanes, but that didn't pan out all that well. We can make it rain (that is a fact), we can change a storm's direction (to a degree), but what we cannot do is fully control it. If we could... there would be no more hurricanes or tornados in the U.S. Unless there has been some major breakthroughs in the last two years that are top secret.

BLACK ATTACK 12-09-2007 08:21 AM

ORIGINAL: 07MonteSS

don't get me wrong...the salt is bad...but what are you gonna do when its the only car you have to drive...don't think it is that big a tragedy
Oh... I fully understand it's life, get use to it, and grin and bare it. The white stuff washes off -- while ugly, I can live with that...

But, what I hate the most is that distinctive sound of ROCK SALT bouncing off my car, because I know each hit is creating a impact mark, scratch or worse.

Taz 12-09-2007 03:46 PM

I feel exactly the same when I hear rock salt hitting any car I owned. Even in school, when I owned an old Cavalier hatchback. I always took pride in keeping my car in top shape. My dad always told me "Take car of your car, and it will take care of you." The Monte came with a ton of stone chips from the dealership. Mostly on the front end, but I found a few on the roof and trunk too. All because the dealership's lot is gravel. I can't beleive a GM dealership would still have a gravel lot. But now I'm getting off topic. (haha):D

As of yesterday, Dale Jr. was covered in salt. He needed to go on a strict no sodium diet.;)
Luckily today it's been nothing but freezing rain all day. So now the salt is washed off, but it's replaced with a coating of ice. The Monte is rather cold right now.

07MonteSS 12-09-2007 08:48 PM

ORIGINAL: BLACK ATTACK

ORIGINAL: 07MonteSS

Oh... I fully understand it's life, get use to it, and grin and bare it. The white stuff washes off -- while ugly, I can live with that...

But, what I hate the most is that distinctive sound of ROCK SALT bouncing off my car, because I know each hit is creating a impact mark, scratch or worse.

Dude you should so live out here then!...there are rocks the size of fists on the streets...they barely clean up the sand from the winter...and you can not drive a mile and thereare rocks dinging of your car!..

AwesomeSS 12-10-2007 11:46 AM

My Mini Cooper S looks like a giant salt lick LOL! White from head to toe (I wish I didn't get a black car but I had no choice - bought a left over 06 and pickins were slim)

Taz 12-10-2007 11:57 AM

Uh-Oh. I think you may have stirred up all the black-car fans. lol :D

Revitupfaster 12-10-2007 01:25 PM

I know how you feel Craig. I ran my new truck through one of those 5$ fast washes yesterday, spent about 1/2 hour in one of the do-it-yourself bays drying it off, damn near froze my fingers off wringing out the chamois. Got her home and into the garage.

Left for work this morning, and we had just a dusting of snow lat night, so of course the roads have just that little bit of wettness, and now the truck looks just like it did before I washed it.

Oh well, she was clean overnight, and now it only has one layer of scum on it instead of 3 or 4. Keep the faith, this crap doesn't last forever.

Cowboy6622 12-10-2007 01:28 PM

if ti makes you feel better... its 80 degrees in NC today

BLACK ATTACK 12-10-2007 01:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

if ti makes you feel better... its 80 degrees in NC today
CUTE! REAL CUTE!!! Smart Asre in every group!!!;):D

Revitupfaster 12-10-2007 01:38 PM

No, that doesn't make me feel better. I will be going to Florida for 4 weeks in February. That will make me feel better. The Monte at least will be out of this crap.

Thanks for at leasttrying to cheer us up Cowboy.