Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Sunday, April 14, 2013

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 10:18 AM

Good Morning `Amy,
Have you noticed that several of our Monte Carlo Family member's are getting Mustangs or want to get one They must be addicting

When will you get your Monte out of storage ? Wish you sunshine & clean/clear Roads...

Wish everyone a Super SunDay > EnJoy 4-Sure

Old 04-14-2013, 10:23 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The Mustang is a really fun car to drive and I know I made the right decision in purchasing one. Space the weather here is still horrible. I want to get Precious out of storage the first weekend in May but that might be delayed a bit.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning all, nothing going on today, white crap comming down from the sky again.... Really bumming me out,

Going to spend some time cleaning up maybe start packing some stuff up

Old 04-14-2013, 10:27 AM

Thanks `Amy for your reply...
How many shows will you be entering this year ?
Will you show your Mustang also ?
Are you going to be judging any auto shows this year ?

We will be looking forward to your posts + your super pic's
Hopefully your Chicago weather will improve...Good Luck > EnJoy
================================
Hi `Justin, sorry the snow prevented you from your detail `job : (
Wish U a E.Z. Sunday & time with `Jack & family...

Old 04-14-2013, 10:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good day ev1.
Feeling ruff..
Rheumatoid arthritis...
Has me down and out for the count..
Today is bed rest med day...
It suxs to be me today..
Because this disease is very crippleing!!!
Maybe, I will be functional tomorrow?
Good thing Lizzy got off work early today to help me ...
I feel like such a Burdon to her when my body fails me due to the RA.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:49 AM

Hi `David, sorry to read about your pains

10 Tips For Dealing With Pain | Everyday Tips and Thoughts...
click above

Old 04-14-2013, 10:57 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

There's not too many shows I will be entering my cars in this year. I'm going to go to the shows and hang out, but I really don't need any more $15 plastic trophies and I probably will help judge too. Most likely I will be taking the Mustang to more shows than the Monte but it depends on the weather. There are a couple of shows that have a "future classics" best of class and I will probably enter the Monte in those shows. That is the only chance I have to win a "best of" because all of the shows in my area are geared more for older cars. I even tried to enter my Monte in the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals and I got turned down. Sometimes it kinda sucks to own newer "show cars".

Old 04-14-2013, 12:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Well I'm running late this morning . Is it still Morning ....10:03 here right now.. Went to a Biker bar up in the Hills of Cave Creek, Az. Its the ending of Bike week here in AZ. Man O man some Beautiful Hot Rod Harley's out last night. DAMN 42 inch front wheels look so Badass! Going to send my bud Dave in Mi some pic's hope to cheer him up today. Hang in there Stumpmi . You have a lot on your plate everyday. That most of us take for granded. KEEP UP the GOOD FIGHT ... We got back late alst night and then took Ozzie out for a walk. 81 degrees at 11 pm .. Can't stay on long Have to LET THE DOGS OUT ha ha ha.Then hit Sam's club for gas. $ 3:35 for gas there. Not here near me either but close to my brother in laws. Wife just walked in wants to go to breakfast . Who am I to . Now I really have to GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO seeeeeeeeee YA

Old 04-14-2013, 01:41 PM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Afternoon every one
I haven't had the chance to get on here lately with the have to pack an find a place to live.It's looking like we will be floating around for a few weeks before get a place.Looks like lease to own is our best option right now.No pets being our biggest problemNot going to give up the cats or dog.

Old 04-14-2013, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Space

Good Morning `Joe & thanks for your reply...
Let your grass grow & get `out there & drive your new G.T.
Is it a auto or stick ? It looks mean & I will be looking 4ward to seeing more pic's + your review....EnJoy....Happy 4 U 4-Sure

Oh, is yours a 2014 GT ? I did not know they were out already (WoW)
Space,

It is a six speed.

I liked the way the Vette shifted better as well as the gear ratio. For cruising I am in 5th at 40 mph. It seems to handle pretty good. It has a higher center of gravity than the Vette and the weight is not balanced front to rear as good but to be expected since the transmission is in the rear of a Vette.

I took a corner pretty fast yesterday and the rear started to slide a little. The tires are much skinnier and not a sticky as the Vette. The Vette had performance summer tires and this car has all season.

This is all to be expected from a car 15k cheaper than the vette. Not having a payment makes it worth it to me. I will be making some mods down the road a ways.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Sunday, April 14, 2013