Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Special Trucks

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 09:44 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by brendan127
They were just concept, this is the actual outcome of the truck..

I've heard of going retro. But that's pretty good. Looks just like an old truck. I'd never think it was a 2013 model.

One of my neighbours has one of those Harley trucks. Nice looking truck.

Old 05-29-2012, 02:15 AM

My fav truck is the ford f150 with the 300 6. You cannot break that motor. If I went new it would probably be either the raptor or the dodge with the laramie longhorn package. Looks so awesome inside and out but the 1500 starts at 43k in 2x4 lol. never going to happen and I have nothing to haul anyway.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

anybody see the new toyota tundra that is lifted? wow that thing is a beast. makes my jeep looks tiny. the front grill is so intimidating when you look back in the rear view mirror and see it's riding behind you. i saw couple around the city and oh wow im real impress with the tundra. i like the ford raptor too that's so bad too. if i ever buy a pick up i want a 01-02 silverado 2500 HD regency and jack that up with 37" mt tires.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:05 AM
Default Get outa my `way....or I'll run U over (LOL)

Old 05-30-2012, 07:58 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If they intend on selling this to the off road market, I would hope they did it right. And not just stuck a lift kit on the stock Tundra.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

anyone remember the ole chevy LUV truck?

If you ask me....

Chevy has always been the truck of choice..regardless of what they called it...

Chevy trucks have always been the most reliable tough trucks on the road!

Chevy Toughness equals......Baseball, Apple Pie and Chevrolet...

No other Manufacturer can say that!

Chevrolets have been Manufacturer Champions for more years...Than any other Manufacturer.....in history....

Thats why "Chevrolet" doesnt have to play dress up with there Trucks!

Thats just my opinion....And My Belief....

See the U.S.A. in a Chevrolet!

Old 05-30-2012, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
If they intend on selling this to the off road market, I would hope they did it right. And not just stuck a lift kit on the stock Tundra.

Lou, found the below on the War Warrior...I think it's a great Truck `if you drive in heavy-crazy traffic & you want to `go to War with some A-hole Drivers ~> LOL

I'd drive it 4-Sure...
The available TRD Rock Warrior Special Edition package combines a tough off-road look with rugged off-road capability. Available only as a 4x4, the truck includes Bilstein® shock absorbers and 17-inch TRD Rock Warrior forged alloy wheels with LT285/70 R17 BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO tires. The package is available in Black, Radiant Red, Magnetic Gray Metallic or Super White exterior colors with color-keyed front bumper and grille surround with matte black rear bumper. The Rock Warrior Tundra is also equipped with fog lamps, privacy glass and front bucket seats with eight-way adjustable driver's seat, four-way adjustable front passenger seat and black fabric-trimmed seating surfaces. New for 2012, the package adds an auto-dimming rearview mirror with integrated backup camera display, compass, and HomeLink® universal transceiver.
Toyota | 2012 Toyota Tundra Provides Outstanding Value and Dependability in the Full-Size Pickup Segment
^^Source link above ^^

Old 05-30-2012, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI

If you ask me....

Chevrolets have been Manufacturer Champions for more years...Than any other Manufacturer.....in history....

Stumpi I remember the Chevy Luv truck. It was a captive import built by Isuzu and sold by Chevy. Chevy has had some nifty advertising slogans and Chevy has been a part of the American landscape for over a hundred years. As far as trucks are concerned Ford has had the best selling truck since the late seventies. When it comes to motorsports and championships, Chevy does the same thing as the New York Yankees. If you continue to throw money at something like it is never ending then results will follow. Chevy supports more teams and has more Chevy branded cars on the track than all the other manufacturers combined. With that much money spend it doesn't seem fair to the rest.
The other manufactures don't have an endless money pit so they use marketing and technology to boost sales.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:47 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

If you ask me....

Chevy trucks are not very reliable, my 06 seen the shop more than the road aswell as the 98 i had but ford or dodge isnt much better, but our 11 Ram 3500 was a beast

Old 05-30-2012, 04:10 PM

If you ask me....

Meh Ford had everyone beat in manufactering for a long time.

Mopar had so much more power then everyone else in the late 60s early 70s they were the only ones limitied to a single four barrel carb in nascar were ford and gm ran duals. Hence why the 6 pack intake came out.

And Chevy took the biggest bailout of the big 3 here recently.

Ford has its toughness. Mopar has the power. Chevy is the cheapest to work on and gets the best gas mileage. To each is own but all the companies have had thier ups and downs no one company is the best.

Oh and Chevy no longer has positrak axels so even if you get a 4x4 its 2 wheel drive its not advertised but its the truth. One front and one back tire is all that will spin. My Uncle has a 2010 and we found this out while hunting.

Quick Reply: Special Trucks