Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, March 1st, 2014

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 08:53 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning mcf. Today its supposed to hit in the 40s but then fall and snow later and tomorrow. Oh well at least it is Saturday and no work for me.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:55 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone!!

Old 03-01-2014, 09:29 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Good Morning EV1!
Keane:
Thanks for starting the Daily Members Blog!.
No specific plans for today.

I was certainly an honor to have been MOTM for February and to be on the 2014 Calendar... Compared to the other Months of the year... I feel kinda jipped.... There is only 28 days this past February....
Compared to the standard 30 or 31 days....LMAO

Hope today eve1 has a Great Day and Weekend!
Come on Spring!

Old 03-01-2014, 10:07 AM

Happy Saturday everyone,
I'm just hanging around today waiting for spring to get here...
We have our warmest day in a long time, and looks like its going to be the warmest for a long time to come.
So, I should really get out and clean the Monte, the interior is a mess.
OK, now that I've said that, I'm on it...

Old 03-01-2014, 10:30 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Good morning everyone.

My band will be on local tv tonight, we were invited to do a palliative care telethon and we are the last band of the evening tonight, and we are gonna rock the h$%^ out of them judging from the list of the other bands on the bill we definitely stand out lol

Hope everyone enjoys their day

Old 03-01-2014, 10:37 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014

Good morning everyone... Hope today is a great day for you... Junior, it looks like it took 2500 years, but February is now extended...... I wanted to repost my feelings on MOTM from last night as it was quite late on the West Coast and it didn't see the light of day...

Good evening everyone... Well, I got the biggest kick out of seeing my Monte on every blog for 28 days, darn, no leap year this year...... Sharing my time with Junior has been a blast... I truly hope I have represented the MCF to it's highest standard and look forward to seeing the next MOTM Embassador... It really has been a thrill of a life time with my number 1 hobby - cars (machines)... I wish all past and future recipients of this honour all the best and have fun with it as it is very fleeting and before you know it, it's gone... But the incredible memories remain... Cheers to one of the best forums, with the best people and the most beautiful machines...

Last edited by Crusader SS; 03-01-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:40 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014

Originally Posted by ohara
Good morning everyone.

My band will be on local tv tonight, we were invited to do a palliative care telethon and we are the last band of the evening tonight, and we are gonna rock the h$%^ out of them judging from the list of the other bands on the bill we definitely stand out lol

Hope everyone enjoys their day
That's awesome Ken...... If you can, please post a link to it afterwards...

Old 03-01-2014, 10:46 AM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

We are trying to find someone to record it for us, as everyone I know has a satellite and doesn't have good old cogeco cable lol,

The one year we played there was a guy there video taping everyone for free and gave us a dvd of our performance afterwards all edited and done nicely, I still have it and use it from time to time to help get gigs. If we can get our hands on any footage I will upload to you tube, we have some music on there now but it is just a photo of us while our music is playing (we did blow at high dough by the Tragically Hip, they come from Kingston which is just about 40 minutes up the road from me, I hope you have heard of them lol as you are Canadian) but tonight I am going to throw in an original or two of my own

Old 03-01-2014, 12:48 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Here is a link to the palliative care website, they have us listed as Red Lines and our bands name is Redline lol, we told the promoters but it was too late by the time the mistake was caught, but they are going to say sorry tonight during the performance.

http://30hourtelethon.ca/

and here is a link to us doing a cover of an eagles tune

and us doing Blow at High Dough, forgive the City Limits skin on the drum that was our previous band name lol, but the drummer's ex girlfriend (how do you get a drummer to leave the party? pay him for the pizza lol) put them up and only had old pics to use

Last edited by ohara; 03-01-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:55 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

afternoon all, spent my time after work removing everything from my 97 monte, kept saying i had to wait until it got warm. Guess high 20's and windy was warm enough. Maybe now i can sell it.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Saturday, March 1st, 2014