Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Member's BLOG: Saturday, July 14th 2012 (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/saturday-july-14th-2012-a-37722/)

MillerMonteSS 07-14-2012 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte (Post 477721)
You need to watch Harold & Kumar Christmas in 3D its amazing best 3D in a movie so far

Don't get me started on Harold and Kumar! Short story...

I worked at White Castle from November of 1999 through July of 2006. Out came Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. Cute... Then I joined the Army and became a military police corrections officer. First duty station? Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. A few months into the deployment... Harold and Kumar go to Guantanamo Bay! Are you freaking kidding me? I was really looking for Harold and Kumar to go to Fort Sill, Oklahoma or Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. Can't do them anymore. Not after "c*** meat sandwiches". It was just a little too far over the top for me.

The TV is LG brand. My old one was a JVC. The old one was a DLP style and the technology is a little old now. This TV is LED/LCD and I can search Google with it. Netflix is built right into the TV. It's kind of weird. Eventually I will get a lot bigger one. I love my gaming. The 3D thing, I will rarely use. It's all of the other features that sold me on the set. It was tied between this one with a 120 hz refresh rate and all of the apps. Or... The Sony with 240 hz refresh, but no apps. The Sony only had 2 HDMI inputs, so I went with this one.

Leprechaun93 07-14-2012 07:59 PM

We have a 46" samsung LED smart tv here. Its amazing how many features they crammed into it. Netflix we use the most on it, but i like controlling the tv from my smartphone:thumbsup:

STUMPMI 07-14-2012 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS (Post 477667)
Good Morning all you early risers. Just having breakfast & coffee. Then off to go grocery shopping. Then looking for my next monitor for my pc. No so busy of a day. But things that have to be done. No outside activty today. Had enough of that on saturday. Took apart the swing on the deck and sanded that down and re painted it. Then took some shrubs to the dump. Plus its suppose to be 91 & Humid. So if it doesn't include A/C I'm not doing it:rotfl:. Too many toys inside to play with. My New phone, Our Kindle, and the PC and the 62 in the family room. Hope everyone has a great saturday. I'll check in later with all of you. Space I can't see you. Your all blury :rotfl: Stumpmi see if you can take some pic's of the car show in A.A.:thumbsup:

Matt posted Pics from AA...Great Pics!

03JGMonte 07-14-2012 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by MillerMonteSS (Post 477752)
Don't get me started on Harold and Kumar! Short story...

I worked at White Castle from November of 1999 through July of 2006. Out came Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. Cute... Then I joined the Army and became a military police corrections officer. First duty station? Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. A few months into the deployment... Harold and Kumar go to Guantanamo Bay! Are you freaking kidding me? I was really looking for Harold and Kumar to go to Fort Sill, Oklahoma or Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. Can't do them anymore. Not after "c*** meat sandwiches". It was just a little too far over the top for me.

The TV is LG brand. My old one was a JVC. The old one was a DLP style and the technology is a little old now. This TV is LED/LCD and I can search Google with it. Netflix is built right into the TV. It's kind of weird. Eventually I will get a lot bigger one. I love my gaming. The 3D thing, I will rarely use. It's all of the other features that sold me on the set. It was tied between this one with a 120 hz refresh rate and all of the apps. Or... The Sony with 240 hz refresh, but no apps. The Sony only had 2 HDMI inputs, so I went with this one.

Gotta admit that is pretty funny though

So has anyone seen the new Viper RPM gauge its badass when u go into redline
http://www.drivesrt.com/assets/revea...-viper-pt2.jpg

DRuben 07-14-2012 08:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)
What a day... I woke up this morning like a child on Christmas morning. Around noon I finished up all the paperwork and took home a 2011 Chevy Silverado LS. It has the vortec 4.8 and Im in love with it. I ended up keeping the Monte and I will probably sell it in a couple of months. I named him after my old F250, Marlo.

Leprechaun93 07-14-2012 08:29 PM

Anyone think this chevy dealer has a rather unique name:rolleyes:

DuBois Chevrolet Buick dealer | Kuntz Chevrolet Buick in Punxsutawney, PA | Clearfield Chevrolet Buick dealer

77gp 07-14-2012 08:41 PM

Never went to the auction, called up there and they had a reserve but couldn't tell me what it was, guy wasn't there yet. So, I figured if it had a reserve, it probably was too high for me...

AwesomeSS 07-14-2012 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by DRuben (Post 477765)
What a day... I woke up this morning like a child on Christmas morning. Around noon I finished up all the paperwork and took home a 2011 Chevy Silverado LS. It has the vortec 4.8 and Im in love with it. I ended up keeping the Monte and I will probably sell it in a couple of months. I named him after my old F250, Marlo.

Congrats on the new ride! :thumbsup:

monte carlo 3831 07-14-2012 11:08 PM

I guess my recent purchase of a 47 inch TV is kinda small.......:o I think it will do OK in my living room?

Ricks 2006 SS 07-14-2012 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by DRuben (Post 477765)

CONGRAT'S ON THE new TRUCK........ lOOKS GREAT:thumbsup: