Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

RULES: Bi-Monthly Themed Monte Photo Competition

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 02:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RULES: Bi-Monthly Themed Monte Photo Competition

So lets try to get everyone on the same page, as the last one being the first time, we all kind of were just feeling things out. Here are the ground rules and if you submit a photo you are agreeing to the terms. I pulled some of these off of other sites, others I just winged them. Anyone see any discrepancies or things to be added or deleted??

CONTEST RULES:
1. Before the current winner would have to run the next weeks contest, that may have been a turn off to some potential participants. So I will run the weekly contest and keep the new weeks competition current. BUT ALL THE OTEHR RULES NEED TO BE READ AND UNDERSTOOD. Anyone who needs things clarified please ask. The new contest will start this Monday. There will be 2 contests per month. Hopefully I can stay on top of this and live up to my commitment or pawn it off to another member if my work schedule gets to terribly frustrating.

2. Posts in the Entry thread will be limited to entries ONLY. No comments allowed on the submission thread, helps keep things clean. Comments will be allowed on the voting thread, such as why you like the photo etc. So NO comments on submission thread, comments are allowed and encouraged on the voting thread.

3. Each photo must be taken by the member entering it and MUST include the member's car. Editing is allowed only to make the photo more viewable (contrast, sharpen, re-size) or to blur license plate if desired. If it is determined that editing outside of these exceptions was done, the contestant will be disqualified from that weeks contest and will not be eligible to participate the following week.

4. The photo submitted cannot be more than 3 months old and you cannot use the same photo twice.

5. A member can win consecutive weeks, who will upset their winning streak?

6. A maximum number of 6 entrants per contest. First come first serve

7.You cannot change your entry, so submit your best photo.

8.Voting will take place in a 5 day voting thread.

9.Voting should be based how well the contestant executed the weeks photo theme.

10.In the case of a tie, the photos that tie will be voted on again in a one-day vote-off. In case of a 2nd tie, the staff will declare dual winners.

11. A thread with suggestions for themes will be stickied for member's idea contributions. The winner can reference that thread if they cannot come up with a theme idea, or may ask the forum for theme suggestions by creating a new thread, keeping the deadline in mind.

12. A sticky will be created for all the bi-monthly winners and their theme.

TIMELINE:

Deadline for entries:

Contest starts on the 1st and 3rd Monday every month.

Submissions must be in by the following Sunday 12pm PST.

Voting thread will be created by the following Monday (next day)12pm PST.

Winner declared on the following Saturday after a 5 day voting thread.

Following weeks contest and theme thread will be STARTED BY THE WINNER no later than the following Monday 12pm PST.

So in a nut shell here is the monthly time line:

1st Monday: Winner starts by naming the new themed photo idea
Following Sunday : 6 days of submissions, last accepted till 12pm PST
Monday (Next day): Voting thread Started by 12pm PST
Following Friday: Contest ends after 5 days voting 12pm PST
Saturday (next day): Winner declared
Monday (3rd): Winner starts by naming new themed photo idea

It is critical for the success of this contest the winner be timely in submitting their new theme thread by the deadline. If you can see you are winning, don't wait till the last second to come up with a new theme for the NEXT WEEKS CONTEST you will be submitting, least you have a brain drain and cannot come up with a theme. Lets hope this will be something all the members can enjoy and see how creative the submissions can be.

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 04-27-2015 at 11:53 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 02:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member

So does another one start today? Did I miss the thread?

Old 08-04-2014, 02:53 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb
So does another one start today? Did I miss the thread?
Hello bud, yes a new one did start just a few minutes ago. Hope to see you involved for sure...

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 04-27-2015 at 11:28 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member

Ah, gotcha I just wasn't sure. Hopefully the weather will cooperate lol

Old 04-27-2015, 11:47 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Well dug these contest rules up, blew off the thin layer of dust, modified the 1st rule and lets see where this goes. Would love for it to get a few participants each week. The new contest will start next Monday. THE NEW THEME WE ARE SUBMITTING FOR IS:

MAY FLOWERS: Submit your best photo of your Monte near, next to, driving over, covered with flowers. Come up with some concept for your Monte around some flowers. Not bushes, tree's but flowers be it one or 500. Get busy, only 6 entrants per contest.

PLEASE GO TO THE 1ST POST THIS THREAD AND FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH THE RULES, THANKS SO VERY MUCH, Lets have some cool photo's Ladies and Gents......

Old 04-28-2015, 03:59 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Red face

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Well dug these contest rules up, blew off the thin layer of dust, modified the 1st rule and lets see where this goes. Would love for it to get a few participants each week. The new contest will start next Monday. THE NEW THEME WE ARE SUBMITTING FOR IS:

MAY FLOWERS: Submit your best photo of your Monte near, next to, driving over, covered with flowers. Come up with some concept for your Monte around some flowers. Not bushes, tree's but flowers be it one or 500. Get busy, only 6 entrants per contest.

PLEASE GO TO THE 1ST POST THIS THREAD AND FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH THE RULES, THANKS SO VERY MUCH, Lets have some cool photo's Ladies and Gents......
Ok I got mine taken, it is tough to find some flowers around, if I would drive up on the Lawn there were two places.
So do I post the Photo here or do I wait for a new thread indication the start of the contest or ?????????????are we waiting for the first of the Month??

Old 04-28-2015, 04:00 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

LOL all of our flowers froze and fell off the other night...LOL Guess I will take my fake ones in the vase and set them on the car so I can participate in this one...LOL
drivernumber3, I believe posting begins Monday

Old 04-28-2015, 10:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Talking

Originally Posted by P343
LOL all of our flowers froze and fell off the other night...LOL Guess I will take my fake ones in the vase and set them on the car so I can participate in this one...LOL
drivernumber3, I believe posting begins Monday
Ok I was just checking sometimes if you don't look at the dates on the threads you can be off several months. I just wanted to get it done while the Rules were fresh in my mind, #17 where you have to stand on one foot only holding the flowers while you take the picture was tough but I did it, . Just kidding around... This should be fun.
I know what you mean about the froze off. Been trying to get the little jobs done around here but the Mornings have been colder and windy so I don't get started till noon or so. Usually the little old ladies have the nice looking flowers out but this year just a few Tulips.
Tomorrow is flower shopping day this is an annual event and clears up the gifts for the Birthday and Mothers Day.

Old 04-29-2015, 01:49 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2015
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Ok I was just checking sometimes if you don't look at the dates on the threads you can be off several months.
Happens to me a lot. I'll be looking at threads and then notice, oh this is from 5 years ago!

Old 04-30-2015, 09:29 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

BUMP BUMP, I will start the thread this week end for this new round of photo competition which starts Monday.

The theme is "May Flowers" get your Monte out and shoot some pictures with some sort of flowers incorporated in to the picture with your Monte.

Was going to do something like "April showers" and a body of water, fountain etc. but it's too late, April 2015 has passed us by forever...

Who ever wins, gets to pick the next photo theme,

Quick Reply: RULES: Bi-Monthly Themed Monte Photo Competition