Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   The QuickLube Horror Stories.... (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/quicklube-horror-stories-27797/)

Cowboy6622 04-26-2011 04:52 PM

The QuickLube Horror Stories....

So I don't have one... but reading this thread on the Torino forum just made me mad... and will make you mad too. I'd like to read some stories here to get me pissed off at Jiffy Lube too. So here is the Torino thread...

TorinoCobra.com - Torino and Cyclone Technical Forum - View topic - So I went for an oil change and...

Basically, it's about quicklube places either unintentionally screwing up a job or intentionally trying to scam you. I think my favorite is the guy who tries to tell another guy his Torino needs a new transmission pan gasket because it's leaking fluid everywhere and the guy says "Funny, my car is a 4 speed, it has no transmission pan."

So let's hear your stories....

And like I always say, if you let someone else do it, you don't know if they'll do a bad job or not, whereas if you do it yourself, you know.

MillerMonteSS 04-26-2011 05:13 PM

Wow... I would lose my MIND!

red04montels 04-26-2011 05:34 PM

that's crazy, people are really dumb sometimes.

we should make a thread around here that has stories like this, they're interesting to read and hear how ridiculous people are.

lougreen03 04-26-2011 06:37 PM

Yep I'll stick to doing it myself for sure now. My friends drain plug fell out on the highway after a 10 min oil change. Happened about 2 days later but of course it wasn't there fault.

Cowboy6622 04-26-2011 06:54 PM

YEah I was htinking we could share the stories here.... like I say though, don't have any myself, and after reading that, don't think I will unless I'm injured and can't do it.

Outlaw35 04-28-2011 12:55 PM

Couple weeks ago a kid at my shop did an oil change and didn't put the oil cap on, 40 mins after the girl left our shop her car caught fire and burned up (totaled) kid got fired and company had to pay for the car $13,000 it was a Scion TC cant remember what year.

The_Maniac 04-28-2011 01:54 PM

I know two people that had oil filters fall off (one filter, per the invoice was the WRONG part number to begin with).
I know another guy with a Dodge intrepid, had his coolant flushed at one quick change while getting his oil changed. Next time he took it to another shop they said he had the wrong color fluid and needed the "orange stuff" that the green stuff was bad on his engine (and he just opened his wallet and told them to fix it).

I prefer doing the stuff myself (then I have myself to blame if the job was done wrong). Plus a lot of these places hire kids who just don't pay attention (talking or texting on cell phones, more concerned with what they are doing after work then if the drain plug is snug)....

Outlaw35 04-28-2011 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac (Post 320272)
Plus a lot of these places hire kids who just don't pay attention (talking or texting on cell phones, more concerned with what they are doing after work then if the drain plug is snug)....

This is exactly the problem i have at my shop

skylark65 04-29-2011 01:31 PM

my dad has always done the maintinence on all of our vehicles, scince he's a mechanic. but we still got to deal with a- hole shops when it came time for inspection. like the one that backed my mom's caprice wagon out of the shop and smashed all the doorhanels, mirror and most of the trim off the drivers side, then failed it for having no mirror or doorhandels, telling her it was like that when it came in to them.

Enzo354 04-30-2011 11:55 AM

Thats all just ridiculous, Ive taken mine to local shops before and a great certified dealer, but Im just sticking to it myself now that its warm enough to get under the car now.

After all of the oil stories, it makes me glad I have a pressure gauge. I feel bad for the people with only a light that comes on at the lowest psi possible.