Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Photobucket work around, different site hosting. (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/photobucket-work-around-different-site-hosting-58750/)

ZIPPY02 08-14-2017 09:36 PM

Photobucket work around, different site hosting.

As many of us have been discovering the picture hosting site "Photo Bucket" now requires a annual fee of $399. This will permit one to store their photo's on their site and upload photos to forums etc. For as much as I don't use PhotoBucket the $400 fee is quite outrageous. They are even blocking old images with a notice to update your account.

A new site (POSTIMAGES) I have came across seems to work quite well for me in that it uploads photos very fast and even has a "Forum" friendly Hot link for posting photo's. You can have your own galleries and such. So this was my work around, seems to suite my needs just fine... and it is FREE :thumbsup:

See the link below for a chance to look it over and determine if it is right for your needs.

https://postimages.org/

Nice large images too!!
https://s3.postimg.org/pvizg3qpv/DSCF7491.jpg

hamerhead 08-15-2017 04:24 PM

great find, I was not going to pay the $399. like you I do not use photo bucket, to many adds.

wht02monte 08-15-2017 05:33 PM

Another good one is tinypic.com...

Its the one i use when needed and have used for years..

Simple, no account needed, free storage if you do have an account..

The_Maniac 08-15-2017 06:56 PM

All good finds. Just keep in mind these sites can change can change there terms of use at any time like photobucket did. I have seen it many times over from picture hosting, free web space for a web site and many others.
Also some of these sites use bandwidth throttling or additional advertising the slows your ability to load pages on different forums.

I still advocate uploading the photo to a forum when you can (as long as the forum stays so does the pic, and no additional advertising or bandwidth throttling is done).

ZIPPY02 08-17-2017 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac (Post 705543)
All good finds. Just keep in mind these sites can change can change there terms of use at any time like photobucket did. I have seen it many times over from picture hosting, free web space for a web site and many others.
Also some of these sites use bandwidth throttling or additional advertising the slows your ability to load pages on different forums.

I still advocate uploading the photo to a forum when you can (as long as the forum stays so does the pic, and no additional advertising or bandwidth throttling is done).

Nice information to remember, thanks.

I sometimes struggle to upload pictures directly to the forum. However recently I did successfully update my garage. How would I use the garage photos on a thread? When I copied and pasted the photos failed to appear and only posted as links tot he photos in the garage. Any enlightenment? Thanks Maniac...

The_Maniac 08-19-2017 09:05 AM

The internet brands garage talk app for your phone makes it pretty easy to upload photos to the forum.

ZIPPY02 08-20-2017 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac (Post 705629)
The internet brands garage talk app for your phone makes it pretty easy to upload photos to the forum.

While it is nice that an app like that is available it is unfortunately of no use to me as I still use my trusty 2005 Nokia 6263 flip phone...:rotfl: and therefore have no app usage. Any other way to upload photo's directly to a thread or transfer from the garage to a thread? Where the picture is up and posted and it is not a link to the garage photo?

The_Maniac 08-20-2017 10:56 PM

I know you can use a mobile browser to access MCF. It used to require going to m.montecarloforum.com, but I think the forum now auto-detects the browser and adjusts accordingly).
But from a mobile browser I am not sure. I am even less sure if you use a non-smartphone (as I would assume the browser on a non-smartphone has less features).

Side note, as I understand from Internet Brands, I believe they are doing away with the Garage feature. But I have not heard much on that topic. You can still upload pics to a specific post (really handy when explaining a project/repair/mod, any kind of guide).

ZIPPY02 08-21-2017 01:02 AM

Okay, no problem, it has always been one of those things for me, that is why I used the Photobucket route.

My non-smart phone has like zero browser, no way to load anything to its 2 pixel camera... :eek: I bet it is my tin-foil hat disrupting the signals. :eek::nono::cool::wtf::eek:

Going to be weird if the garage feature is done away with.

Thanks again Jason! :thumbsup:

turbo monte 08-26-2017 02:05 PM

I was always a big Photobucket guy. Now I see how they screwed thousands on just taking down the pics unless paying I will only upload direct to the forums from now on, even if the pic only shows up as a little thumbnail as I can't figure out how to do anything else lol