Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Hi

Old 10-25-2011, 12:07 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Hi

Man have I been busy.

For one, last week my parents took my 3 older sisters and I on a paid vacation to the beach. Atlantic Beach, N. Carolina.

We left saturday the 15th and got home sunday the 23rd. My parents paid for everything. They even rented a 2012 Chysler minivan to drive on the trip.

In 1983 my parents bought a condo in Atlantic Beach. So having a place to stay was no problem.

This was my first trip back there since 1991. And the first trip we've taken as a family since I was in grade school. No kids, no spouses, just the 6 of us. (did I mention I'm the youngest?)

The weather was great. Close to 80 and sunny every day. Wednesday a storm did come in and hung around till early thursday morning. But other then that, we had a great time.

The trip home we stayed one night in Charleston, WV at the Hampton Inn. Sunday morning my youngest sister who smokes (and snores) was out having one before we left for home. She said, "Did you like that '57 Chevy?" I had no idea what she ment? She told me to walk around the hotel shuttle van and on the other side sat a beautiful '57 Chevy Nomad. I snapped 3 pics with my cell phone. By the time I got back with my camera, it had left.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Sounds like a fun trip. Family is always the most important thing.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Who are you again? :p

Sounds like it was a great and much needed trip!

Old 10-25-2011, 02:22 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

RJ, shoudl have told me you were coming? PRobably went right by me here in college, man!!! Glad you had a great trip though!

Old 10-25-2011, 03:28 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Sounded like a great time!

Old 10-25-2011, 07:04 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Glad to see you back online man. Nothing like a trip to help re-charge your batteries. Even if you had to ride around in a Chrysler minivan. Being a tri-5 Chevy guy, that must've been tough. lol.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:16 PM
rj
15 Year Member

I can't begin to express my gratitude for my parents doing this. Not only did they pay for the trip, they paid for all meals.

AND one day of shopping (for my sisters & mother) my parents gave us each $100 to spend. I didn't get a chanced to buy anything. SOOOOOOOOO............ I'm spending my $100 on car parts.

I do have to admit the minivan was nice. The engine was peppy, the interior was roomy, and we managed to cram the thing full of our stuff.

We saw one nasty accident about 75 miles from the beach. Looked like 2 cars hit head-on. one had the engine ripped out of it. About 50 miles from the beach my youngest sister driving some kid in a Nissan came flying up the shoulder of the road and cut her off. She yelled, "You f--ing dumb@$$!" in front of our mother who does not like to hear words like that. We all laughed our a--es off at my sister.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:26 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by rj
I can't begin to express my gratitude for my parents doing this. Not only did they pay for the trip, they paid for all meals.

AND one day of shopping (for my sisters & mother) my parents gave us each $100 to spend. I didn't get a chanced to buy anything. SOOOOOOOOO............ I'm spending my $100 on car parts.

I do have to admit the minivan was nice. The engine was peppy, the interior was roomy, and we managed to cram the thing full of our stuff.

We saw one nasty accident about 75 miles from the beach. Looked like 2 cars hit head-on. one had the engine ripped out of it. About 50 miles from the beach my youngest sister driving some kid in a Nissan came flying up the shoulder of the road and cut her off. She yelled, "You f--ing dumb@$$!" in front of our mother who does not like to hear words like that. We all laughed our a--es off at my sister.

That was cool your parents sprung for it like that.

Of course the minivan was nice. It was built here in Windsor. (shameless plug for my home town)

As for your sister swearing infront of your mom. I'm sure your mom was thinking the same thing your sister yelled out loud.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:41 PM
rj
15 Year Member

My mom threatened to wash my sister's mouth out with soap.

Every stinking morning I woke up at 3am just like I have to do to get up for work.
Even the mornings I stayed up till 1 am, I still woke up 2 hrs later.

Debbie wasn't happy she wasn't invited. But we txt every hour and I called her every night. So it was like she was there.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:59 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by rj
My mom threatened to wash my sister's mouth out with soap.
Now that's funny. Doesn't matter how old you get. Moms always see you as their little boy/girl.

Originally Posted by rj
Every stinking morning I woke up at 3am just like I have to do to get up for work.
Even the mornings I stayed up till 1 am, I still woke up 2 hrs later.

I do that too. Part of the "fun" of working odd shifts.

Originally Posted by rj
Debbie wasn't happy she wasn't invited. But we txt every hour and I called her every night. So it was like she was there.
And when you don't feel like talking, you can simply turn the phone off. j/k

Search this Thread