Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: NOVEMBER 2018 short time till the New Year

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 01:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Good morning guys. Made it up to 46 degrees yesterday, 40 right now. Since it's 'warm', I changed the oil in the Monte last night and will get the rest of its winterizing done today. Might take advantage of the warmer temps to get a few other outside things done today.

Next snow system moves in tonight thru tomorrow (same system affecting Dean now). Starts as rain here and then changes to snow as temps drop. Looks like we'll get around 4" of snow while areas to the west and North (where temps will be cooler longer) could get 8"+.

MI/OSU - Michigan was by far the favorite this year (and probably the better team overall) and still imploded against Ohio State, losing 39-62. Not only did MI get beat by OSU... again... but OSU put up a record # of points by either team in the history of this matchup. And against a #1 defense in MI. In my opinion, even at 10-2 now, MI's entire season was just wasted with that loss yesterday. This was MI's best season in a while and they still can't beat OSU.

Thank you!

Dean, your bathroom looks nice. I see you have those fancy colored, patterned tiles.
Yeah, the wife was looking at them on line and they were pricey. We happened to be at Lowes one day and she saw them there. I set a few on the floor and she was hooked. They are pretty cool.

Old 11-26-2018, 06:37 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning guys.

33 degrees and snowing pretty good right now (first pic below at 6:30am). We're suppose to get 4-6" at home today - pretty good snowfall gradient in our area with only around 1" expected at the Mich/Ohio border and higher amounts up to 8" to the North of us. I left a little earlier this morning - my commute wasn't too bad but the roads are mostly wet since the changeover to snow happened not that long ago.

Took the Monte out for one last drive yesterday (pic below), mainly to get the new oil circulated, top off the fuel and add stabilizer. Then got home, washed it and am now letting it sit the garage for a couple days to dry out before the cover goes on. I want to throw in some dryer sheets and desiccant packs this year.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 11-26-2018 at 06:43 AM.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:41 AM

Good morning guys.

33 degrees and snowing pretty good right now (first pic below at 6:30am). We're suppose to get 4-6" at home today - pretty good snowfall gradient in our area with only around 1" expected at the Mich/Ohio border and higher amounts up to 8" to the North of us. I left a little earlier this morning - my commute wasn't too bad but the roads are mostly wet since the changeover to snow happened not that long ago.

Took the Monte out for one last drive yesterday (pic below)
Aren't the lakes frozen over there yet ? Guess we can expect the snow to be here sooner or later being from the great white north I spent a few hours yesterday putting all brakes and air shocks in a friends Lecurne yesterday and received a nice Christmas bonus from them since I never charge him enough for repairs. Ordered a set of 2in Belltech drop spindles and gave my wife the rest, Still need to get springs for there rear but 1 step at a time .

Old 11-26-2018, 07:42 AM
5 Year Member
Smile

Matt that is a great photo!
We had a Blizzard here on Saturday nite and the wind blew like up to 50MPH.
We were on the lucky side of the snowfall we only had about an inch.
They had to close I-80 for awhile it was just to windy on it to many wrecks.
South of here into Kansas they got some big snowfalls and they are still trying to dig out.

Old 11-26-2018, 08:01 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jeffs02rwdSS
Aren't the lakes frozen over there yet ?
Nope. Smaller ponds and stuff have glazed over but the larger lakes aren't there yet. And three days this past weekend were in the mid 40s so everything thawed. Even next weekend is suppose to be back up around 40 degrees.

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Matt that is a great photo!
Thank you! I pulled into the State boat launch at a nearby lake since it was empty. I wasn't even there for 3 minutes and a guy pulls in slow and stops near me and says "what year is it", "man, that thing is sweet". Not sure if the pic fits the current contest criteria but I'll take a look.

Old 11-27-2018, 06:00 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys.

Yesterday we got 1.5" of snow at home which puts our season total at 8.7" so far. Not nearly as much as what was forecasted for our area but I think we'll take it (I still have leaves to clean up). SE MI did have some isolated areas with higher amounts near 7.0" but generally the higher amounts fell in West MI. Some of the higher snowfall totals from around Lower MI were:

Dowling - 11.5"
Hastings - 10.0"
Portland - 8.0"
Burt - 7.5"
Eaton Rapids - 7.4"
Caro - 7.0"
Mattawan - 6.5"
Bridgeport - 6.0"
Flushing - 6.0"

My Doug Thorley headers arrived yesterday!

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 11-27-2018 at 06:50 AM.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:16 AM
5 Year Member
Question

Well we recovered from the Blizzard here they got the Interstate back open across the state. Here we only got about an inch so we were lucky.
However south going to Kansas is another story.
This morning it is 17 degrees a bit chilly for sure.

Old 11-27-2018, 11:32 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

Good morning guys.

Yesterday we got 1.5" of snow at home which puts our season total at 8.7" so far. Not nearly as much as what was forecasted for our area but I think we'll take it (I still have leaves to clean up). SE MI did have some isolated areas with higher amounts near 7.0" but generally the higher amounts fell in West MI. Some of the higher snowfall totals from around Lower MI were:

Dowling - 11.5"
Hastings - 10.0"
Portland - 8.0"
Burt - 7.5"
Eaton Rapids - 7.4"
Caro - 7.0"
Mattawan - 6.5"
Bridgeport - 6.0"
Flushing - 6.0"
Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Well we recovered from the Blizzard here they got the Interstate back open across the state. Here we only got about an inch so we were lucky.
However south going to Kansas is another story.
This morning it is 17 degrees a bit chilly for sure.
Yall really got the snow! It's to early here yet for all that. I have a ton of leaves to get up too.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:26 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys. 14 degrees and a few flurries this morning. Almost wiped out walking on our icy as hell driveway this morning. Looks like we'll be back up in the mid 40s this weekend and then down in the 20s next week.

A pretty cool, recent shot of the Mackinac Bridge in the clouds.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 11-28-2018 at 07:28 AM.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:12 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

Wicked pic Matt!

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: NOVEMBER 2018 short time till the New Year