Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: NOVEMBER 2018 short time till the New Year

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 02:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Haha! Good thing I don't have a yard to take care of! Never liked doing yardwork.

On the other hand, it would be nice to have an attached garage...

Old 11-16-2018, 06:28 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning guys.

20 degrees this morning and a couple lingering snow showers. We got another 2.0" of snow at home yesterday which puts our season total at 5.8" so far. Looks like another <1" tomorrow too.

Ordered my Doug Thorley headers yesterday!

Originally Posted by Sidestreet
On the other hand, it would be nice to have an attached garage...
Hands down deal breaker for me.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 11-16-2018 at 06:33 AM.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:34 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Smile

Well it kind of warmed up yesterday afternoon and I got the Mowing done all the leaves on the grass, cleaned up the Garage, cleaned up the storage room in the basement, set up a Christmas tree.
I am glad this week is about over.
They had several Veteran events and although I don't mind going for the meals they always want guys to stand and tell about your experience in the military. I didn't do anything?
I remember meeting a fellow at one of these things about 10 years ago he was in his 90's at that time.
When they introduced him they indicated he had been on one of the B-17's coming into Pearl Harbor on Dec. 7th.
Later my son and I went to talk with him. I reached out to shake his hand.
I said I want to shake the hand of a real American Hero. He said Oh I didn't do anything.
Pretty cool he did say that after it crash landed they were trying to take cover from all the attacking planes one of his friends didn't make it.

Old 11-18-2018, 08:08 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys. 31 degrees and snowing here this morning, expecting up to 1" today. Going to be doing some more house work and then watching the NASCAR championship race later today - starts at 2:30pm on NBC. Go Harvick!

Michigan beat Indiana 31-20 yesterday and is now 10-1 and remains at #4 in the rankings. Next week is the big game against Ohio State!

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 11-18-2018 at 08:10 AM.
Old 11-18-2018, 12:04 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Wow only 9 degrees this morning, and we had about 1.5 inches of snow. gonna be a house full later today. Grandkids are coming today should be fun. Tomorrow in the 40's which will seem like a summer time.
Yesterday Nebraska played Michigan State in Lincoln, all they scored on was field goals. The game was a memorial to 2 players from each team that were Kickers kind of unique that they only scores were field goals.
It was good to know that the Championship race is today, I have only watched about 2 of them all year. So I will try to catch this one to see who the winner is.

Old 11-19-2018, 06:24 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys. Thanksgiving week and just a three day work week!

21 degrees this morning and patchy dense fog which is creating pretty dangerous conditions with black ice in spots - quite a few accidents, slowdowns and at least one closure reported. Yesterday morning we got about 0.3" of snow at home which puts our season total at 6.1" so far. Looks like we could get up to another 1" tonight.

Joey Logano won the 2018 Nascar Championship yesterday. In the finale race at Homestead, the 'Championship 4' finished 1st (Logano), 2nd (Truex Jr), 3rd (Harvick), 4th (Busch). Harvick was strong early, winning stage 1 and barely getting beat for stage 2 - it's too bad he couldn't do it but Logano was the second best one out of the four drivers to do it in my opinion.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 11-19-2018 at 07:26 AM.
Old 11-20-2018, 04:54 AM

Been working out of town cleaning up a old building so it can be demolished. Found some garage art to put up on shelves.Got some oiling cans, a old black powder muzzleloader and other oddball trinkets. I have been with the forums a year now. Hopefully my year badge will show up. Have a safe holiday everyone.

Old 11-20-2018, 06:09 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys.

18 degrees this morning with overnight snow is making another morning with difficult driving conditions - quite a few accidents reported and I saw several on my way into work. Overnight we got 1.1" of snow at home which puts our season total at 7.2" so far. Kinda crazy for mid-November. Looks like it's gonna be cold Thanksgiving day (possible single digit wind chills) but forecast is showing mostly sunny here. I'll probably do my winterizing routine on the Monte sometime this weekend since it's showing 40-45 degrees.

Pretty sweet video of Downtown Detroit in the fog we had yesterday morning:
Facebook Post

Originally Posted by Jeffs02rwdSS
Been working out of town cleaning up a old building so it can be demolished. Found some garage art to put up on shelves.Got some oiling cans, a old black powder muzzleloader and other oddball trinkets. I have been with the forums a year now. Hopefully my year badge will show up. Have a safe holiday everyone.
I love old stuff like that. Old oil cans are highly collectible. I don't collect them but if you watch American Pickers you know. License plates is my thing; I have around 250 now (my oldest is a restored 1918 Michigan).

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 11-20-2018 at 11:17 AM.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Our snow is almost all gone now we only got about 1.5 inches. I got the grand kids here for a few days during thanksgiving break. So my son calls the other night and says his wife is coming with the kids and didn't have a chance to change the Headlight in his Traverse if I would do him a favor and change that out.
Okay............... So I am thinking its just like the Monte......... right? Wrong Who in the heck designed that?
I youtubed it and you got to take the screws out in the fender liner and the Valance and then you can pry it open and stick your arm in a bear trap to change that out. I want to send Chevy a bill for my labor?
Who is the dumba$$ they let design that one. I suppose if you took it to a dealer to have them change it out it would be at least $200.00.
I did save the other side for my son to help with so he gets a little experience with car repairs
?

Old 11-21-2018, 05:59 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys. 25 degrees this morning and the sun is suppose to show itself later. I'm only working a partial day today.

So I've been renovating our bathroom (just one of several areas in the house) and have been busting some butt lately to get it done. I had a family friend in the construction business do the shower to help me out but the rest I have done. I recently got all the new plumbing fixtures installed and working and just finished up trimming out the tub surround. I'll be eventually getting a frameless glass door for the shower and refinishing the vanity in white. Here's the progress as of a few days ago...

Here's a before picture...

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 11-21-2018 at 06:23 AM.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: NOVEMBER 2018 short time till the New Year