Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   The NEW Look (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/new-look-12474/)

04 Intimidator 03-06-2009 08:24 PM

Just noticed something else. All of Space's posts suck. They all show html code and are a pain to read now.

Nothing personal Space, just noting that alot of things are broken/missing.

04 Intimidator 03-06-2009 08:27 PM

Another nit pick is the Monte Carlo in the top banner is missing the bottom portion of it. Half the front wheel is missing.

It just doesn't look professional anymore. Yeah I'm whining alot, but I really liked the way it was originally setup and it doesn't look like too much time was spent with the meat and potatoes of the website. More time looks like the napkins (read as advertisements) were in place.

ChevySSGirl 03-06-2009 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by 04 Intimidator (Post 115740)
Just noticed something else. All of Space's posts suck. They all show html code and are a pain to read now.

i noticed that too. i hope they are able to fix these issues!!

AwesomeSS 03-06-2009 10:39 PM

Noooo! I don't like the new format!

dustybird3 03-06-2009 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by 04 Intimidator (Post 115726)
You can click on New Posts in on the Blue Bar under the topic info.

I'm still not liking it though. It may bring in new dollars from the advertising that is going on. I'm just waiting for the "Hit the Monkey" banner or the "You are the 1,000,000th visitor"....

All I see is "today's posts". That doesn't always cover everything, especially if you miss a day or two.

I'm on another vbulletin forum and we have avatars and sigs there but it's nowhere near as easy to work as a simplemachines.org forum, which, btw, is a FREE forum and extremely easy to oversee. I'm admin on our state association's forum and had checked into several, including this format, before settling on the smf board.

I'm not crazy about this one BUT on the plus side it does load faster. I'm on highspeed and can only imagine how slow it was for dialup users because it was slow for me.

inssanity21 03-07-2009 12:03 AM

i want pictures!!!!!!!

God_Bot 03-07-2009 12:12 AM

Ahhh! I want to see my car under my posts...
What if it's snowing outside and I wanna see how pretty my car is?

This forum needs to resize to my window, I have a 24" screen and the forum refuses to fit my Safari window.

Hoping we get some of this straightened out, but if this fixed most of the problems then hell yeah upper level people. Woo Woo

In all honesty I really want my sig back though. That's how I knew who was who, I just looked at the car.

Blown04SS 03-07-2009 12:47 AM

i dont like it either...what pisses me off most is that there was no warning...no asking if we wanted it to change, nothing...just here we did this, deal.

and i miss the pictures of all the pretty cars

Space 03-07-2009 06:34 AM

Like going back 2 zchool again : )

1 Attachment(s)
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/at...3&d=1236428573

:mad:^ Yes, I agree: "All of Space's Posts Suck" :mad:The transfer to vB did not transfer my

past format. It sucks, but so does life sometimes. We will adapt, with `Time : )

We shall learn & grow : ) lol 4-Sure..:rolleyes:

It will take me some time to correct my past posts: close to 10K posts : ( Please be `Patience : ) I think I can do it in about 3-4 years : ) It sure is a mess : ( :confused:

Maybe we need a stimulus package from the US Gov't ? : ) Call in the Monte Carlo National Guard : ):)

It is like taking a new online computer forum course...Another challenge in `life : )

Members, check out User CP <-click it, User CP on Top Left hand corner

of site. It has intructions 4 changes :cool:

There seems to be so many lately : (

I am sure that we all will learn & grow ? Maybe ? "Patience is such a `Virtue" ? :)

I never thought we would get our new server, but now we have `it, and we must learn to live with `it, if we want to continue our Monte Carlo Family association : ) 4-Sure : ):)

The Monte Carlo Forum, "love it or leave it, or make it better....it's `free : )

Post your pro's and con's, and hopefully things will be adjusted for everyone's enjoyment.:) Well 4 some maybe :mad:

"You can make some of the members happy some of the time, but

you can never make them happy all of the time" :) 4-$ure :cool:
Please give our MCF Tech's a chance to correct the problems `ok.
Thanks
:) "Seek `Out, Search, and you shall find. Only losers give `up" :cool:
"The MCF is like Life :) It's a puzzle, and we must figure it `out
to get to where we want to `be." Don't Give `up :eek: :)
Everything is still located on the new server, seek out and
you shall find....., in time :)

Peace/Out/EnJoy your `Journey from the :cool: `Kid

jeff2425 03-07-2009 07:31 AM

this is not cool. are all the pages of past posts gone. I used to go back and find useful info for problems and ideas. I miss the the cars and the beautiful look of space posts.