Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Month of July 2018

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 11:21 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good afternoon guys! It's only going up to 80 degrees today, relief!

The new international bridge project, linking Detroit and Windsor, has officially broken ground this morning! When finished (2022 or 2023) it will be the longest cable stayed bridge in North America and it'll be taller than Detroit's Renaissance Center.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Good afternoon guys! It's only going up to 80 degrees today, relief!

The new international bridge project, linking Detroit and Windsor, has officially broken ground this morning! When finished (2022 or 2023) it will be the longest cable stayed bridge in North America and it'll be taller than Detroit's Renaissance Center.

Good photo which one are you in this group? or were you taking the shot??

Old 07-18-2018, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Well Sunday I went to Omaha,NE to H&H Chevrolet and they had there annual all Chevy show. Some real nice rides there. But it was Hot,Hot,Hot. 3 shirt day hot.

A few Montes there but no 5th or 6th gens other than mine. Some real nice 57 chevy's for sure and some great Chevelles too.

So today is not to bad it is comfortable but not overly humid. A few days to work on the house and car Mrs. Bickerson is gone to a convention.

Old 07-18-2018, 09:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2017
5 Year Member

H&H, huh? Driver3, you should've let me know, that's just a few miles up the street from me!

But yeah, it was hot that day... and I had to go to work later that afternoon anyhow. Ah, well...

Old 07-18-2018, 10:21 PM
5 Year Member
Cool

Originally Posted by Sidestreet
H&H, huh? Driver3, you should've let me know, that's just a few miles up the street from me!

But yeah, it was hot that day... and I had to go to work later that afternoon anyhow. Ah, well...
Yep! I thought about that too. +Then my Daughter was at the house last week with the Grandkids I had to entertain them.
Then I got a Root Canal which are always fun?
Then my computer was acting up I think the storms or the power outages we have had messed up the power switch in the thing and it goes off and is still on but doesn't function.
So when I got those distractions I forgot to make the contact. I thought about it again when I was cursing down L street.

Then I said it's the All Chevy show he would probably stop just as a spectator. PM me with your contact information and I will shoot you an email with my cell number so it will be easier to make contact.

Attached Thumbnails Month of July 2018-img_5190.jpg   Month of July 2018-img_5188.jpg   Month of July 2018-img_5245.jpg  
Old 07-19-2018, 08:26 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys.

Looks like we have a pretty good chance for off-and-on rain/t-storms Friday to Sunday. I have nothing really planned so it can unleash as much as it wants. We did get one pretty good storm shower pass over us a few nights ago but we still need the rain badly!

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Good photo which one are you in this group? or were you taking the shot??
Nope, neither. I just pulled the photo from one of our news websites.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 07-20-2018 at 07:15 AM.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:15 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys.

One week from tomorrow is my next car show - Car Capital Auto Show in Downtown Lansing on Sat, July 28.

The rain and t-storms are already moving in this morning and we need it badly! Potential for severe storms. Looks like it'll be off-and-on through tomorrow night.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 07-20-2018 at 07:19 AM.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:11 AM

Good morning everyone, the weather cleared out here and we sent it to Michigan where it's needed. Got my cooling fans and choke working properly, apparently the two 30 amp breaker's weren't enough for the stock fans and I somehow blew a 15 amp fuse on the choke. Took my sweetie out for ice cream last night for her first drive, she was depressed because she got into a accident with our 16 Silverado I managed to show a newer Charger the taillights , she actually enjoyed that and the other driver gave her when he caught back up. Ran into issue of issue of windshield fogging up due too no defroster but that's why I carry a towel. Going to a bacholer party tonight with furture in-law might get some pictures alongside my sister's 2000 pace car. Enjoy the weekend everyone.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:49 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jeffs02rwdSS
Good morning everyone, the weather cleared out here and we sent it to Michigan where it's needed. Got my cooling fans and choke working properly, apparently the two 30 amp breaker's weren't enough for the stock fans and I somehow blew a 15 amp fuse on the choke. Took my sweetie out for ice cream last night for her first drive, she was depressed because she got into a accident with our 16 Silverado I managed to show a newer Charger the taillights , she actually enjoyed that and the other driver gave her when he caught back up. Ran into issue of issue of windshield fogging up due too no defroster but that's why I carry a towel. Going to a bacholer party tonight with furture in-law might get some pictures alongside my sister's 2000 pace car. Enjoy the weekend everyone.
Nice job! Glad you are getting to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. I have a beach trip planned next week to North Topsail NC with the kids and they are calling for rain everyday. I think I could sell my vacations to wild land firefighters. Wherever the big fires are I will just go vacation there, the rains will follow.

Old 07-22-2018, 12:35 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by Jeffs02rwdSS

It is good she was not hurt the pickup is repairable, for sure.
You need to get her an Old Buick 64 thru 70 or so and make sure it is Black put a #3 on the side and weld on some Iron to the sides. On the rear quarter put the decals I drive Offensively, everyone will clear a path. If she doesn't like it I can drive it.
Sometimes you just can't get away from the folks that are an accident waiting to happen. Yesterday I went to Kearney,NE to see the annual cruise night car show and shine. about 90 miles for me and all the crazy drivers were on I-80. So I got on the 2 lane and there was no traffic.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Month of July 2018