Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Plated die cast

Old 02-01-2018, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool Plated die cast

Just a small sample of my die cast cars I have collected thru the year's. Figured other people in the group have a few car's on a shelf . Yes I know that some of them are Lumina's but I bet that one guy might looking at them regardless. This one's for you Dean

Attached Thumbnails Plated die cast-phone-032.jpg   Plated die cast-phone-034.jpg   Plated die cast-phone-035.jpg   Plated die cast-phone-038.jpg   Plated die cast-phone-001-2-.jpg  

Plated die cast-phone-040.jpg  
Old 02-01-2018, 01:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Smile got s few too.

Yeah, I got a few too. Now I wish I didn't, I was always an avid collector after I met the real Dale and cherished all the stuff I got, sometimes it was an obsession to keep up with the latest diecast that was going to be released.
This is a Cabinet my son and I built to resemble the carts at the Races it features glass shelves and glass sliding doors.
In February of 2001 I was needless to say heartbroken and many times I would get a call about the stuff I collected to see if I would sell something. Couldn't bring myself to do it.
Some of the cheapest things I owned were selling on ebay for thousands of dollars, a fellow who owned a collectables store called and referred me to an ebay listing that began at 9.95 it was a pit scene diecast in 1/43rd scale. I have 2 of them I paid 9.95 and they were bid up to over $2k and sold for that amount. I still have mine now they are not even getting a bid. A couple of times I thought I would try and list them, but the tears got in the way, and I lost focus.
The jacket shown here has a real strange story, that I will share in another post.

Attached Thumbnails Plated die cast-img_0007.jpg   Plated die cast-img_0210.jpg  
Old 02-01-2018, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member

I would bet too say that the "Oreo" coat is quite a prize. Would enjoy reading the story I did manage to get a 1/64 Oreo car and remember the the prices on ebay but like yourself couldn't do it. Great display that you and your son created.

Old 02-01-2018, 02:35 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jeffs02rwdSS
I would bet too say that the "Oreo" coat is quite a prize. Would enjoy reading the story I did manage to get a 1/64 Oreo car and remember the the prices on ebay but like yourself couldn't do it. Great display that you and your son created.
Some place I have a photo of a lady in a wheel chair, who met Dale at Talladega raceway.
Anyway she had him sign a jacket of hers.
She was handicapped and lost both legs from the knees down.
I was asked if I would go see her because she was a big DE fan.
I spent some time with her & her family, I also wrote to Talladega raceway to see if she could meet up with Dale there prior to a race, her dream came true.

After the Feb. 2001 incident she called me and wanted to know if I would sell her the DE jacket I owned that I wore in a TV appearance.

I was reluctant but she bought me the one that is in this cabinet. So I signed the Jacket and traded with her, she had both of them framed in glass and hanging on the wall in her home.

So one evening I am in the Man cave and watching TV and it was really chilly down there.
So I am on the Hunt for a jacket and I had just put this one on the Mannequin about a week ago.
I took it off the mannequin & put it on and nearly froze I was twice as cold as I had been.
I put it back on the display and the next day finished the glass enclosure and it has been in there since.

It was a freaky kind of chill too! to weird. The only time that has ever happened in my man cave.
I went an got a Hooded sweat shirt and thru it in the dryer to warm it up and put that on.

Attached Thumbnails Plated die cast-joannmeetsdale-1997-4-.jpg  
Old 02-01-2018, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member

Guessing that your act of kindness was rewarded. I'm sure your buddy was just giving you a nudge or trying to "Rattle your cage "

Old 02-01-2018, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Guessing that your act of kindness was rewarded. I'm sure your buddy was just giving you a nudge or trying to "Rattle your cage "
Could be, sent a chill up my spine for sure. Here is a shot of the real Man Cave. Really like the Crager SS mag I found years ago, and the Dukes Battle Flag is just to make my Daughter mad. Lol
there is a new Pool table cloth that I need to install on the Bar stool, and I am a Texaco petro-liana fan too.

Attached Thumbnails Plated die cast-img_0840.jpg  
Old 02-02-2018, 09:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nice, I like seeing what people collect. Here's 'some' of my die cast collection (you can tell who my favorite drivers are). There's also 2 of my roughly 250 license plates in there - a MI 1947 and MI 1924. I have all the original boxes for all my 1:24 cars and those alone are a challenge to find space to store. A lot of my 1:64 scale cars aren't displayed because most are still in the original packaging and they take up a lot of space to display that way.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 02-02-2018 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:55 AM
5 Year Member

Very nice display's you both have, I tried to set up my garage as a man cave but obviously not a good idea if you work a lot on cars as I found out, Everything got dirty as my car's show the dust got on anything that wasn't covered . Spent hour's cleaning most of my plastic models I put in the garage but keep a few out there, wasn't really sure how to clean the gold plated ones without scratching . I ended up storing most of the collection until I get more display cases. Thanks for sharing .

Old 02-03-2018, 08:46 AM
5 Year Member
Smile

Very nice display's you both have, I tried to set up my garage as a man cave but obviously not a good idea if you work a lot on cars as I found out, Everything got dirty as my car's show the dust got on anything that wasn't covered . Spent hour's cleaning most of my plastic models I put in the garage but keep a few out there, wasn't really sure how to clean the gold plated ones without scratching . I ended up storing most of the collection until I get more display cases. Thanks for sharing .
Well Mrs Bickerson recommends the Swiffer duster for all her collection so I use that also, she is never wrong for sure.

Search this Thread