Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Monte Carlo Forum: HISTORY ? ? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/monte-carlo-forum-history-28694/)

Space 06-16-2011 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar (Post 333573)
This thread rocks! I'm still trying to put together a history still shrouded in mystery, but this is a key piece. This was neat.

Originally Posted by JuniorCar (Post 333573)

But KidSpace is the forum magic IMO. I' m still not convinced he's actually human. Or alien! He's more like some extra-terrestrial super-social computer. No human programming or sentient being really has the capacity to stimulate conversation or generate intriguing posts at such high volume

:rolleyes:

Thank You `Brent 4 your time/life/words/contributions

to the MCF & our World. It's people/member's like you
that keep our forum helpful, fun & growing.
I can not imagine what our lives would be like `if humans did not
create the computer & WorldWideWeb.
"Isolation"
?
http://desktopro.com/albums/Gallerie...-2560x1600.jpg

I believe that we are all the sum total of our teachings/programing/experiences.
http://a465.g.akamai.net/f/465/1984/...ogos/ap/hc.gif
I wish that everyone could be programed for `Good, but
some have been programed to be `Bad & Hurt.
"Life is a learning experience"
I do hope that we can learn from our mistakes, and not to repeat them.
http://i05.s2.imagehosting.ws/2010-0...8a_medium.jpeg
I must depart this automotive social network & return to my mission of work....There's always so much 2 `do with so little Time.
I wish you reading this the Time to EnJoy your `Life.

Warning, I shall return (?)
------------------------------
Thanks Cowboy `Duane for leading Brent to our family &
also for all your great contribtuions to the MCF
----------------------------
My morning break is over & I must return to work.

Cowboy6622 06-16-2011 09:43 AM

Now that Brent has figured Space out, 'Space must "dispose" of him.

Brent's going to turn up in a lake somewhere and a mystery creature will be driving the BudChev from now on.

The Popcorn King 07-13-2011 12:13 PM

WOW!!!

Talk about Memory Lane. I remember the "The big Crash" of 08. I didn't post much back then, but remember all the old names. Over the years, i've sold my Monte and have gotten into 2 vans and an S15 Jimmy, but i still remain here. Ive been to other forums and this is the only one that i have really felt like "HOME".

I'm not sure what the future will bring as far as a vehicle is concerned, but what ever it is, It will have an MCF sticker on it.

Jester_20 07-13-2011 12:49 PM

This thread's pretty interesting . . . and i'm not even a history guy. :wtf: I feel like after owning 3 monte's I shoulda been here a long time ago . . . Better late than never

Teacher 07-13-2011 03:51 PM

Cool thread. I joined by in August of 08. I was apart of a great forum in Las Vegas called the LVFbody when I was living there and running my firebirds. I stayed connected to that forum for awhile when I moved back to Oregon, but drifted away after I sold my last Firebird. That forum has since died and the club mostly disbanded. Sad to see what was a great place go. I then joined a few other forums until I bought the monte. After I bought it I searched for a few monte forums and joined a couple. This one seemed the most active and I was drawn to it. I left for awhile when space left for Kuwait, it wasn't the same with him gone and I spent the summer on a boat forum for my boat. I eventually came back as winter set in and I have been here ever since. I was surprised to see space back after my break, and saw some great members drift away, but new ones have come along like myself and contribute to making this a great place. Even after I sold my car I stayed and kept the blog going after space needed a break to spend time with his girlfriend and his busy life. I figure its the least I can do for this great place. I spend most of my time in off topic, but try to cruise around more now since I bought my monte back.

JuniorCar 07-13-2011 07:19 PM

I've been a member as long as you Todd (in theory at least), and I didn't know the 'Space in Kuwait story at all. This could easily turn into a "History of KidSpace" thread. There should be such a thread. That Kid has been living a full and busy life. He's not human

bama_z34 07-13-2011 10:48 PM

hmmmm that sound like a good idea, maybe ill make a thread about him lol.

bama_z34 07-13-2011 10:49 PM

wow i cant believe ive been a member since 09 and i ONLY have like 240 posts :(

Tom.M 08-05-2011 01:10 AM

This was a great idea for a thread. Make me appreciate MCF a lot more seeing where it was and where it is today. I've been on a few forums that i know would have folded after such a virus. Good to know this one and all that run it are strong enough to over come it. and as Taz pointed out about most Montys not being with their original owners, I'm proud that that I'm that my Monty was bought new in 02 by my mother and bought it from her. A one family car:)

Cowboy6622 08-05-2011 12:55 PM

I've come to the conclusoing that this forum isn't about cars, it's about people. Cars are just what put us all here... on the MCF. The members blog, my own NASCAR fantasy thing, the off topic threads, Kid Space, Taz, RJ, the whole gang... I know I didn't name a bunch of you out there. There's a few of us who have been together through a lot on this forum. Some of us have left and come back (myself, I went on a 6 month hiatus in '09, barelly posted.) Heck, this forum is even accepting of the classic Furd gang (myself)... some members who used to own monte Carlo's stick around despite not owning other cars. Most of us have never even seen each other. I even know of a relationship that started on this forum.... Take that e-Harmony!

Space 08-05-2011 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622 (Post 349072)
I've come to the conclusoing that this forum isn't about cars, it's about people. Cars are just what put us all here... on the MCF. The members blog, my own NASCAR fantasy thing,!

:rolleyes:
Hi `Duane,
You have good insight on what the MCF is all about...I always enjoy reading your posts & your super created MCF NASCAR Thread that you were named our NASCAR HISTORIAN

The world wide web can bring so many people together that have same and similar interest, but I believe the MCF brings a social type network of friends together that love automobiles...The Monte Carlo is a SuperSuper automobile that has been produced for many years, but is no longer produced :(

I believe that is why every member should contribute to the MCF...We can all dream about a future Monte Carlo, but there is no new one at present...:(

The MCF is a privately owned web site, and for it to survive it must have activity to keep sponsor's paying to keep the site funded...Without sponsor's, we would not `be !!

Yes, I agree that we have many member's that have departed and sold their Monte's, but many have returned and still contribute and post updates on their life...

What I love about the MCF is that it is a family site..(Even though there's a kid that takes that to the edge on some of his posts/thread: ):) I've found the member's respect each other & get respect. There's not to many other forums that have this friendly family atmosphere to enjoy...
and care about each other.:)

Our Administrator Taz & Staff are not paid :(:) for their time/service, but I believe they do it for the love of the Monte Carlo & it's member's...

I believe we are the best automobile forum on the `Web ~> 4-Sure : )
It's active member's like you that keep our forum interesting and bring member's back to see what's new.

Thanks to you and all active contributing members andStaff for their dedication...Special thanks to our leader `Taz, (Lou), who not only puts up with me, some crazy member's & you also : ) LOL...:rotfl:'

He has worked tirelessly to keep our forum running strong so that member's can enjoy their stay/visits
to the MCF.

I've said this before "I believe our World would be a better place `if there were more like Taz upon it"...
I know that The Monte Carlo Forum is better...Thank You :congrats:

Taz 08-05-2011 03:53 PM

I appreciate the compliments. Obviously, I can't take all the credit. MCF is around because of all of us. You and I. Without members, there is no forum.

I was going to make a long (and probably boring :p) post. But Space and Duane already said it best. :thumbsup:

I came here as a potential Monte owner in 2007. An upset Pontiac Grand Am GT owner who was tired of paying thousands in engine repairs on the lemon 3400 engine in my 99 grand am. I was looking for a car with the more reliable 3800 engine, and I happened across this really cool looking supercharged Monte at a Chevy dealership. I came here looking for info on whether the Monte I found was worth looking into. And the good people here on MCF gave me all the info I needed to make an informed purchase.

I came here for info, and stayed because of the great people on the forum. I never imagined I'd reach 10,000+ posts, and become assistant admin. I feel honored to be here among all you good people. You've all helped me many times over, and I sincerely appreciate it! :congrats::thumbsup:

mwjames 10-15-2011 04:15 PM

Loved reading this! The site is fantastic the people here are great and unbelievably knowledgeable/ always willing to help one another. Best car site for sure!

mousehousemoparman 10-17-2011 01:48 AM

Wow. With a history like that it is amazing that this site still exists. It reminds me of the story of the bird that crashed and burned only to have a stronger more beautiful Phoenix emerge from the ashes. I am glad that I found this site and that I was welcomed with open arms. Duane is very perceptive for such a young man and it hit the nail on the head when he said that car ownership is secondary here. Thanks for all that you all do. Gregg

Taz 10-17-2011 08:11 AM

We're all glad you're here!

ChibiBlackSheep 10-17-2011 08:42 AM

You're all special! :)

MarkIV396 01-26-2012 02:53 PM

oH i AGREE!

Originally Posted by mwjames (Post 373222)
loved reading this! The site is fantastic the people here are great and unbelievably knowledgeable/ always willing to help one another. Best car site for sure!

agreed!

Taz 01-26-2012 06:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 373633)
You're all special! :)

Thanx man! I think. :wtf:

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/at...ry-teambus-jpg

MnteCrloSS47 09-09-2012 06:32 PM

I know this is kind of an old thread, but i just read it to find out the history.
Sounds like a lot of ups and downs!
Thanks to Taz and space and everyone else who kept this thing running!
i go on here so many times a day, more than i can count on my fingers for sure!
It's always interesting, every time i get on here theirs something new to read. I learned a lot about my Monte SS and i wish i found this site sooner with my first Monte.
Thanks to everyone who keeps this site running smoothly and thanks for all the help, knowledge, and friendship I've gained over the past year and few months!

Cowboy6622 09-09-2012 06:35 PM

Crap, I didn't realize this thread was this old.....

Taz 09-09-2012 07:18 PM

It's not old. It's well aged. Like fine whine. Or old cheese-----y jokes. :rotfl:

(I spelled whine like that on purpose.)

Mr Grizzly Mint 09-09-2012 07:54 PM

Not an old thread I posted on 09s befor because I thought they were intresting

God_Bot 06-21-2013 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622 (Post 331201)
I remember and I survived the forum crash of '08 as I was here in '07.... I remember we had to stop using apostrophes as any post using one looked a like lot this if it used words like don''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''t or won''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''t.

It's a much different forum now than it was then. Back then, a guy called z34phoenix who's name was David knew a lot about the engines and building these cars... he was about the closest thing to bumpin96monte today. Then there was GPD, Solara Slayer, Grandpa Dave, who jokingly yet lovingly adopted KidSpace as his nephew, Garrett, godbot, was around. I know I'm missing a lot of them, and there were many great legendary members who have moved on in their lives and more legendary members in the making came along to replace them...

Hey now, I'm still around (sometimes)...

I was her pre-crash. I can't remember what turned me onto the forum but I do know that the forum certainly helped to turn me into the car nut that I am today.

I also happen to remember a certain "Top 10 Curse!" and I remember that it was around back when I was in the Top 10, but I cannot remember the specifics on the curse. I know one of you other "old guys" has to remember.

Edit: I also see that MotM is now displayed under users names, that's pretty cool!

Dubstepticon 06-21-2013 10:52 PM

Garrett (God_Bot), thank you for just happening to post in this very old thread today! Reading about the history of the MCF in this thread was absolutely amazing. Soon after I joined, I started wanting to know as much as I could about this wonderful forum. Like some of these veterans said, this forum is about people, and it's just the Monte Carlo that drew us together. I have a deep appreciation for things of the old internet. (Yeah, I said old referring to 2007 -- wow, none of us are getting any younger haha.) I'm certainly one of the young'uns running amuck on the MCF, and I'm still a novice. But I've already felt like a part of this family for a long time, and I know that I will continue to find family here. Thank you to the Admins, Mods, and members that made it possible for me to enjoy the Monte Carlo Foum in 2012 and 2013. :thanks:

Griffindor 09-15-2013 12:36 AM

Wonder if any original members from 04 are still here? Sadly the longer we go without the Monte back the fewer members we will see as people have to sell or junk their Montes as they simply will become too impractical to own with repair bills and old age. I've contacted GM on Facebook before and they said right now there are no plans to bring back the Monte. I'd love to know more ways to keep on the pressure other than going to car meets because if GM representatives aren't at the car meets then how do we keep the pressure on? Last but not least does anyone know if we could have MCF t-shirts and hoodies made? I'd love to be able to wear a MCF hoodie out in the cold to local football games as it would be a great way to get exposure for the forum and also our cause to bring back the Monte. Could someone please look into this?

owens91 09-15-2013 06:52 AM

That was indeed a Good story

phuntley 03-27-2014 06:51 AM

Just got around to reading this - great history and wild to see how many of you guys are still here! I was once a member of the Austin F-body club in it's heyday but once I sold my Firehawk I really didn't feel welcome. I'm settling in for a looooong stay here. It's a great forum and still very active.

chewytata 03-29-2015 05:47 PM

thank you to all old and new for the work you put in thankyou

Deeanna 07-01-2016 11:05 AM

I first came to this site about two years ago. I was having some sort of a problem at the time - I can't even remember what it was now, so it must have been something small.

I was just amazed at the forum, the friendly people, and the wonderful information that is so willingly shared.

I have stopped back from time to time over the years. I enjoy looking at the photos.

mad717 02-18-2018 04:51 PM

Wow, just read this whole thread.

Hi to anybody here who remembers me. I had a question about my 06 SS and of course Google led me here, where of course I found my answer. Thought I would try my old log on, and it still worked. I kind of remember the site crashing, and I think I quit coming around that time.

Still have the 06, but traded in the 99. Got a Wrangler back in 2011 so most of my spare time and money goes into that. The 06 is basically the same as the last time I posted here, just now has 23k on the odometer. Yes, that is correct, 23,000. I have tried to talk my wife into trading it several times but she always shuts me down immediately. She says she wants to be buried in it. Probably best that we've kept it.

I know nobody has posted in the thread in a while, but hi everybody. :thumbsup:

Taz 02-20-2018 09:43 AM

Hi Mark. Welcome back. The forum crash was quite a long time ago. At one point, it was just Space and I left. Took a long time to rebuild the site, repairing as many threads and links as we could. Glad you still have your Monte. Wish I could say the same about mine (car accident). But life goes on. I'm hoping that one day GM brings the Monte name back. But I'm not holding my breath. Not likely to happen any time soon.