Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Monte Carlo Forum: HISTORY ? ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's not old. It's well aged. Like fine whine. Or old cheese-----y jokes.

(I spelled whine like that on purpose.)

Old 09-09-2012, 07:54 PM

Not an old thread I posted on 09s befor because I thought they were intresting

Old 06-21-2013, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
I remember and I survived the forum crash of '08 as I was here in '07.... I remember we had to stop using apostrophes as any post using one looked a like lot this if it used words like don''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''t or won''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''t.

It's a much different forum now than it was then. Back then, a guy called z34phoenix who's name was David knew a lot about the engines and building these cars... he was about the closest thing to bumpin96monte today. Then there was GPD, Solara Slayer, Grandpa Dave, who jokingly yet lovingly adopted KidSpace as his nephew, Garrett, godbot, was around. I know I'm missing a lot of them, and there were many great legendary members who have moved on in their lives and more legendary members in the making came along to replace them...
Hey now, I'm still around (sometimes)...

I was her pre-crash. I can't remember what turned me onto the forum but I do know that the forum certainly helped to turn me into the car nut that I am today.

I also happen to remember a certain "Top 10 Curse!" and I remember that it was around back when I was in the Top 10, but I cannot remember the specifics on the curse. I know one of you other "old guys" has to remember.

Edit: I also see that MotM is now displayed under users names, that's pretty cool!

Last edited by God_Bot; 06-21-2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:52 PM

Garrett (God_Bot), thank you for just happening to post in this very old thread today! Reading about the history of the MCF in this thread was absolutely amazing. Soon after I joined, I started wanting to know as much as I could about this wonderful forum. Like some of these veterans said, this forum is about people, and it's just the Monte Carlo that drew us together. I have a deep appreciation for things of the old internet. (Yeah, I said old referring to 2007 -- wow, none of us are getting any younger haha.) I'm certainly one of the young'uns running amuck on the MCF, and I'm still a novice. But I've already felt like a part of this family for a long time, and I know that I will continue to find family here. Thank you to the Admins, Mods, and members that made it possible for me to enjoy the Monte Carlo Foum in 2012 and 2013.

Old 09-15-2013, 12:36 AM

Wonder if any original members from 04 are still here? Sadly the longer we go without the Monte back the fewer members we will see as people have to sell or junk their Montes as they simply will become too impractical to own with repair bills and old age. I've contacted GM on Facebook before and they said right now there are no plans to bring back the Monte. I'd love to know more ways to keep on the pressure other than going to car meets because if GM representatives aren't at the car meets then how do we keep the pressure on? Last but not least does anyone know if we could have MCF t-shirts and hoodies made? I'd love to be able to wear a MCF hoodie out in the cold to local football games as it would be a great way to get exposure for the forum and also our cause to bring back the Monte. Could someone please look into this?

Old 09-15-2013, 06:52 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That was indeed a Good story

Old 03-27-2014, 06:51 AM

Just got around to reading this - great history and wild to see how many of you guys are still here! I was once a member of the Austin F-body club in it's heyday but once I sold my Firehawk I really didn't feel welcome. I'm settling in for a looooong stay here. It's a great forum and still very active.

Old 03-29-2015, 05:47 PM

thank you to all old and new for the work you put in thankyou

Old 07-01-2016, 11:05 AM

I first came to this site about two years ago. I was having some sort of a problem at the time - I can't even remember what it was now, so it must have been something small.

I was just amazed at the forum, the friendly people, and the wonderful information that is so willingly shared.

I have stopped back from time to time over the years. I enjoy looking at the photos.

Last edited by The_Maniac; 07-04-2016 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 04:51 PM

Wow, just read this whole thread.

Hi to anybody here who remembers me. I had a question about my 06 SS and of course Google led me here, where of course I found my answer. Thought I would try my old log on, and it still worked. I kind of remember the site crashing, and I think I quit coming around that time.

Still have the 06, but traded in the 99. Got a Wrangler back in 2011 so most of my spare time and money goes into that. The 06 is basically the same as the last time I posted here, just now has 23k on the odometer. Yes, that is correct, 23,000. I have tried to talk my wife into trading it several times but she always shuts me down immediately. She says she wants to be buried in it. Probably best that we've kept it.

I know nobody has posted in the thread in a while, but hi everybody.

Quick Reply: Monte Carlo Forum: HISTORY ? ?