Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Monday, March 17th 2014

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Went to cash the check I got for the 97 and the teller pointed out there was no amount, only a written amount. That made things interesting
Hope that turned out well! I was always under the impression that ONLY the written amount mattered...

Old 03-17-2014, 11:37 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey everyone!

Been feeling really lousy the last two weeks. Finally getting to see my regular doctor this afternoon. Maybe he can get me some of those Space meds from Space's home planet. lol

Old 03-17-2014, 12:25 PM

Oh man oh man oh man... I love Space... Outer space not mr. Space :P well the old "Cosmos" by Carl Sagan is getting a reboot and I can't wait!

http://www.thestar.com/news/insight/..._left_off.html

Old 03-17-2014, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by phuntley
Good Morning everyone! Super weekend for me. Finished painting the walls of my garage (ceiling left to paint) and I managed to change the plugs and put in new wires. Sadists that invented transverse V-8s need to be castrated! That said, she idles like it's not even running and the power comes on smoother. So my 100K tuneup will be done after I change trans fluid/filter this week. Love all the great advice I read on the forums, sure helped!
Happy birthday to the Birthday dude and man, sounds like Monday is rough for some of ya'll...move to Texas where you can drive all year and we don't have rust issues! :O)

I lived in Texas for like a year in a half(Dallas) I was to young to enjoy the wild side of it but I did like it there!

Old 03-17-2014, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by dbaldwin
Hey all, going to the army medical center to try and arange getting my wisdom teeth removed, had a crappy weekend, and now I dropped my phone and shattered the screen.... im just so freaking done.... and its monday.... and i work this weekend. Lord give me strength to make it through this BS...

Keep your head up man! One of my favorite sayings is..... And this to shall pass....Just them few words have helped me get through some real hard times!

Old 03-17-2014, 02:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jparks
Oh man oh man oh man... I love Space... Outer space not mr. Space :P well the old "Cosmos" by Carl Sagan is getting a reboot and I can't wait!

A new Cosmos picks up where Carl Sagan left off | Toronto Star

I Loved the Cosmos. I only hope that they do better with it than they did with "The Universe" Expanded! It's the same shows with Pop-Ups. That was Very Disappointing.
I'm waiting for Some NEW stuff. A Lot of research has been done since the Original "How The Universe Works" , "The Universe" and Beyond the Wormhole"

What do you think about the "FutureScape"?

Old 03-17-2014, 02:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by phuntley
Hope that turned out well! I was always under the impression that ONLY the written amount mattered...
That is what matters, but it still couldnt be blank, so I had to fill it in. Now I just wait for it to clear.

Old 03-17-2014, 04:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Shelbo Mustang

Keep your head up man! One of my favorite sayings is..... And this to shall pass....Just them few words have helped me get through some real hard times!
Thanks man, that means alot.

Old 03-17-2014, 05:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

Happy St. Patrick's Day folks!

The green beer is flowin' now! My pregnant wife has been a good sport, but she seems a little bitter to be left out of this one. We were making Shamrock Shakes yesterday. But I'm having none of it now - it's time to get drunk!

I have been very green today. I wasn't kidding about the skirt. I wore a big goofy hat and kilt to work today (yes, kilts are irish too - not just Scottish!). Froze my a* off! And I got these tattoo sleeves and socks. But I'm behind on my drinking...

Old 03-17-2014, 06:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

Pictures - or it didn't happen!

Name:  IMG_4927.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  64.1 KB

That is a scary fightin' Irishman, isn't it?

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Monday, March 17th 2014