Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Monday, April 2, 2012

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 09:56 AM

Hi Mod `Mike,
I hope that you can pass your inspection & be able to find a shop that can repair the rust area's at a reasonable price.
I guess you could bribe the inspector What ?

It's sad that there is so much dishonesty in our World, but it
seems that many will sell their `soul, integrity 4 $'s

I think all vehicles on the road should be inspected, but I know there is a Big Cost to have safe vehicles on the road, but it sure can hurt when it's your ride. I wish you the best & I hope that you can resolve the issues with your Monte..

Have you checked out your Camaro's under-body ? I hope it's strong with no rust issues...*Note, we also have salt issues in Florida `if one lives ocean-side...Salt is a killer to vehicles 4-Sure "The Stress of owning/driving a nice Ride in 2days World" Peace/Out from `Space
================================================== ===============
LoL `Rick, she's a Cabin Out door ~> Girl LOL

Last edited by Space; 04-02-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:05 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Have you checked out your Camaro's under-body ? I hope it's strong with no rust issues...*Note, we also have salt issues in Florida `if one lives ocean-side...Salt is a killer to vehicles 4-Sure "The Stress of owning/driving a nice Ride in 2days World" Peace/Out from `Space
I Know it is important to have a safe vehicle on the road. But I feel like this is a little TOO strict in PA lol. I know the issue is there, I just want to be able to drive the Monte legally at least once a week. Nothing crazy, it isn't going get 1000s of miles racked up on it while it is "unsafe". I just need more than a month lol.

I had the Camaro fully inspected when I purchased it, and the mechanic said that for its age, and the fact that it was a NJ car, everything is really clean (rust-wise). He said it was a very solid car. I should have no issues keeping it for a couple years to beat on.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:11 AM

Hey Space... Talk about dishonesty. Water pump on the Black '98 3.1 bit the dust. Shop in town wanted $ 520.00. I decided to do myself. Went to Autozone & got a Brand New lifetime warranty replacemet for $ 20.70 + a gallon of Dex cool $13.00. Started @ 7:00 A.M. Saturday morning & fininded bleeding out the air pockets at 9:30. Hardest part was trying to get the old gasket cleaned off !! Saved $ 486.30. HELLO !!

Hope everyone is having a great Day!

Mark in Kansas.

Last edited by MarkIV396; 04-02-2012 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Sp.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning all. hope everyone has a good day. We should hit about 60's here today.
Kerry It really does make you feel good seeing all the people who knew and cared about a lost loved one. Keep your head up buddy.
Chibi Hopefully your small shop inspection goes well.

Rick I hate waiting in traffic. I'm glad I don't live somewhere where there's stop and go traffic everyday.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:18 AM

Hi `Ryan,
Great that you had a super trip & got a super present 4-Sure.
Watch out Pennsylvania Squirrels

"Be Safe & have `fun in them there hill's of Buzz Kill PA 4-Sure"

Don't worry `Space, I'm ready 4 the Buzz Kill `Ryan

`Ryan, don't messs with Super Squirrel LOL

p.s. Look 4ward to seeing your new Hood..*pic's please.
~>Good Morning `Lou...
Wish you & Member's a Super Week 4-Sure

Last edited by Space; 04-02-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:34 AM

Morning All,

It's been a while since I was on the MCF. Business trip followed by family vacation have kept me very busy that last few weeks.

Chibi - Sorry to hear about the rust issues on your Monte. I feel your pain. Had similar issues years ago with an old Blazer. Luckily our Monte has spent most of it's life in the South without road salt to contend with.

Having a new issues with the wife's Monte (turn signals) as of yesterday. I'll post more in 'General Tech'.

Hope everyone has a great Monday.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:42 AM

Hi `Dave, & Welcome back to your Monte Carlo Family.
You've been missed...I hope that you had a successful business trip & a SuperSuper well deserved vacation...
Where's your vacation pictures ? or recap ?
==============================================
I just finished my night-shift & have some personal things to take care of b-4 I go on my reCharge & get some Z's.
Please keep the Blog & MCF active....
Look 4ward to returning & reading your words & seeing some pictures
Peace/Happiness to everyone from `Space

Old 04-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

thanks space. my grandfather used the old gun for rabbits & crowes that would get into his garden, then he'd make soup out of 'em, lol. it's a late 1940's sears & robuck single shot, so it's been around.

as for the hood, pic 1 is what i've got now, pic 2 is what i'm getting

Attached Thumbnails Monday, April 2, 2012-p9120819.jpg   Monday, April 2, 2012-img_4236.jpg  
Old 04-02-2012, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by skylark65
thanks space. my grandfather used the old gun for rabbits & crowes that would get into his garden, then he'd make soup out of 'em, lol. it's a late 1940's sears & robuck single shot, so it's been around.

Hi `Ryan,
It's great that it was given to you...It's a family treasure to keep & pass on to your children I've only hunted & fished for food only...& not 4 just fun...
===========================================
I really like your 4X4 Ranger & those SuperSuper Large Tires make it look BADD 4-Sure... I also like your new HOOD with the crease in the center of it...You live in a mountain paradise 4-Real ~> EnJoy the adventures...p.s. Thanks 4 sharing ~>EnJoyed

It's God's Country.....I'd love to have a 4wheeler like yours to explore & have fun 4-Sure

Last edited by Space; 04-02-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:04 AM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Good afternoon everyone. Just getting out of class for the day. Going to head home and get a start on homework and studying. Hopefully I can get a good workout in around 10 and be in bed before midnight for once Hope everyone's having a great start to their week

Originally Posted by skylark65

Wow that hood really gives it a more aggressive look!

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Monday, April 2, 2012