Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Life is awesome! You? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/life-awesome-you-42001/)

knightfan26917 03-19-2013 11:13 PM

Life is awesome! You?

"You know J.R. is making deals" __ Hank Williams Jr __ 'This Ain't Dallas'

~2 months ago, I was ~110 pounds b/c of not eating or sleeping. Still not sleeping, but starting to eat. With that, I've had a bit more energy (& 'fight') to start working on some projects & found this note written by a friend ~9 years ago:
"My friend, if I could give you one gift, I would give you the ability to see yourself as others see you. Then you would realize what a truly special person you are."

Made me smile, but my hunch is most of us can't see ourselves the way others seem to.... "Tough times" make that harder. While family & friends are discussing engagements, kids, pets, classic car season, gatherings & events, home & car purchases, adventures, opportunities, etc., I'm watching my "glass floor" shatter.... Fun times ... NOT!

On the plus side, part of my new-found energy is my facebook page ... OLD CARS, STRONG HEARTS. A friend wrote this about it:
"Kinda feels like hangin' out at Al's Diner from Happy Days. Music, cars; I guess that makes you Fonzie!"

People keep asking what they can do to help; well, something easy & no-cost for those on facebook ... "like" the page & have fun with it!
https://www.facebook.com/OldCarsStrongHearts

Nephew & Niece are doing just fine. Nephew told his Mom (my sister) recently, "I hope I get to see Uncle Cort today!" Niece is almost 4 months old ... ALREADY!

So, how about you?

Cort | 39.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | soon only?: '81mc & '79 CC
CHD.cars + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = Cort's Web Pages
"I just can't anymore this life of solitude" __ Saliva __ 'Always'

Taz 03-20-2013 04:09 AM

Hey Cort!

Thanks for posting.

Barovelli 03-20-2013 08:49 PM

I am "Like" #565. Facebook keeps me in touch with family and I follow a few other pages/people that that I like to see now and then. OldCarsStrongHearts is something I should have followed long ago for a daily dose of cool.

In the past 2 years I have went from feeling like I was used up to reemerging as one to be treasured. So yeah, life is grand.

Possum 03-20-2013 09:09 PM

Cort, it's so good to hear from you again! (You too, Barovelli) I love your page Old Cars Strong Hearts, especially the pictures of cars from my youth when I was first falling in love with muscle cars. Now I'm driving one! It may be a sixth-generation Monte Carlo, but in my mind and heart its a big swoop-fendered '86 Aerocoupe...... Keep up the good work, and feel better! Are you still writing your Route 66 adventures?

lougreen03 03-20-2013 09:58 PM

Hello Cort.:woohoo: Glad to read your post. I would check out your page but I dont do the Facebook thing.:thumbsup:

knightfan26917 03-21-2013 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Taz (Post 535929)
Hey Cort!

Thanks for posting.

Hey Taz! Thanks for replying. ;) lol

Originally Posted by Barovelli (Post 536088)
I am "Like" #565. Facebook keeps me in touch with family and I follow a few other pages/people that that I like to see now and then. OldCarsStrongHearts is something I should have followed long ago for a daily dose of cool.

Thank you!!!! Glad you're enjoying it. If you haven't already, scroll through the wall &/or take a peak at the 3 albums of pics to see what's been posted since I launched it 12/19/2012....!

Originally Posted by Barovelli
In the past 2 years I have went from feeling like I was used up to reemerging as one to be treasured. So yeah, life is grand.

Well, so far, no re-emergence for me ... more like a complete free fall down ... particularly since I'm selling 2 more cars now (having sold 3 cars, July 2012)........ :(

Originally Posted by Possum (Post 536096)
Cort, it's so good to hear from you again! (You too, Barovelli) I love your page Old Cars Strong Hearts, especially the pictures of cars from my youth when I was first falling in love with muscle cars. Now I'm driving one! It may be a sixth-generation Monte Carlo, but in my mind and heart its a big swoop-fendered '86 Aerocoupe...... Keep up the good work, and feel better! Are you still writing your Route 66 adventures?

Hey Angie!!!! Yes, I am still writing. Every Sunday afternoon, I post a different chapter on my OC,SH facebook page. I haven't added any NEW chapters yet, but will.....

It's good to "see" you, too. Hope all is well for ya......

Glad you love OC,SH!!!! :)

Originally Posted by lougreen03 (Post 536112)
Hello Cort.:woohoo: Glad to read your post. I would check out your page but I dont do the Facebook thing.:thumbsup:

Howdy, Lou!!!! Good to "see" you, too....lol. And, no worries!

"The sun is blindin'" __ Pink __ 'Sober'

Life has no pause button & regret is built upon untaken chances ... partly why I started my OLD CARS, STRONG HEARTS facebook page.

What momentarily takes away the sting of consequences for choices made & broken promises, commitments, loyalty? A 4-month-old grinning big for you &/or a 4-year-old burying you in stuffed animals! I took this pic of my Nephew & Niece earlier this month:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-F...ephew_cars.jpg

At the end of February, I served as a juror in Kane (IL) County. I had fun; it was cool to finally be IN a trial, vs. being called & dismissed twice before. The "Trial By Jury" video we saw the 1st day was ssssooo 1980s, complete with narrator Floyd Brown (original voice of the Victory Auto Wreckers commercial).

Since the end of January, I've managed Autosavant's facebook page on a trial-run basis:
https://www.facebook.com/autosavant

They want me to stay past March 31; I haven't decided yet. The site's focus is newer cars:
Autosavant

I enjoyed this parody, done by Kevin Gordon for a series he films for Autosavant:

Cort | 39.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 2 MCs + '79 & '89 Caprice Classics
*** 3rd GEN MC (1978,1979,1980) FORUM > http://thirdgenmontes.proboards.com/
* roadsNwheels + CapriceClassicForum = ROADS'n'WHEELS CAR CLUB / CAPRICE CLASSIC FORUM - Home
"Everybody I meet seems to have their one & only" __ BJ Thomas __ 'The Whole World's In Love When You're Lonely'

Tadcaster 03-21-2013 06:35 PM

Hey Cort .... Sure wish you where going to the Nats this year enjoyed haning with you last year !

nitehawkjcb 03-21-2013 11:28 PM

Hello Cort! I enjoy your OC,SH facebook page. Try to be thankful that you still have at least a car. Keep ya head up bro.

knightfan26917 04-14-2013 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tadcaster (Post 536259)
Hey Cort .... Sure wish you where going to the Nats this year enjoyed haning with you last year !

Enjoyed meeting & hanging with you, too!!! You MAY get your wish.... ;)

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb (Post 536323)
Hello Cort! I enjoy your OC,SH facebook page.

Cool ... glad you do!!!

Cort | 39.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 2 MCs + '79 & '89 Caprice Classics
CHD.cars + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = Cort's Web Pages
"It's a freedom that we all want to know" __ Restless Heart __ 'Wheels'

werewolf-odst 04-17-2013 11:41 AM

I havent really been on Facebook as much as i used too. It is very good to hear that you are doing alright. You would always check on others, i need to get on Facebook more and check out your page!!