Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Do you like her & her Music ?
Yes, I like her & listen to her music
33.33%
No, I just look at her : )
6.06%
No, I don't like her or Don't listen to her Music
39.39%
I don't even know who she is ?
6.06%
This is another dumb poll 4-Sure, but it does fill in some empty `space on the MCF
21.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Lady Gaga ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

...This Thread on Lady GaGa keeps coming back to life...
Thanks everyone who voted in the Poll & contributed their comments...To me it reflects the deveristy of our membership. Thanks for being respectful of every member's comments & opinions.....Only on the MCF
==========================================

I believe Lady GaGa is a Marketing Genius that has been blessed with Music Talents & a good voice....
I still don't know `if I would buy her music or go 2 her concerts, but I've enjoyed some of her songs 4-Sure...

OK, whose next ? It does not cost anything to post

Old 06-06-2011, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by zipper
Technically, Madonna is from Michigan and didn't move to New York until after she dropped out of college.
I don't know why I always thought she was a native of NY. Thanks for clarifying that.

Originally Posted by Taz
Kerry, I think Lady Gaga will be remembered as one of the most memorable singers of this era. With the costumes she wears? That meat dress being the most memorable so far. Kind of like the cone bra Madonna wore. Or AC/DC's school boy outfit. Kiss's kabuki makeup. And so on.
I was thinking of that cone bra last night while I was watching "60 Minutes" and they were saying that Lady GaGa's outfits are more outrageous than those that Madonna used to wear. I guess that's true. After all, Madonna's bra didn't have sparks coming out of it. LOL

While I was watching the interview with her last night, I have to say that I thought she came across as intelligent and well-spoken. She seems to have a good understanding of the media and how to use it to her advantage.

Old 06-07-2011, 05:51 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Breaking News
Lady Gaga's album banned in Lebanon
June 6, 2011, 6:36 PM EST
WENN
Lady Gaga's new album has been banned from sale in Lebanon, according to a U.K. report.
<TABLE class=bm10 border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=305 align=left><TBODY><TR><TD>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
The pop superstar released "Born This Way" last month and topped charts across the world, even breaking digital sales records in the U.S.
However, the record has reportedly been stopped from going on sale in Lebanon after officials in the conservative Middle Eastern country impounded a shipment of the CDs on moral grounds, according to Britain's The Sun.
Photos: Lady Gaga
The publication reports the disc was deemed "offensive" by officials, just weeks after her track "Judas" was taken off air in the mostly-Muslim country.
Gaga's "Judas" has previously come under fire from a number of Christian groups, who have been angered by the lyrics and her use of religious imagery in the video.
Fight Club: Is Lady Gaga a pop oracle or a mere poseur?