Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Just drove a Charger Super Bee (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/just-drove-charger-super-bee-10468/)

thomasnchy 08-30-2008 08:24 PM

Just drove a Charger Super Bee

WOW, Freakin WOW!!!!!!!!
No, I'm not thinking of buying one (I couldn't afford it) and no I'm not trying to compare my 03 SS to it, or any other car for that matter.
My buddy just bought a Super Bee, 110 miles on it.
I drove it maybe 30 miles or so, eaven got to try out the "slap stick" tranny. I'm impressed, with 425 hp and that new car smell and throaty exhaust... damn! DVD touch screen, dead cow everywhere, and 425hp, kick ass stereo (has a solobaric Kicker in the trunk), white faced gauges with a 180mph speedo, and 425hp, brilliant blue paint with the subtle "super bee" strip and low fog lights, embosed seats, rear dvd with headphones and 425hp. 4 freakin doors! and 425hp.
Did I mention 425 hp.
At any rate, I was impressed. I could almost guarantee that if I ever get the chance to drive te 2009 Camaro I'd be equally impressed.
All that said, I think my MC is more comefortable.

2000_BLACK_SS 08-30-2008 10:17 PM

RE: Just drove a Charger Super Bee

yeah the 6.1 hemi are alot of fun to drive. my dad almost has 4500 miles on his in about 9 weeks now i think

Taz 08-31-2008 10:39 AM

Since the Chrysler minivan assembly plant is here, Windsor is huge with mopars. Lots of Chargers around here. Including some Super Bee's. Real cool car. Sounds cool. Interior looks cool. Not crazy about the "extra" two doors though. I prefer muscle cars to be 2 doors.

From what I've seen reported on the news on friday, the Charger and Challenger may soon be the only muscle cars that Chrysler will have left. Rumors in the auto industry say that Chrysler is discussing the sale of the Viper line.

I'm not a mopar fan, but I do like the Challenger. If I could afford it, I'd seriously consider buying one. If they made the Charger in a 2 door, that would be even better.

Keeping my Monte goes without saying. :D

custom95 08-31-2008 12:42 PM

I got to ride in an 08 challenger srt (orange w/ carbon stipes on hood). it also has the 425hp 6.1l in it and it was a blast.

RocknSS04 08-31-2008 02:07 PM

I'm sure they're a blast to drive, but my Intimidator is stay'n, along with the Silverado, the Old's Regency, and Lucy, LadyT's '07 Solstice GXP crankin' 350HP. We're all GM around here.
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/f...midators_7.jpg

Taz 08-31-2008 03:10 PM

I used to be die-hard GM, and I guess I still am sort of. GM really p***ed me off with the 04-06 GTO, and the screwing over I got with my 99 Grand Am GT. GM is having to prove themselves to me again.

I would still buy a new Camaro over either of the two mopars. But I would not buy one from the first two model years. Too many bugs that are going to have to be worked out. Plus, they usually make some slight improvements in the second or third year anyway.

Even though I'm a Chevy guy, I can still appreciate a great car no matter what make it is. :)

RocknSS04 08-31-2008 08:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Taz

I would still buy a new Camaro over either of the two mopars. But I would not buy one from the first two model years. Too many bugs that are going to have to be worked out. Plus, they usually make some slight improvements in the second or third year anyway.

You don't have to tell me about 1st year bugs! I'm a tool & die mold maker for 34 years! You got to bust your b__t to get tools into production, imperfections and all. 2nd or 3rd year is the best IMO. Takes a year or 2 to get the bugs out. After that, on high production vehicles, tooling starts to wear, and then you're back into bugs again, with no $$$$ to fix tooling. Run it 'till it dies! Tooling doesn't last forever.