Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: June 2018 Monte Carlo Forum Monthly Members Blog

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 06:27 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jeffs02rwdSS
I had a great start this morning the radio station gives a special shout out to the guys from a Monte Carlo club heading to a car show in Ohio and some East bound and down starts playing.
Really? Wow, that's cool. I'm 99.9% sure that's NMCOA and the Monte Carlo Nationals in Piqua, Ohio that they're talking about. That's where I'm headed early tomorrow afternoon, about a 3 hr drive for me. I've been slowly getting ready and also doing some engine detailing over the past couple evenings. Washed all my drying towels because it looks like we'll have a chance of rain/thunderstorms all weekend.

Good morning guys, first official day of summer!

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 06-21-2018 at 07:47 AM.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:06 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Howdy yall.

That was some bad flooding in Michigan. That sucks, I hope there was no loss of life!

Old 06-21-2018, 08:01 PM

Have fun at the car show, your car looks great . Got my driveshaft built yesterday only $220 , thought it was a good deal. Picked It up last night they painted it black on me so I ended up striping paint off and painting it silver. Will install tomorrow and hopefully have most of my punch list complete so I can drive it this weekend

Old 06-22-2018, 06:14 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys! Just a half day of work and I and then we'll be headed down to Monte Carlo Nationals! We should arrive down there around 4 pm today. 80% chance of rain/thunderstorms today and 50% chance tomorrow... I guess we might as well make it a perfect 4/4 for rain during car events this year. Oh well, we'll make the best of it!

Originally Posted by Jeffs02rwdSS
Have fun at the car show, your car looks great .
Thanks, I appreciate that! Here's after some much needed engine bay polishing, detailing and air filter cleaning that I was able to get to over the past few nights.

Old 06-22-2018, 09:15 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Question

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Good morning guys.

Yesterday made it up to 96, we've had heat indexes in the 100s the past couple days. Ford will be revealing their plans for the Michigan Central Station at 11 am today.

Our Governor has declared a 'state of disaster' for Houghton and Menominee Counties so there should be both State and National assistance, yes. There's a lot of impassable roads. Here's a good video I found showing live shots of just a few affected areas in the Houghton, Michigan area.

https://youtu.be/WRDcHZ3_dn8

His declaration is the first step then he will apply for Fed. Help and they come out and do a damage Assessment if that cost meets the per capita for the population per person some where around 4.00 each and they should get the dec. they do the repairs and should get around 75% back.

Old 06-25-2018, 06:36 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys.

We had a great time at Monte Carlo Nationals this weekend! It was nice to see and catch up with friends and meet even more members. We drove down on Friday afternoon through four rain storms, three very heavy, and it rained off and on through Friday evening but Saturday ended up being a very nice partly cloudy day. I ended up taking a Class Winner in Class 9 (2004-2007 SS). For anyone wondering, it will be at the same location in Piqua, Ohio in 2019 next year... already have our room booked.

Noon on Saturday from the top floor of the hotel...

And we did the poker run for the first time...

Old 06-25-2018, 08:21 AM
5 Year Member
Question

Good morning guys.

We had a great time at Monte Carlo Nationals this weekend! It was nice to see and catch up with friends and meet even more members. We drove down on Friday afternoon through four rain storms, three very heavy, and it rained off and on through Friday evening but Saturday ended up being a very nice partly cloudy day. I ended up taking a Class Winner in Class 9 (2004-2007 SS). For anyone wondering, it will be at the same location in Piqua, Ohio in 2019 next year... already have our room booked.

Noon on Saturday from the top floor of the hotel...

And we did the poker run for the first time...

Wow Congrats on your win.

Did they have any 5th Gen Montes there this time?

Old 06-25-2018, 09:45 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Wow Congrats on your win.

Did they have any 5th Gen Montes there this time?
Thank you, and no there was not one 5th Gen in the show. You need to make the drive to next year's Show to represent

Majority were 4th Gens. There was six 2006-07s, four of which were SSs.

Old 06-25-2018, 11:24 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2016
10 Year Member

I'm flattered that they used an illustration of my car on the awards.....

Old 06-25-2018, 06:34 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Thank you, and no there was not one 5th Gen in the show. You need to make the drive to next year's Show to represent

Majority were 4th Gens. There was six 2006-07s, four of which were SSs.

If I showed up they would say; Dude......what did you bring that peace of junk here for? Lol
When I was in St. Louis back in 2016 I went to a Car show that had a few 4th gens and one of them had been at the MC show in Kentucky. It was Blue with a checkerboard design on the side. I complimented them on the Car and told them I had seen it in Kentucky.
They asked if I had a Monte? I said but mine is the most hated one of all. The guys wife said;
You must have a 5th gen then.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: June 2018 Monte Carlo Forum Monthly Members Blog