Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   I've Been Busy (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/ive-been-busy-30050/)

rj 08-05-2011 12:30 PM

I've Been Busy

And that's why I haven't been on in some time.

With the health issues my dad was having. And spending some time with my 3 sisters. (OLDER sisters that is)
My dad is off almost all medications now. He finally agreed to getting his hearing tested. One ear was 45% hearling loss, the other was 37%. So we talked him in to getting hearing aides.

Today is the 36th anniversary my 4-door and I have been together. :)

Yesterday I got to drive my pink/white Hardtop on the streets for the first time since may. A bad radiator kept the car in the barn. It took the repair shop 3 WEEKS to repair the radiator. Got in to the "Might As Wells" with the car since the radiator was out.

http://inlinethumb55.webshots.com/29...425x425Q85.jpg

Pulled the headers on monday and worked my @$$ off getting them cleaned/prepped/painted and back on before thursday. So I could drive the car to the local DQ cruise-in. The very first road test the stinking header paint blistered off the headers. AGH! :(
I had let the enging idle a couple times while I adjusted the clutch pedal. As the linkage needs to come off to remove/install the driver side header. And the Duplicolor paint says it's good to 1200 degrees. Sure hope my headers didn't get 1201 degrees. They'd have melted.

Took the Pace car to a cruise at the Waffle House in Monroe, OH last saturday to good reviews. They seemed to like the car and asked many questions about it.

And been working on my first car some. Trying to get it running again. We celebrated 39 years together last month. :) :)

The_Maniac 08-05-2011 12:36 PM

Glad to see ya back on! I was thinking I haven't seen a post from you in a while. :)

Tadcaster 08-05-2011 12:42 PM

Welcome back RJ nice chevy there BTW

Space 08-05-2011 01:56 PM

Hi Mod R.J.,
It's really great to see you back & thanks for your update...Wish your dad the best.
It's great that you got your awesome 57 (pink One) back on the streets to EnJoy...

AwesomeSS 08-05-2011 07:32 PM

Great to hear from you again RJ!

Taz 08-05-2011 08:22 PM

Great to hear from you RJ. Good to read your dad is improving. His mood should really improve when he gets his hearing aids.

Ricks 2006 SS 08-05-2011 11:27 PM

Glad to hear your Dad is doing better. Like Taz said. His moods will be on the better side. Once he can hear better. Very nice 57 you have. You should tell us more about it and post more pics of it. The way it looks. I bet it's a runner ?? :)

rj 08-06-2011 12:17 PM

Thanks for the welcomes back. :)

I knew it'd been a while since I'd been on MCF. I guess it's actually been closer to a few weeks? :(

We went to Columbus Goodguys and had a blast as usual. Took one of my '57s and became a GG member. The guy at the gate wouldn't let me park. "It's not a hot rod." is what he told me. I'd just paid GG $90 to be there only to have to park in general parking. Same guys wouldn't allow me to park with the other hot rods but outside the fairgrounds. Saturday morning we got up at 5am, drove back home and got the Pace car. Cause I didn't want my '57 getting damaged or stolen in general parking. Got back to the fairgrounds around 10am tried to park and was told I needed to be in the hot rod line to park but he let me in anyways. Sunday we got to the fairgrounds, got in the hot rod line like I was told before and got told I needed to be in the general parking line. This time they made me pay $6 to park.
Boy I was HOT!!!

None of this includes the fiasco with the room reservations and getting told I didn't have a room on Goodguys weekend. lol :rolleyes:

So that guy walking around the fairgrounds with steam coming out his ears..... was me. :)

Taz 08-06-2011 12:31 PM

That's total BS RJ. I'd be hot too if I was you.